Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I feel like scattered mind isn't really a valid lynch candidate at this point. His questions seem to be logical and are a good way of engaging with other players and making sure they can give actual evidence, which is a good thing.
As for the Wailord case: I think that when scums want to jump on a wagon they indeed feel like justifying their vote by echoing, but townies can do that too. Same thing goes when scums try to hop off a dead wagon, only here, it is more common for scum, imo, than town to echo when they unvote. Not sure if that's the main point of your case, but it is not something I feel that is stronger than the points on Robin and Jesi.
Some have pointed to this as buddying, but personally I don't think that really constitutes that. Maybe I'm wrong, but buddying is more agreeing with another player or actively defending any criticism, consistently throughout a game. This is just acknowledging possible flaws in an argument.

The other more recent possible lynch candidate is Professor Palutena and looking back at their posts the only thing that jumps out as me as suspicious is the neighborhood thing, but that's not necessarily scummy, just worth noting for the future. I could easily see there being a scum member infiltrating the neighborhood, but without knowing all the details I can't say much. For now, PP is leaning town for me, because there is good intentioned scumhunting, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on them

For me, Robin still seems like the best case of lynching today. I'm somewhat intrigued in what his "back up" is for his behavior so far, but it seems like just a way of buying time preventing an early lynching, just hoping that we'll forget about him later on in the game.

So, I feel like scattered mind isn't really a valid lynch candidate at this point. His questions seem to be logical and are a good way of engaging with other players and making sure they can give actual evidence, which is a good thing.

Who do you see as a valid lynch candidate then?

I would really appreciate if you don't insult people at all, whether you have "backup" or not.

Noted, will keep in mind for future games....

Meh, I'm going to stop the act now. I thought it would be an interesting approach to take an offensive stance and make matters personal. It's just a game after all. But a jerk is still a jerk is how I feel about it so I'm going to stop. Though, It's really nice to see that players do use some of their feelings for their decisions.

Now for some contribution, I could've showed it earlier today but that may have prevented discussion. I received a random ability, though a name is not included. This ability is either from Palutena or another member of the Mafia Team.

My role is gay and if yours is too, you can be part of my neighborhood.

Active: Gaydar
Drama is a stereotypically “gay” activity, and though stereotypes are usually totally wrong, in this case you really are fabulous. Being gay in school is a minefield, and you’ve been separated from the only other gay in school! Every night, including night 0, until you find your partner, please PM Celever “Night X -- Ask [user1] if they’re gay”. If you correctly identify your partner, a mason chat will be initiated between you. Your partner will be part of the mafia team.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PROFESSOR PALUTENA

I don't think there's much more to it... I could argue how Palutena lied about there being multiple gays, but simply being part of the mafia should suffice. I know this info comes a little late but my Lynch is absolute nonsense. You won't get any good information from my dead, I can tell. And people are confused about my allignement? Seriously like we cleared anyone town or scum...

Huh...

My problem is that Celever would have given scum safeclaims... so PP's claim or safeclaim should not contradict Robin's claim or safeclaim.

Now, @Robin Asiga, why didn't you reveal this information immediately when PP claimed to have a gay role?

Yep, that's my role.

Seems I missed the part about there being only one gay though (not like anyone would believe it at this point though). This does check a few things for me though, namely that the other gay is likely scum (why would they be neighbors as opposed to masons then?)

I had seen many roles like this before where the number of correct targets for neighborizing was 2 or more, so my assumption was the same here (which is what I get for reading my role PM while studying for midterms; I literally just looked at a syntax). To be fair, I did ask Celever if there were multiple correct targets for Gaydar and was given a "I can't comment" answer even though the role PM had the answer in it for me, so I'm personally confused here. I'd like to think that if there was just one Gaydar target, he would've told me to read the PM harder.

Lets backpedal then.

I'd like to see if some of the other experienced players agree with me here. Because PP is also experienced enough to know playstyles.

I absolutely agree. PP's case seemed incredibly forced, and scattered is playing like he always does.

Noted, will keep in mind for future games....

Meh, I'm going to stop the act now. I thought it would be an interesting approach to take an offensive stance and make matters personal. It's just a game after all. But a jerk is still a jerk is how I feel about it so I'm going to stop. Though, It's really nice to see that players do use some of their feelings for their decisions.

Now for some contribution, I could've showed it earlier today but that may have prevented discussion. I received a random ability, though a name is not included. This ability is either from Palutena or another member of the Mafia Team.

