Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, Night 2 got completely skipped. Did not see that coming.

I think the lynch on Mirdo was stupid, combined with the fact that HW had "evidence" that made him town but didn't reveal it, and I don't believe has even now.

For the record, I was writing this post before I got tagged. That just reminded me to finish the post.

The state of calm was probably because he got silenced and had time to calm down. He thinks he would have run under the radar, but that's wrong...

##Vote: Celever

You're still one of my biggest scumreads, though HW's up there now because of his Mirdo shenanigans.
@PikaMasterJesi you haven't weighed in since this. It's 3-4 pages back, on Friday (and I know you've been online), and it's your only post in D3. Opinions on the game since then? You've flown under the radar again, and you need to say something. I'm tired of you doing this, and I think everyone else is as well. I have a question for you, how do you feel about this:
BTW, I think anyone who votes celever should be questioned intensely.
You of all people should be worried about this stance, more than anyone else. So tell me, what do you think about it? How do you respond?

Post #469
And since we're talking about aggressiveness here, ##FLEX: rainyman123
Post #489
##VOTE: Haunted Water
just seems a little more frantic today than D1 or D2, which is scummy to me.
The very first thing he does since Haunted voted for him. Noted.
If a claim could help I'm willing to claim.
Being ready to claim with like, 1 vote on him? What?

Have an ISO on GM Drac.

GM Drac made a couple of comments early on regarding the lack of posts/information earlier game, or how it might be lurking - here and here. This doesn't really give much information regarding anyone's alignment, but is interesting to note.

GM Drac had a number of interactions with scattered, Celever and myself. I'm a little hesitant with the implications of these, but if anyone's interested, here are the parts of quotes with the interactions, and some commentary:
Neither does this post
Quoting SM here and sorta putting suspicion on him...
At this moment i dont really agreeing with celever on sm being scum.
...which is funny because he later read SM as town.
TSM was almost non-existence right after Cypher it hard to really comment about him. But for now I'm still more suspicious of simsands. Unless simsands can give me a better reason vote someone else.
This is a response to SM and is why it's here, but I comment on the contents more later on in this post.
Wow, yous guys sure post alot in the few hours i selpt. If camo is in play, celever blocks of post would have been the usual C vs C post.
A bit random, but probably doesn't mean all too much; I think it's more Drac just commenting on the amount of posts there is and is just using Celever and Camo as a comparison.
Here Drac directly mentioned that he didn't agree with Celever. I'm not sure how/if this is telling for Celever's alignment, as it would depend on whether Drac normally does that to scum. I can't remember myself, but I personally don't think he would.

Celever is right.
The context should be noted here, when Drac agrees with Celever, it is probably regarding how Celever said "GM Drac put the stress on the how." as a response to Jesi. It is also interesting, but probably trivial, that Drac agrees with Celever's 'defence' of him, but didn't agree with Celever's read on scattered.

From the way i see it, ##Vote : simsands
At the moment i think you just trying hard to eliminate Celever one of the biggest contributor.picking him out of all people seems irrasional. Since there are no substantial evidence that really put celever as scum
This is interesting, as Drac's vote seemed to have come mostly from how simsands put a poor case on Celever rather than simsands actually being scummy, which isn't a particularly strong vote, if not a bit OMGUSy. It does make scumbuddying between Celever and GM Drac plausible.
##Vote: bbninjas

I promised myself before opening the thread to vote for the person who posted before me, hence
Simple RVS.

Other then the normal day 1 chitchat theres nothing to bring to the table at the moment sinc ethings heat up after the first lynch.. regardless i like to wait for the missing player to pop themselves
Responding to me pressuring him.

Of course, Drac was the first vote on the simsands wagon, which I ended up pushing, which has its obvious implications. I'd like to point out that while Drac's vote is more OMGUSy inclined, mine was based on scumtells I had on simsands.

GM Drac also had some stuff to say regarding mirdo, Jesi and Cypher/HW, which can be seen in the posts below. They were generally a bit vague, however, so I don't think there's much to go off them. Rather, what is most interesting is Drac's relationship with TSM/quaking. In fact, I reckon they are likely scumbuddies.

