Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't vote for jesi right now because she is at 4 right now and it would only take 1 for a hammer.
It really isn't since scum should already know this if Drac told them, so...

Drac and TSM were in a QT together. I'd assume Drac put some suspicion on TSM early on since he knew he was a safe lynch to go with because of his inactivity and because he wasn't scum. However, he must have realized it would be really scummy if he had to reveal that he pushed a lynch his QT buddy, so he backpedaled and tried to defend TSM instead. This should clear things up between the two of them. The QT doesn't really discuss anything, since TSM was wary of Drac from the start.
Did TSM also kill peach then?

Yes I might've been a little hasty to claim, however, when I said that i was thinking about the past day, and I didn't even notice I had only 1 vote on me. I thought I had like 3 at the time
If you thought you had that many votes, you're both not reading very well and are a bit anxious about getting lynched. Town shouldn't be anxious about getting lynched.

Who do you think is scum? You popped in to give this response, but that's all; even though a bunch of other stuff happened since your last post, here.

Okay. We have less than 36 hours left in the day, and at this point I think it's safe to say Jesi (and probably Epist) are gonna be modkilled by the end of the day. Unless they make a reappearance I'm not gonna worry about them because it's just time poorly spent.

This leaves rainy as my only progressive scum read. So ##VOTE: rainyman123
Uh, sorry? There's absolutely no reason why either Jesi or Epist couldn't reach the required post minimum within 36 hours. TSM managed to slip by, after all.

Ngl, I would feel much better putting a wagon on Jesi/Epist (who would be modkilled) than push one for rainy. 3 kills is a lot and if all three are town, town is going to struggle to make a numbers comeback from this. Even reducing it to two kills (1 lynch and 1 modkill) puts town in a better position.

##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

I know a lot of us have minor scum reads on Jesi, which is why I would prefer this over Epist.
You should definitely know by now that hedging your bets on inactivity modkills never works, and that both players could have reached the required post minimum within the time remaining, and probably quite easily. Your stance here is very odd.

If people are voting for Jesi pretty much because she might get modkilled, we really don't get that much information from her lynch, if she flips town. On that note, I am finding a scum flip more and more unlikely, such as with this self-vote from Jesi, which is entirely against her own wincon, if she's actually scum. We don't even know if there's someone out there who could take Jesi's place.

Daily Vote Count
Celever (0): PikaMasterJesi (454-538)
rainyman123 (2): Celever (461-481), Haunted Water (469-), quakingpunch73 (490-), lord o da rings (533-539)
@PikaMasterJesi (4): Professor Palutena (536-), Epist (537-), PikaMasterJesi (538-), lord o da rings (539-)
bbninjas (0): Professor Palutena (456-536)
quakingpunch73 (2): Celever (481-), bbninjas (522-531)
Haunted Water (1): Epist (441-537), lord o da rings (467-483), rainyman123 (489-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, lord o da rings, Epist, mordacazir)

You have one day left. It's time to finalize your decision.

Player who needs to increase their activity:

@Epist

Jesi has requested to be subbed out. If we find a sub, she'll be subbed out ASAP. For now, she may continue playing.

That said, FoS on Epist for randomly showing up once we start talking modkills.

It wasn't random, it was life. I am trying to stay as active as I can but sometimes on the weekends it is hard (not an excuse, just reality)

That's smart. Once I remembered that there're only 10 players, take out 3 in a day plus nightkill leaves only 6 players left. That would probably be the town's downfall.
##UNVOTE: rainyman123 ##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

Now if Epist stays active (and posts more throughout today) we have nothing to worry about, in terms of a modkill.

We need more votes to make this happen; anyone holding out is under suspicion for wanting a mass kill to occur and swing the game heavily in the scum's favor.

Sorry I haven't been online a lot lately, but I've already started testing for worlds so that costs a lot of free time.
We need more votes to make this happen; anyone holding out is under suspicion for wanting a mass kill to occur and swing the game heavily in the scum's favor.
You say this even when this has been said? |
v
Jesi has requested to be subbed out. If we find a sub, she'll be subbed out ASAP. For now, she may continue playing
Does this mean she won't be modkilled?
He killed Bowser, who had Peach as a safeclaim.
Okay

On that note, I am finding a scum flip more and more unlikely, such as with this self-vote from Jesi, which is entirely against her own wincon, if she's actually scum. We don't even know if there's someone out there who could take Jesi's place.
WanderingWolf self-voted in a game that I was part of on a different forum. He flipped scum.