Drama is a stereotypically “gay” activity, and though stereotypes are usually totally wrong, in this case you really are fabulous. Being gay in school is a minefield, and you’ve been separated from the only other gay in school! Every night, including night 0, until you find your partner, please PM Celever “Night X -- Ask [user1] if they’re gay”. If you correctly identify your partner, a mason chat will be initiated between you. Your partner will be part of the mafia team.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PROFESSOR PALUTENA

I don't think there's much more to it... I could argue how Palutena lied about there being multiple gays, but simply being part of the mafia should suffice. I know this info comes a little late but my Lynch is absolute nonsense. You won't get any good information from my dead, I can tell. And people are confused about my allignement? Seriously like we cleared anyone town or scum...

Wait wait wait

Your partner will be part of the mafia team.

Did PP just claim this ability? There is no way that it belongs to a town aligned player.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Hmm... what's the point of the Mason chat? If PP were town then as soon as He found his scum partner he would logically step call him out and get him lynched.

Unless PP's role is designed to be this games "cop" I don't see the point of the Mason chat.

You never believe anything a confoscum member would post so it seems dumb

##unvote Wailord

##vote Professor Palutena

Not to be that guy who calls indie, but if PP were an indie then there could be a benefit to knowing that his partner is a member of the scum faction.

K here's scattered mind's ISO.

First thing I want to point out is that he hasn't voted at all today, despite all the posting he's done. Think of that what you will, but I find it suspicious with how much he's talked about stuff. I actually had to check the vote count on page 18 to make sure I didn't miss any posts.

scattered mind has also rarely offered his opinions and stances on today's events. Instead, he's been trying to prod more info out of people, which feigns participation in my opinion. This can be seen through

This wall of quotes is a collection of sm's oneliners. It's barely anything.

While all of this questioning is fine, there's something missing here that I find quite interesting. Like I alluded to above, sm hasn't offered his thoughts on the game yet, yet he's highly fascinated by what other players think. This reads to me like he's afraid of participating, and instead is more interested in what everyone else thinks. It's like he's trying to hide.

This doesn't fit with the one liners in terms of length, but it's the same general thing. This is classic sm commentating on someone else's actions, which is what he's done in the above quotes. He's yet to actually say anything of substance, because he's so focused on Jesi's play comparing it from last game.

So we have thoughts on the game finally, but I really don't know how to read it. It's so entrenched in the last game that I don't feel confident in calling it his thoughts on the current game. With the above post, I really want to know why sm is so concerned about Jesi's meta.

FYI, the quote above where he asks Jesi about the points on Robin is from here. I moved it up there because it better fit, but that's why it's link won't work up there.

This is SM trying to explain the game to someone, and it's finally his thoughts on the current game. It only took 15 posts!! We finally learn that he's leaning towards Robin and Jesi, but not Wailord. And apparently the cases aren't strong enough for him to vote on them, which is odd as I've stated above.

The question about indies fits into the questioning oneliners. sm really seems to care about what other people are saying.

And now we have sm concerned about role fishing. It's like we get close to thinking what he thinks, but isn't actually willing to say anything. Why so overly cautious?

When you take away the one liners and barrage of questioning, sm is very narrowly focused on Jesi. I don't think that's inarguable given that it's the only name he's repeatedly mentioned.

So, tl; dr version of the sm case:
- hasn't voted yet; you guys know my philosophy on voting by now and why I find this so problematic
- the lack of a vote is especially peculiar when it comes to how much he's posted today
- a barrage of one liners that are just prods trying to poke info out of people; these are so close to fluff that I struggle to call them participation
- when you take away the one liners, you have solid Jesi tunneling that is especially focused on her play in the last game
- I didn't mention it in the ISO, but his posts reek of Devil's Advocate. This is especially true with the one liners.

Right now I'm conflicted with my vote. I like both cases on Robin and scattered. Robin has been fairly scummy all day and has been very obvious about it. sm hasn't been directly as scummy (in terms of being in your face about it), but I have to award scum points for how he's been hiding it. I'll keep my vote on Robin for now for the sake of getting a lynch in today as I don't know if we have time to entirely jump ship on sm, but I'm entirely willing to do so if the situation arises.

