Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's why you actually stuck to the vote, then why didn't you say that in your reasoning? Rather, you tried to give more evidence to why TSM was scum.
I was trying to offer a possible explanation for his actions. The behavior of new scum and new town can be very similar, in my post I explained how him being new didn't necessarily mean that he wasn't scum. At that point in the game, most of the suspects were new players.

But here you found his panicking (e.g. his overreacting) an indication of new town. What made you change your mind?
I changed my mind, because I was convinced by arguments that you made. I thought that your response to my post was logical and that my initial interpretation of TSM's actions was worth reconsidering.

I believe I just caught a slip:
I was trying to offer a possible explanation for his actions. The behavior of new scum and new town can be very similar, in my post I explained how him being new didn't necessarily mean that he wasn't scum. At that point in the game, most of the suspects were new players.

I changed my mind, because I was convinced by arguments that you made. I thought that your response to my post was logical and that my initial interpretation of TSM's actions was worth reconsidering.
This is a lie. The quote where you "changed your mind" came before the quote where you said he was scummy (220 vs 236).
##UNVOTE: Robin Aisaga
##LaL: Wailord_2

I highly doubt there's a silencer in this setup, TAE.

Huh, that's an interesting note you've pointed out, NinjaPenguin. I'll wait for Wailord to explain himself before I move my vote.

...Nah, I'm gonna switch my vote here. I want to see an answer to this, and this may be as convincing as the Robin case to me, if not more by the end of it. Besides, this may help get an answer to this slip.

##Unvote
##Vote: Wailord_2

Please tell us why you've lied, Wailord. ^v^

I believe I just caught a slip:

This is a lie. The quote where you "changed your mind" came before the quote where you said he was scummy (220 vs 236).
##UNVOTE: Robin Aisaga
##LaL: Wailord_2
I'm not exactly sure what you think I slipped up. When I changed my mind, I meant that I decided not to vote for TSM. It's true I didn't decide to vote for Robin until after I had already unvoted TSM. When I made post 220, I knew that TSM was no longer the best candidate for lynching, but I wasn't sure who was yet. It wasn't until post 236 that I decided to vote for Robin.

If you're talking about when I initially said that I found TSM scummy those were posts 108 and 122

That's because it wasn't a very strong point but it's good that he is looking for things like that.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

I don't really understand the answer Wailord gave, but I'm not really sure what I can pursue of it after that response, so I'm gonna remove my vote.

##Unvote

Ok, wow Jesi, you said you are going to wait for Wailord to answer, but then you vote after someone else voted? And then you unvote because everyone else unvoted? This is the same scummy behavior you had that almost got me lynched last game. I am saying this in the nicest way : Stop mindlessly bandwagoning. I promise you, it's a lot more fun to play with critical thinking. Or just thinking. The fact that you act the same like when you were town is not going to hold water forever, so stop saying I will learn (noticed how you pull that sentense the first time in this game after I said that is what you used to say last game) and AtE. I am going to read the last game you have played because I am pretty sure you did improve during the game.

@TheSceptileMaster - Are you going to answer my question?

@scattered mind
If you're reading up on PMJ's game, keep in mind that I was influencing Jesi for a lot of the late game, and so keep that in mind in your analysis.

OK, so I checked, and I can't say Jesi really improved during the game. She keeps echoing pretty much the whole game. I am not sure if the following post was a case she started on morda, but that's the closest thing to improvement I could find, which is not sufficient.

I've been on vacation and have been lucky enough to have wifi for limited access.

Sometimes, I just post a lot at once and need to overlook what I've typed. Sorry about that. Other times, I'll just completely miss stuff.

I'm finding him suspicious and definitely someone to keep an eye on today, even though if he keeps going at the post rate he is he won't be on too much to defend himself and explain. I went through the end of Day 3 and found a few of his posts.

Like BB said, activity does not denote alignment. Just because Vom is active doesn't mean he's automatically town; heck, with that logic that makes Reinforce, Luis, Drac, PP, and even you scum.

