• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Magcargo gx

Levi Derowin

Aspiring Trainer
I'm working on a magcargo deck for expanded as I feel it is a better alternative to blacephalon. Plus i really magcargo. The goal is to use blacksmith to put discarded energy on to magcargo. Then add a manual attachment and a crushing charge or 2 to hit for 250+ koing anything I want to. And if I need resources I can use smooth over and scorched earth to get anything I want. It works in theory but it hasn't pulled through yet and I'm hoping someone can see an issue I cant.

Pokemon 11
3 magcargo gx
2 magcargo (smooth over)
4 slugma (lost thunder)
1 ditto prism star
1 victini prism star
Supporters 12
4 juniper
3 cynthia
1 guzma
3 blacksmith
1 karen
Items 18
4 ultra ball
4 heavy ball
4 vs seeker
3 max potion
1 energy recycler
2 field blower
Tools 2
2 float stone
Stadiums 3
2 scorched earth
1 heat factory
Energy 13
13 fire
I chose cynthia over n because I take a lot of prizes very fast.

-2 Juniper
-1 Cynthia
-1 Blacksmith

+4 Acro Bike/Order Pad

These are my personal preferences. I firmly believe that VS Seeker works GREAT with only 2 Supporters in deck. Acro Bike and Order Pad are basically free consistency cards.
Happy playing.

Pop in a Lele or two if you can afford it. They boost consistency a ton, especially early game before you get the Smooth Over set up.

Back