I was going to suggest we remove either Cypher or TSM on day 1 since they are barely here but after thinking back, both of them are gateway for the sub to come in..

##UNVOTE :

##VOTE : PikaMasterJesi

you shouldn't be left out without being voted at least once in day 1.
Drac first brings up a potential Cypher or TSM lynch due to their inactivity, however says that they might be subbed out and implies that the lynch could be a waste of time. Suggesting a potential lynch and then defending it is definitely counterproductive and odd.

Wow, yous guys sure post alot in the few hours i selpt. If camo is in play, celever blocks of post would have been the usual C vs C post.

However im curious on mirdo's read that he posted earlier. How do you read tsm which only have 1 post as far as i remember.

##unvote
A lot had happened since Drac's last post, and in the context of this post, discussion was focused somewhat around Celever. So what's with this seemingly out-of-nowhere question from Drac to mirdo, about his thoughts on TSM?

Celever is right.

Plus being online and not posting doesn't really warrant for being scummish since TSM did get a warning to increase his activity.
The not posting might be regard as being less caring of the game.

It is not like the last time when someone were away without being warned and resulted in my NK and no one even cared to investigate it
In his next post, Drac is more or less defending TSM. This is an interesting shift from his post earlier that said a TSM lynch could work. The thing is, Drac still seems to remain impartial - he's not saying that TSM is not scummy, but rather inactivity doesn't automatically make him scummy.

TSM was almost non-existence right after Cypher it hard to really comment about him. But for now I'm still more suspicious of simsands. Unless simsands can give me a better reason vote someone else.
Here Drac also remains pretty impartial, saying he is too inactive to comment on. However, TSM had actually made at least three posts with enough substance in them to be analysed, yet Drac continues to go with the simsands lynch. Drac basically dismisses the idea of a TSM lynch, and what makes this even more interesting is that he sorta suggested it in the first place.

This inconsistency and impartiality is a scumbuddy tell. I think that Drac was trying to put a bit of shade on his scumbuddy, TSM, but when people started to seriously consider it, Drac defended TSM although still remained impartial, as to not attach himself to the lynch.

I had actually been reading TSM/quaking scummy already; as TSM never really contributed and didn't post despite being active elsewhere whereas for quaking, he hasn't been as aggressive as is normal for him, and has been flying under my radar, which is most unlike him and is a bad sign. Celever brought up a good point about quaking's posts seeming drafted, here, too. ##VOTE: quakingpunch73

This inconsistency and impartiality is a scumbuddy tell. I think that Drac was trying to put a bit of shade on his scumbuddy, TSM, but when people started to seriously consider it, Drac defended TSM although still remained impartial, as to not attach himself to the lynch.
I can explain Drac's behavior and why we're not scumbuddies, but it would require a partial claim. Is it too early in the day to do so?

I can explain Drac's behavior and why we're not scumbuddies, but it would require a partial claim. Is it too early in the day to do so?
Depends on whether it actually explains things and isn't detrimental to reveal (if you're actually town).

Depends on whether it actually explains things and isn't detrimental to reveal (if you're actually town).
It really isn't since scum should already know this if Drac told them, so...
Passive Ability: Toad Communication
After you’ve saved Peach from Bowser multiple times, you and Princess Peach have an unbreakable bond. When you split up to find the Dazzling Star, you were sure to both bring your mushroom-shaped communication devices. Now, you can speak to Peach (or the person with Peach as a safeclaim) in this QT: [Snip]
Drac and TSM were in a QT together. I'd assume Drac put some suspicion on TSM early on since he knew he was a safe lynch to go with because of his inactivity and because he wasn't scum. However, he must have realized it would be really scummy if he had to reveal that he pushed a lynch his QT buddy, so he backpedaled and tried to defend TSM instead. This should clear things up between the two of them. The QT doesn't really discuss anything, since TSM was wary of Drac from the start.

Daily Vote Count
Celever (1): PikaMasterJesi (454-)
rainyman123 (2): Celever (461-481), Haunted Water (469-), quakingpunch73 (490-)
bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (456-)
@quakingpunch73 (3): Celever (481-), bbninjas (522-)
Haunted Water (2): Epist (441-), lord o da rings (467-483), rainyman123 (489-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Professor Palutena, PikaMasterJesi, lord o da rings, Epist, mordacazir)

Players who need to increase their activity:
@Epist @PikaMasterJesi

Only two days remain! Be sure to start deciding.