No effort to expand on why he feels this way. You could've at least told us what's making your decision hard the best you could.

To me, the "maybe it's nothing" part is a little confusing. Could you expand on this? In addition, I'm finding the fact that Morda jumped onto the SS wagon with no comment a little interesting. At least with Luis, he made the effort to say he echoes everything already said, but this could just be a useless thing I noted.

For the sake of pressure:
##VOTE: mordacazir

That said, it could have been just bb influencing her too in their chat.

Another thing that I found is that when Jesi got pressure on herself, she went V/LA, in a similar way to what happened in this game:

BTW, just wanna let everyone know that I'll be V/LA from tomorrow until next Saturday. I'll be doing my very best to make a post here and there, as I'll have my laptop with me, but I can say for sure I'll be less active.

And also this post from PMJ's game:

One last thing I want to say: I played absolutely terrible in Day 1, and I could’ve done so many things differently. I’m going to improve on what I did wrong and do my best to contribute.

That was before she echoed almost the entire game.

All things are pointing to the option that Jesi is town that have not learned from last game, being very possible.

However:

Remember how Jesi told that she wanted to switch her vote, but was afraid from being called out?

• I actually wanted to switch my vote earlier, but I didn't, because if I did, I'd have been called out for throwing my vote around, and I didn't want that, so I played like I was still interested in the TSM lynch.

This is what she said during PMJ's game:

For one, I don't think you should've held back on what you think about a case. It's a little like what happened with Morda. Always post your thoughts, because it's not like they won't be contribution or anuthing.

If you knew that, Jesi, then why did you fear from people's reaction now?

I'm not exactly sure what you think I slipped up. When I changed my mind, I meant that I decided not to vote for TSM. It's true I didn't decide to vote for Robin until after I had already unvoted TSM. When I made post 220, I knew that TSM was no longer the best candidate for lynching, but I wasn't sure who was yet. It wasn't until post 236 that I decided to vote for Robin.

If you're talking about when I initially said that I found TSM scummy those were posts 108 and 122
I buy your response ##UNVOTE: Wailord_2
What my post did do, though, was cause Jesi to mindlessly bandwagon again. I would vote her, but she is close to a hammer.
@Celever Can we get a vote count?

Funny that when I was reading the thread I thought that Wailord was susp and then I came across bb's case on him (bb being a thought ninja again). My reasoning was the kind of vague logic being used by him and also (on a low level) activity as I don't really remember him being sort of prominent on Day 1 before (and iirc he's always been town). Bit of a harsh reason but eh, it's Day 1.

I noticed the "They" need every lead and thought the same thing, but the part I'm actually suss on is the "you could get under fire for it" to me it seems like she's warning her fellow scum buddy to start scum hunting or he'll get called out for it.

Self aware is bad, but if I recall, in all the games I've seen of Jesi she's been this Same way so there's not much to gain from this.

This!

##vote: @PikaMasterJesi

Not much reasoning.

From what I can understand Jesi and Robin are the two predominately on the spotlight,

But make sure you read back for yourself because if you just go off the answers that someone gives you then you're missing the word for posts of potential suspects :)
Try and get in the habit of just reading back and not asking

Dumbtelling. You know Jesi and Robin are in the spotlight so you don't need to mask it with 'from what I can understand'.

Is this what I sound like when I get frustrated? That's embarrassing.. haha
Robin reads as arrogant town, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him but for now is reaction to me seems townie (simply because I react the same way).

At the moment I'm still pretty sold with Jesi, as others have said that V/LA came out of nowhere and is a quite dodgy thing to do especially when pressure is mounting on you.

This is different reasoning to what you gave before when you voted for Jesi (before she went V/LA) and you haven't mentioned your old reasoning either. In what way, in your opinion, is Robin's situation different to Jesi's?

##VOTE: Squirtle Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back