Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Vote Count
Celever (1): Professor Palutena (592-)
@quakingpunch73 (2): Celever (580-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, lord o da rings, bbninjas, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Players who need to post more:

@quakingpunch73

Sorry about taking so long for the votecount.

Alright, so this thread has blown up since I was away yesterday. I've been wanting to look back at Celever during Day 3 and today, and I now I have some time to do so...
....there's no night phase? I'm a bit shook. But uh, I guess we'll keep going.

I wanted to catch up on the thread during the night phase, because I noticed half way through the day that my alerts broke and didn't have good opportunity to catch up. Basically all I've see is that mirdo died, and it looks like he supported a HW lynch, who also pushed mirdo's lynch, so it could have been OMGUS.

For now I have a theory on bbninjas, but I want to ISO him on Day 2.
Basically, Cel says that he hasn't been following, and that he'll be catching up, and that he'll ISO bb, which is fine.
OK, Prof's case on bb as well as the seeming exclusivity of accusations being thrown only at experienced players has convinced me to drop my hunch on bb. It's still in the back of my mind, but involves role stuff. Nothing major whatsoever, of course.

On the other hand, both of the lynches thus far have been on relatively inexperienced players, both being led by experienced ones at that. This correlation is worrying to say the least.

Finally, the rainy hunch is decent.
Reading through, I don't think there's any way HW and bb are both scum. However, the chance that one of them is scum I'd say is, at this stage, fairly good.

I find HW's case convincing on limited catchupness: ##VOTE: rainyman123
Alright, so here's where a few of Cel's problems begin. First, as other people have been saying, he starts to hint that his role isn't powerful, with the bolded above. Another thing that stands out as odd to me is that he seemingly contradicts himself in these posts, by first implying that bb is leaning town, by dropping his hunch, and then implying bb is scum a few posts later, by saying he thinks one of bb and HW is scum and following HW.
mord, I was silenced Day 2. Just a worthwhile note there.
Just reminding mord of the silence, which is fine.
It's great that you're so active, Lorde, but this case is a pretty giant reach.
Again, the post is fine, although Celever doesn't go into how the case is reaching.
I'm getting scummy vibes from quaking.
##UNVOTE: rainyman123
##VOTE: quakingpunch123

It's a bit active lurk-y, not too contentful and overall it seems like there's a bit of an enthusiasm lull? His posts almost give off a nuanced tone, like he's drafted it a couple times to make sure there's no scumslips in it.
You're misreading that quote. It's not an aggressive tone at all.
I'll go into these posts at once, since they both cover tone. Tone is subjective, since you read it and interpret it, so the way you interpret it can be different than someone else.
Who's your top scumread now that you've unvoted HW, @Lord o da rings?
Again, another question, but still no real contributing.
quaking can still be scum despite claiming Mario. I'm sure scum have been given safeclaims (as per the norm in every game on this site in the last 2 years) and I see no reason why Mario can't be one of them.
Who says the flavour is directly congruent with the happenings of the game?
That's very flawed logic. We should treat every Mario character with exactly the same amount of suspicion surrounding whether they are a safeclaim or not.
....that doesn't even make sense. Saying that lots of primary protagonists won't all be safeclaims is illogical because it's trying to get into the psychology of the host, something we can never know.
Mario is a multi-hit vigilante? That doesn't seem particularly balanced, honestly. My role is very low power, so I'm surprised to see one so strong elsewhere.
##VOTE: quakingpunch73

If you're a vig with a multi-shot you're obviously an indie. This is crazy.

I hadn't noticed that my role was buffed, but I've now found the difference. The difference isn't notable, but I suppose I'm weak to begin with.
Each and every one of these posts is filled with WIFOM. Roles can vary in power with each host, and hosts never have set guidelines to pick who is a safeclaim, but this has already been addressed by PP. There's also more instances of minimizing the power of roles in these statements.
Quaking is probably an indie and there's no scumhunting going on rn meanwhile I dont have much time so I'm kinda relying on the others to scumhunt.
So you're not going to try and help? At this point, almost all of Celever's posts have devolved into tunneling me due to role stuff.
So, in addition to the points on talking about the role, there's also the weird instance of contradicting himself, having generally unmemorable and noncontributory posts, and the additional fact that he has a vote-weight of 2. This means that, if a townie is lynched today, and Cel is scum, he only needs one person to mis-vote and then scum have a free path to the win. ##Vote: Celever