Drac and TSM were in a QT together. I'd assume Drac put some suspicion on TSM early on since he knew he was a safe lynch to go with because of his inactivity and because he wasn't scum. However, he must have realized it would be really scummy if he had to reveal that he pushed a lynch his QT buddy, so he backpedaled and tried to defend TSM instead. This should clear things up between the two of them. The QT doesn't really discuss anything, since TSM was wary of Drac from the start.
So you're saying you're Mario? Oddly enough, I buy it for now.

Reads for now, since I might reread later:
Town:
@Lord o da rings - She's been active and contributory, albeit agressive
@mordacazir - Even though he hasn't been the most active, he's been contributory, more so than when he is scum
@bbninjas - He's been perfectly fine and actively scum hunting
@quakingpunch73 - It's a me! Mario!
Neutral:
@Haunted Water - I found his "sufficient evidence" yesterday odd, but he's seemed to rebound today and been more townier
@Epist - I don't remember much of him, except that he was against Haunted yesterday
@Celever - It's hard to get a read from him, since he was silenced for the entirety of Day 2 and hasn't been very active today
@Professor Palutena - He just subbed in today and hasn't posted much, so its been hard to read him
Scum:
@rainyman123- Dodged questions and AtE'd hard today, as well as being unusually inactive
@PikaMasterJesi- As inactive as always during today, which is insanely OoC for her specifically

Yeah, that explains things. ##UNVOTE: quaking

If a claim could help I'm willing to claim.
Being ready to claim with like, 1 vote on him? What?
I noticed this before, but it didn't really click that rainy said this with just a single vote on him. Scum tend to be eager to claim if they have a believable safe claim so that they can get everyone off their back easily. Some town might feel the same way, but generally they are a bit more hesitant as to not give away information to the scum. The thing about rainy is that he tends to be very scummy as both alignments, which makes it hard to accurately read. A lot of the stuff he's been doing (scummy arguements//active lurking) are stuff that aren't particularly abnormal for him to do as town. However, the fact that rainy was considering claiming so soon shows that he isn't particularly hesitent.

Yes I might've been a little hasty to claim, however, when I said that i was thinking about the past day, and I didn't even notice I had only 1 vote on me. I thought I had like 3 at the time

Okay. We have less than 36 hours left in the day, and at this point I think it's safe to say Jesi (and probably Epist) are gonna be modkilled by the end of the day. Unless they make a reappearance I'm not gonna worry about them because it's just time poorly spent.

This leaves rainy as my only progressive scum read. So ##VOTE: rainyman123

Ngl, I would feel much better putting a wagon on Jesi/Epist (who would be modkilled) than push one for rainy. 3 kills is a lot and if all three are town, town is going to struggle to make a numbers comeback from this. Even reducing it to two kills (1 lynch and 1 modkill) puts town in a better position.

##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

I know a lot of us have minor scum reads on Jesi, which is why I would prefer this over Epist.

Ngl, I would feel much better putting a wagon on Jesi/Epist (who would be modkilled) than push one for rainy. 3 kills is a lot and if all three are town, town is going to struggle to make a numbers comeback from this. Even reducing it to two kills (1 lynch and 1 modkill) puts town in a better position.

I know a lot of us have minor scum reads on Jesi, which is why I would prefer this over Epist.

Concur, I plan to do my best to not get modkilled, sorry had quite the busy weekend.

Jesi is definitely in the most obvious scum position.

##UNVOTE: Haunted Water

Oh, uh, I was gonna sub out, but this works too. I'll just make things easier for you here~

##Unvote
##Vote: PikaMasterJesi

That's smart. Once I remembered that there're only 10 players, take out 3 in a day plus nightkill leaves only 6 players left. That would probably be the town's downfall.
##UNVOTE: rainyman123 ##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

Concur, I plan to do my best to not get modkilled, sorry had quite the busy weekend.
Now if Epist stays active (and posts more throughout today) we have nothing to worry about, in terms of a modkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back