Mafia XLVIII: Mafia of the Forgotten Island
What's up guys. I'm PMJ, and if you don't know me, that's terrible.
Welcome to motfia!
I haven't ridden this particular horse in a while (more than a dozen games by the looks of it), but I'm back for one game only to have some fun and I hope you will all have fun with me.
The flavor of this game takes place in the universe of my current story, Mysteries of the Forgotten Island (Version Zero). You do not have to read the story in order to play the game, although it's recommended anyway because it's the pinnacle of human literature. At worst, a couple references may escape you, but they are more related to the story than the game.
To those of you who are actually following the story, this game takes place during chapter 9. Story elements are pretty minor, as this game is meant to be an aside and not a full-fledged part of the chapter. By the end of the game, you will learn the last names of all the characters who haven't battled yet... maybe a couple other things.
An additional note to those who do follow the story: Roles are randomized. Do not attempt to use character names or traits, or game flavor, to find scum. Everyone is a suspect!
Below is the flavor for the game. You do not have to read it in order to play the game, but it will help you appreciate the characters and the flavor a little more.
Rules and Mechanics
For the general rules of Mafia, as well as a list of terminology you might encounter in this game, please see this thread.
Game-specific Rules READ THESE
1. In regards to claims: direct quotes are okay. Lying about things I have said is okay. Fabricating quotes from me is okay. Screenshots are not okay.
2. Play to win, but be excellent to each other.
2. Don't "like" posts unless I direct you to. Liking posts detracts from letting players get reads on you by analyzing the things you say.
3. Outside communication (OC) is forbidden. Do not discuss the game anywhere except in this thread or any QuickTopics you are a part of.
4. Game host word is law. If you have any questions, ask me privately.
5. Editing your post for any reason is forbidden. This is because each post has valuable information that players must be able to guarantee the accuracy of. The first offense will result in a global warning to all players. Each subsequent offense is a modkill (regardless of whether or not you had done it previously).
6. All roles, including scum safe claims, are written by the host; any spelling, grammar, wording inconsistencies, or unforgivable canon mistakes are my fault and no one else's.
7. Once you submit your night action, it is final. Be sure of your targets!
8. No self-targeting.
9. No Lynch is allowed.
There are two factions: the Patient Competitors (town, Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice) and Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves (scum, Win Condition: Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves comprise half or more of all remaining players). There are no independent roles.
Vote using ##VOTE and unvote using ##UNVOTE. Please use these specific verbs. (If you don't, your vote/unvote will not be counted.) If you want to change your vote after you cast it, but you don't remember who you voted for, you can just use ##UNVOTE without the name of a player. For example, this would be a legal play:
##VOTE Water Pokemon Master
Lynches are decided by simple majority (if there are 10 players remaining, 6 votes are required to lynch). If a simple majority is not reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, there will be no lynch. Days will be 96 hours long and nights will be 60 hours long. At the end of each night is an additional 12-hour sunrise period in which no night actions will be accepted. During this time, night actions will be processed and the new day's posts written. Players may not post in the thread during sunrise, as no one should be up at such a godawful hour.
A player's role PM will contain any actions available to a player. Here is a sample role PM.
You are Tsomu Isobe, and you are a Patient Competitor. The eldest of five siblings, your physical appearance makes you appear far older than you actually are. You've taken up assisting the Indigo Plateau chefs in the kitchen while you're here, and you are very upset that someone--or several someones, apparently--helped themselves to Windra's cake. Time to team up with Bae and find the culprits!
Ability: Stomping Tantrum
If you ever have more than three votes on you, you will commit suicide.
Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice
Any questions? Let me know.
The setup accommodates exactly twelve. If we don't hit that, I'll
4. Jadethepokemontrainer Ruby (Scum) - Winner
6. GrandPanacea Scarlet (Scum) - Winner
8. simsands Windra (Scum) - Winner
3. GM DracLord
6. Haunted Water
7. scattered mind
(we only needed one sub \o/)
Day 1 Final Vote Count
Day 2 Final Vote Count