Man, its a shame I didn't call rainy out on possibly being scum, or I didn't say that Celever is pretty much Town for having a vw role. Oh wait. I did. You pushed me on D3 and got the same results you're getting now, with me realizing your argument is kapoot. You then said someone could be coaching rainy, which obviously isn't happening.
Yeah, no. These aren't major things. Anyone can speculate about these things, and anyone can say them. Also, you're saying rainy being coached obviously isn't happening, neither is rainy being scum, or Celever being "pretty much" town. We're both being hypocrites to each other, and I'm going to stop.
Never did I say he shouldn't be lynched, but it'd be a waste as he's not a threat.
Why are you so certain he's not threatening?
There's a difference between how either of us have reacted. If I was reacting in the same mindset, I would've done this with everyone of Epist's arguments in D2. But I couldn't counter them because they were decently pointed. Yours seems frantic, especially since I kinda gave you benefit of the doubt.
If you're calling me out for having a frantic argument you can call out Celever as well. You still have a town leaning read from me. I'm not calling you out for being scum, I'm saying your reasoning for having me as suspicious isn't valid because it's untrue.
morda has been lying low and I don't like that. However from what I see right now Prof is scummy as his arguments aren't adding up. Celever I don't believe is scum for aforementioned reasons.
Morda can only post 5 times daily, he said this earlier today. If that's why he seems to be lying low it's not his fault. Why is Prof scummy because of his arguments? His Celever one, at least, makes a lot of sense, and again, scum mayors exist. Celever shouldn't be soft cleaned because of his VW.

K I have to post cos I did the replying to birthdays VMs but imma be upfront: I am not sober and my cognition is limited. I'm also on my phone so I'm not gonna make a massive amazing response to quaking and tbf there's nothing to respond to cos quaking's case is obvious OMGUS considering other people have been scummier.

and tbf there's nothing to respond to cos quaking's case is obvious OMGUS considering other people have been scummier.
Nope, there is stuff to respond to in that case.

I look forward to you returning when you're sober. :U

1. Why do you think that Celever pushing for quaking is abnormal for town Celever?
2. Why would scum Celever be desperate enough to push quaking as an indie if he could literally choose anyone else and push for them?
3. Why is quaking an all-but-confirmed town?
4. Why does this first post sound like you're rushing to complete it?
5. Why is Celever saying his role is weak indication that he's crumbling?
6. Why would Celever even be crumbling in the first place?
7. Why do you say the bolded and then procede to speculate on Celever's role, how a mayor could be scum and generally try to justify these things?

1. I'm not concerned about meta because I think meta is a poor argument to use as playstyles consistantly evolve and change. But I think that anyone who does not buy quaking's claim (like Celever) is trying to push a lynch on the closest to clear that we have, and I have a problem with that.

2. Again, meta. But the best way to push a lynch on an almost cleared townie is to push for them as an indie. Scum hate clears as it makes PoE for determining scum easier.

3. quaking is all but confirmed town due to the nature of his claim and role, which have so far been uncontested. Flavor supports his claim as well, and, if he was scum, why would he kill Bowser, which he did. Indie claim doesn't make sense either as town would be in LYLO right now if there was another anti-town indie. He has to be town.

4. I'm not sure why you think I was rushing that post but okay?

5/6. Isn't crumbling usually defined as hinting at your role? I may have the wrong term but the WW Terminology guide doesn't provide any other examples.

7. I provided that phrase as example as to why role spec does nothing, because I'm spouting nonsense that is equivalent to any post saying "Cel is confirmed town because he's mayor".

And now my read on prof has changed. All it took was a better presentation.