Just something to think of.

On that note, I'm about 90% sure that there are no more than three scum left, but I want to say there is two as scum typically are more OP in role madness games. This leads me to believe a more town heavy ratio could be true to balance this out.

Sorry I haven't been online a lot lately, but I've already started testing for worlds so that costs a lot of free time.

You say this even when this has been said? |
v
Okay

It has been said, but I am reinforcing it as we are still not where we need to be as far as the votes go.

WanderingWolf self-voted in a game that I was part of on a different forum. He flipped scum.

Just something to think of.

I am not reading too much into the self-vote; I think it was more of a move to help reach the required vote count, not a clear indication of Jesi being town.

Does this mean she won't be modkilled?
Unfortunately, Celever was right in that modkills drastically throw off game balance. If I modkilled someone right now, I'd be killing 10% of the alive players. If that player is one of Bowser's Minions, it drastically hurts the entire team. If that player is a Mushroom Kingdom resident, if changes when MYLO/LYLO occurs. If that player is an indie, it completely removes a wincon from the game. No matter what, it will hurt a faction too much if I modkill a member of it. Subbing out a player, however, is just fine, which is why we're looking for subs.

quaking can still be scum despite claiming Mario. I'm sure scum have been given safeclaims (as per the norm in every game on this site in the last 2 years) and I see no reason why Mario can't be one of them.

Well, Peach was a safeclaim for Bowser, and honestly I'd feel a little spooked if the player with the Mario safeclaim went and killed bowser? Otherwise, at least what I'm thinking, you'd see 2 Marios. :0 we might have Clone Mario or Cosmic Mario

Well, Peach was a safeclaim for Bowser, and honestly I'd feel a little spooked if the player with the Mario safeclaim went and killed bowser? Otherwise, at least what I'm thinking, you'd see 2 Marios. :0 we might have Clone Mario or Cosmic Mario
Who says the flavour is directly congruent with the happenings of the game?

No one, tho I don't think NP and Blakers would make all the good Mario characters just safeclaims.

No one, tho I don't think NP and Blakers would make all the good Mario characters just safeclaims.
That's very flawed logic. We should treat every Mario character with exactly the same amount of suspicion surrounding whether they are a safeclaim or not.

I understand but me personally I wouldn't like it if all the main characters Like peach Mario Luigi and such are just safeclaims.

quaking can still be scum despite claiming Mario. I'm sure scum have been given safeclaims (as per the norm in every game on this site in the last 2 years) and I see no reason why Mario can't be one of them.
I killed the scum leader night one and I was in a QT with Bowser that is separate from the main chat, which would be very redundant.

So... we're not trying to avoid the lottery? K. Jesi's even helping you get rid of her, and getting rid of her is the only way to avoid the lotto at this point. 2 more votes would do it. We've got what, a bit less than 9 hours left? Come on, guys.

I understand but me personally I wouldn't like it if all the main characters Like peach Mario Luigi and such are just safeclaims.
Most baseless, as well as the most pointless thing I've seen all game. Any person can have any safeclaim. A role claim shouldn't be deemed scummy or not based on the character, it should be based on how the role functions, and whether it would be more favorable to town or scum.
It's only flawed because quaking is your scum read.
Only it is flawed. Based on whether you have a major character (Mario, Luigi, etc.) over the minor ones (Goomba, Tumble, etc.) shouldn't be an influence on whether your role is or is not a safe claim. Something like that is a terrible basis for scum hunting and doing so will easily result in a scum win.

This is a strange interaction. FoS on Prof for the completely random defense of rainy's statement. You're a veteran player, this isn't something I'd expect from you. I'm gonna check something from earlier during the night phase relating to this.

For now though, I need to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow, and I'll see how these final hours play out in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back