-Voting: I don't know why I haven't use my vote yet, I could technically use it as a pressure tool on TSM or Jesi, but that would not be my opinion that this is the one I think is scum. Your philosophy kinda ignores pressure votes, which I often use,(but simply didn't use them this game, no idea why). When I vote, and you can check it in other games, it's either a pressure vote, a case that I started, and if that's a wagon vote, meaning it's me going for a current case that I think is good) then that vote comes really late after a lot of questions I ask to make the case clear for me, and to see that it is good.

-My short questions are not there to contain info, but to gain info.

-Jesi: As an experienced player (not that experienced but whatever) that saw new and old players do "by the book" scummy things(TGK, Jesi, SS) and getting lynched D1 although they do that all the time or most of the time, I feel that it is not wise to ignore the obvious scummy things, but it is also important to acknowledge that they are very easy target for scums, and thus it is important to dig in and find extra evidence (something scummy that is not by the book, when by the book means their meta like AtE OMGUS bandwagoning etc). That is why I gave attention to the case, with taking posts from other games to find something that contradicts her play, and I did find a little thing, however, I don't mind to wait and see how things go with her for the next day.

-If my opinion is not clear, let me simply clear it for you: I think Jesi is scummy by the book, I did find something that is not by the book scummy for her but I am willing to see how she is doing tomorrow. Robin is very aggressive, he can't stop bandwagoning and try to insult people and I am genuinely confused from this play of his. It does remind me of what happened with another player who got annoyed, arrogant and aggressive and he was scum, but I agree with SS that this also reminds what happened with SS when he was town D1. I know you hate to hear that but what can I do, I need more evidence. I said that I'm not sure that Wailord's case is stronger than the current cases on Robin and Jesi partly because they are stronger (the Wailord case is about how he unvoted once the wagon on TSM died and how he took care to explain it, bb posted another thing about that that I have not read yet, though) and also to get bb to share his thoughts on the other cases and to make him tell why this case is better than the current cases (which shortly after he did), and I didn't vote either Robin or Jesi because I needed more evidence in each case.

Well ain't this just peachy. This is what Celever sent me.

The performing arts are a stereotypically “gay” activity, and though stereotypes are usually totally wrong, in this case you really are fabulous. Being gay in school is a minefield, and you’ve been separated from the only other gay in school! Every night, including night 0, until you find your partner, please PM Celever “Night X -- Ask [user1] if they’re gay”. If you correctly identify your partner, a mason chat will be initiated between you. Your partner may be a part of the mafia team, however.

##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Look into Robin tomorrow if (read: when) my flip doesn't match his quote because I have suspicions that he's the other gay role, and thus mafia aligned. This is the best lynch for getting info.

This role is dumb as hell and I'll be glad to be rid of it.

If Robin is the best lynch for getting info, then why not lynch Robin? Voting for yourself is most unhelpful unless your role is actually detrimental, and from my understanding, it is not.

Hmm... what's the point of the Mason chat? If PP were town then as soon as He found his scum partner he would logically step call him out and get him lynched.

Unless PP's role is designed to be this games "cop" I don't see the point of the Mason chat.

You never believe anything a confoscum member would post so it seems dumb

##unvote Wailord

##vote Professor Palutena
The host gives safeclaims though...

What even?

If you correctly identify your partner, a mason chat will be initiated between you. Your partner will be part of the mafia team.

Yep, that's my role.

Seems I missed the part about there being only one gay though (not like anyone would believe it at this point though). This does check a few things for me though, namely that the other gay is likely scum (why would they be neighbors as opposed to masons then?)

I had seen many roles like this before where the number of correct targets for neighborizing was 2 or more, so my assumption was the same here (which is what I get for reading my role PM while studying for midterms; I literally just looked at a syntax). To be fair, I did ask Celever if there were multiple correct targets for Gaydar and was given a "I can't comment" answer even though the role PM had the answer in it for me, so I'm personally confused here. I'd like to think that if there was just one Gaydar target, he would've told me to read the PM harder.

Lets backpedal then.

Mason= players that knows each other's alignment (both town) by definition. Neighbors do not. It just doesn't make sense. After all, what's the difference between a mason and a neighbor? Or am I missing something?

Mason= players that knows each other's alignment (both town) by definition. Neighbors do not. It just doesn't make sense. After all, what's the difference between a mason and a neighbor?
You already identified the difference.

It's a small difference, but it makes all the difference in the world.

It doesn't matter if the host gives safe claims... it makes robins claim stronger. Unless robins ability is worded in a way that implies it gives safe claim results then the results robin gains from Celever are more trustworthy than the person being accused because PP most likely has the safe claim since Robin has allegedly posted host given results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back