On the whole role spec thing, we cant be 100% percent sure anyway unless we have a seer, and it appears the only one we had lies dead, and is a very balanced and seemingly broken role. However, the fact that nobody has counterclaimed leads me to believe that quaking is telling the truth.
@Lord o da rings, I'm not quoting because tired and don't feel like it, but I view somebody who has wasted their hostile abilities and doesn't not share a wincon with the town but isnt scum to be non-threatening,

/me rolls off to slumber

@Haunted Water - I am confident he's not scum. Only if Celever flips scum do we need to look into him. Town
@Celever - Quaking and Prof bring up good points and holes in what he's been saying, but I'm gonna refrain from voting because he'd be at L-1. Scum
@bbninjas - I've said it twice before, but again Epist dying after pushing him is shady, but there's not much else indicating anything at all. Neutral/Scum Leaning
@Professor Palutena - Said more since I last read him and I like what he's said. Town
@quakingpunch73 - After everything going on today I'm just putting him as in between. Neutral

...and I had to recall the 6th person...

@mordacazir - But they're kinda excused because of their posting limit. Also, note they've only made one post and did not get an activity warning, so, for now, I'm gonna guess he's not lying about that. Town

On the contrary mord, only a single post is still little, with a limit of 5 posts you could easily designate one post per day, mind giving us your thoughts on D4 since you've last posted? Anyways, so far today I see three possible candidates, only two of them good:

- @Celever is an obvious choice because he's had moments in the game that just don't match up with how he normally plays. Contradicting himself, pushing quaking's lynch out of nowhere (which granted is possible, but not the most beneficiary), and the attitude problem I have yet to get over from D1. I also think Celever's flip could give us more accurate reads on @bbninjas and @Haunted Water. He's also been (or tried to be) a leader of the town, and I feel like he's trying to put himself in that position to gain control of the town.
- @bbninjas is the same deal as Celever with the whole leader thing, but his lynch provides less information on other players going into D5.
- @quakingpunch73 could easily be an indie, but this is role speculation, which has absolutely ruined the town in the past. This is the main reason keeping quaking, at least for today, is less damaging than keeping Celever or bb around. He also could very well be town, and even if he is an indie, he seems to be harmless at this point in terms of killing at night. If he's only got 2 shots, he clearly used them both. The least helpful lynch in my opinion.

Another gripe I have right now is I'm remembering when Camo just strolled in last game and took over the town with his gameplay. No one questioned him ever, which made it easy for him to take over the game. bbninjas and Celever have both been big figures in the town since D1, and sure they're being questioned and all, but they're still here. One thing I hate about the town is it always gets taken over by 1 or 2 leaders (at least 1 of which just so happens to be scum). This isn't really anything, but it's a gut feeling of mine right now and it's making me wary of Cel and BB.

K I have to post cos I did the replying to birthdays VMs but imma be upfront: I am not sober and my cognition is limited. I'm also on my phone so I'm not gonna make a massive amazing response to quaking and tbf there's nothing to respond to cos quaking's case is obvious OMGUS considering other people have been scummier.
I hope this is just the alcohol talking because the case is not OMGUS, like at all.

Have a wall:

1. I'm not concerned about meta because I think meta is a poor argument to use as playstyles consistantly evolve and change. But I think that anyone who does not buy quaking's claim (like Celever) is trying to push a lynch on the closest to clear that we have, and I have a problem with that.
This is a flawed argument, but okay. Playstyles don't dramatically change between games.

2. Again, meta. But the best way to push a lynch on an almost cleared townie is to push for them as an indie. Scum hate clears as it makes PoE for determining scum easier.
Let me rephrase: Why would an experienced scum player feel the need to push for a likely town when they could easily push for any other player and presumably kill quaking during the Night? No, this isn't about meta.

3. quaking is all but confirmed town due to the nature of his claim and role, which have so far been uncontested. Flavor supports his claim as well, and, if he was scum, why would he kill Bowser, which he did. Indie claim doesn't make sense either as town would be in LYLO right now if there was another anti-town indie. He has to be town.
What you say about LYLO is false. A LYLO occurs when the scum could reach majority if a mislynch occurs. Assuming two scum:

If quaking is town:
5 town
2 scum
---> there isn't the risk of the scum having majority if a mislynch occurs
---> it isn't LYLO

If quaking is indie:
4 town
2 scum
1 indie
---> there isn't the risk of the scum having majority if a mislynch occurs
---> it isn't LYLO

4. I'm not sure why you think I was rushing that post but okay?
My bad:

Still not a fan of Celever's insistance on quaking not being town. Comes across as desperate. Only scum would be trying to disprove a all-but-confirmed town.

##VOTE: Celever
The half-sentences and incorrect (or abnormal) grammar, such as there being no "I'm" before "still" and no "It" before "comes", is indication that you rushed to complete this post or otherwise completed it quickly. Compare that to your post where you explain your vote here, and even the post very shortly after this quoted post. The way the posts are written are quite different.

5/6. Isn't crumbling usually defined as hinting at your role? I may have the wrong term but the WW Terminology guide doesn't provide any other examples.
I'm not aware of crumbling being a particular terminology, however by definition, crumbling is "breaking down [under pressure]" or "falling apart [under pressure]". If you actually mean bread-crumbing, as in implying or leaving hints about your role/actions in your posts, then what's scummy about that?

7. I provided that phrase as example as to why role spec does nothing, because I'm spouting nonsense that is equivalent to any post saying "Cel is confirmed town because he's mayor".
Fair enough, but I'm referring to this sentence in particular: "Scum Celever has town assuming he's town solely because of his role, which sounds like a smart idea in theory because mayors are traditionally town on PB."

This is just as WIFOMy as anything, because it's speculating that Celever is intentionally trying to deceive the town, and thus he is scum, however this point only works under the assumption that Celever is in fact scum. It's circular reason and something that subtly makes Celever look scummier than he is, which is dodgy at best and a scum ploy at worst.

And now my read on prof has changed. All it took was a better presentation.
What exactly changed about your read and what caused the change? At the moment, it sounds like your read was based on how Prof P wrote out his posts.

On the whole role spec thing, we cant be 100% percent sure anyway unless we have a seer, and it appears the only one we had lies dead, and is a very balanced and seemingly broken role. However, the fact that nobody has counterclaimed leads me to believe that quaking is telling the truth.
The seer died??

Also, I came across scattered mind's Philanthropist Ability when I was checking all the deaths:
Active Ability: Philanthropist
Although you are a cold-hearted gambler on the outside, you are secretly a wealthy philanthropist. In fact, you gave away stars for free in Mario Party 8! You don’t have any stars to give away, but you can give away plenty of coins to anyone who impresses you. Once a night, you must PM the hosts Gift: [Player]. You will give that player 10 coins. If a member of Bowser’s Minions was hammered the last day, you must chose a player who voted for them at the end of that day. If a Mushroom Kingdom resident was hammered the last day, you may not chose any players who voted for them at the end of that day.
No Action Bonus: N/A
That's probably what you used on me and explains why my coin count jumped dramatically.

@Lord o da rings, I'm not quoting because tired and don't feel like it, but I view somebody who has wasted their hostile abilities and doesn't not share a wincon with the town but isnt scum to be non-threatening,
Questions:
1. Why do you think that quaking, if indie, would definitely be telling the truth about his role and thus have no "hostile Abilities" remaining?
2. Why do you think that quaking, if indie, doesn't not (i.e. does) share a wincon with the town?

@Haunted Water - I am confident he's not scum. Only if Celever flips scum do we need to look into him. Town
Why are you confident HW is not scum, especially because you were reading him neutral not long ago?

@Celever - Quaking and Prof bring up good points and holes in what he's been saying, but I'm gonna refrain from voting because he'd be at L-1. Scum
Do you have anything to add to the case?

@bbninjas - I've said it twice before, but again Epist dying after pushing him is shady, but there's not much else indicating anything at all. Neutral/Scum Leaning
You've said this twice before and haven't changed your read on me at all?

@Professor Palutena - Said more since I last read him and I like what he's said. Town
How is liking what they say === being town?

- @Celever is an obvious choice because he's had moments in the game that just don't match up with how he normally plays. Contradicting himself, pushing quaking's lynch out of nowhere (which granted is possible, but not the most beneficiary), and the attitude problem I have yet to get over from D1. I also think Celever's flip could give us more accurate reads on @bbninjas and @Haunted Water. He's also been (or tried to be) a leader of the town, and I feel like he's trying to put himself in that position to gain control of the town.
1. Which push of Celever's are you referring to? Before or after this past night?
2. How is Celever's push on the quaking lynch "out of nowhere", especially if you're referring to his push this day?
3. What was the attitude problem?
4. Why is trying to be a leader of the town (which I don't think he has) scummy?

- @bbninjas is the same deal as Celever with the whole leader thing, but his lynch provides less information on other players going into D5.
Again, where I have been trying to lead and why is leading scummy?

Another gripe I have right now is I'm remembering when Camo just strolled in last game and took over the town with his gameplay. No one questioned him ever, which made it easy for him to take over the game.
The issue here was not Camo, but rather the town who decided to sheep behind him. That's why the town should always be thinking about the cases present and making their own decisions based off the evidence, actively participating in the discussion and scumhunting themselves. If the town did this in the previous game, Camo wouldn't have taken over the town.

Questions:
1. Why do you think that quaking, if indie, would definitely be telling the truth about his role and thus have no "hostile Abilities" remaining?
2. Why do you think that quaking, if indie, doesn't not (i.e. does) share a wincon with the town?
1. If he's lying, he put himself into a corner that makes it so if he used a hostile ability, we would know.
2. I'm not sure, but it's pretty convenient that our only known Town seer in this game is dead.

None of this incriminates him; only if he messes up will it.

1. If he's lying, he put himself into a corner that makes it so if he used a hostile ability, we would know.
2. I'm not sure, but it's pretty convenient that our only known Town seer in this game is dead.

None of this incriminates him; only if he messes up will it.

On that note, I don't remember a seer dying. Who was it?

Epist's role:
Superstar Ability: Rodeo Master
In Mario Party e, you had the signature game Daisy’s Rodeo, where players must quickly push buttons to avoid being thrown off by a Bowser Bull. This game, however, is practically impossible for any normal human. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Rodeo: [Player]. That player will attempt the ride the chomp. If they are a human, they will fail. If they are not a human, they will succeed 50% of the time. If they are Bowser, they will succeed no matter what.

Not quite a seer role, but it still gives info regarding the target's role, so I consider it a seer.

Also, how would scattered mind's ability hit me or bb? He's been dead for three days almost.

Daily Vote Count
Celever (2): Professor Palutena (592-), quakingpunch73 (603-)
quakingpunch73 (2): Celever (580-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, lord o da rings, bbninjas, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

Players who need to post more:
@mordacazir @quakingpunch73 @Celever

You have two days left. Start deciding.

For when you next post; what's this metashift?
Day 1 when he was playing really agressively.
@mordacazir: also has been lying low and did a really in-depth analysis of rainy, maybe because he knew he was town and was trying to push lynch... idk. Neutral
When was I actually lying low?
Honestly it's a toss up between mordacazir and lord. But may I ask you something? What is Philanthropist? Is that one of your abilities? I targeted you with a roleblock ability but apparently somebody (I'm presuming you) had an ability used on me or passive that triggered and I used something called Philanthropist, which I don't know what that is or what it does because it's not in my role.
I actually think lorde is the most towny person here.
He dodged a sub on Day 2 and has contributing bare minimum, I feel.
I've made ~10 posts every day? Do you call that contributing bare minimum?
Morda can only post 5 times daily, he said this earlier today.
I hope It's only for today, but NP just said I may only post 5 times today.
Another gripe I have right now is I'm remembering when Camo just strolled in last game and took over the town with his gameplay. No one questioned him ever, which made it easy for him to take over the game. bbninjas and Celever have both been big figures in the town since D1, and sure they're being questioned and all, but they're still here. One thing I hate about the town is it always gets taken over by 1 or 2 leaders (at least 1 of which just so happens to be scum). This isn't really anything, but it's a gut feeling of mine right now and it's making me wary of Cel and BB.
I have the same gut feeling about Cel and BB, but BB more.

mord, quality not quantity matters. If I make 400 fluff posts I ain't contributing a thing.

NP, I know this is a difference in hosting styles, but you can't put a timer and be like "y'all should've decided 48 hours before dl". If we should've decided by then, put the dl there.

I'm checking the OP. I have no amazing scumreads. Gut says Prof.

mord, quality not quantity matters. If I make 400 fluff posts I ain't contributing a thing.

NP, I know this is a difference in hosting styles, but you can't put a timer and be like "y'all should've decided 48 hours before dl". If we should've decided by then, put the dl there.

I'm checking the OP. I have no amazing scumreads. Gut says Prof.
So, you're not going to comment on my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back