Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going After Sim in that case meant that scattered was asking "who should we lynch" and i was like "Sure lets bandwaggon on Sim."
Which wasnt thaaaat clever in hindsight. But i still dont Think it was a Bad Lynch.
Yes i die agree with BB and Draclord. But only After they Made the case. Meaning i just Pretty much Jumped on board. So if you wanna go After that logic go Lynch bb instead.
This is sooooooooooooooo dumb, bandwagoning is the absolute stupidest thing you could do on Day 1 unless you are doing it because it was necessary, or it was . You were not, and that makes you look scummy. No one's attacking the logic behind the simsands case, which granted I didn't like, what people are upset about is that you said you pushed a lynch, then it turns out you just bandwagoned and now you're backpedaling. All of this is scummy.
Yes. Ofcourse its a scumtell. But Why Would i mention it that i bandwaggoned if i was scum?
That makes no sense what so ever.
You only admitted to bandwagoning when you were called out for it, when you said you were pushing a lynch.

Not putting a vote on @mirdo right now since there's already 3 there.

Also we Need to paddle back for a Minute. Even if he flipped Town. Sim was probably One of the better possible lynches for day 1.
So i dont Know Why you throw Shade at me for that just because i thought that that Would be a reasonable thing to do.

Except he did flip, and every townie is important. He may have looked scummy but D1 lynchs are terrible.

I'm still not really sure about BB, but I think mirdo is a good lynch today as it will provide a lot of information wether he flips scum or not. So, ##VOTE: Mirdo

I have no such reservations regarding BB; he was forced to act against Scattered and a townie was lynched; I have a hard time believing that to be coincidence. He also lead the charge against Celever and then flipped to simsands, and his cohorts followed suit. I am not sold on Mirdo as scum yet, but I am on BB.

##VOTE: bbninjas

Wooooah Hey. Calm down.
You guys wanna Lynch me now Not because i am scummy but because i Made a misstake in my wording?

Going After Sim in that case meant that scattered was asking "who should we lynch" and i was like "Sure lets bandwaggon on Sim."
Which wasnt thaaaat clever in hindsight. But i still dont Think it was a Bad Lynch.
Yes i die agree with BB and Draclord. But only After they Made the case. Meaning i just Pretty much Jumped on board. So if you wanna go After that logic go Lynch bb instead.
It would be a real convenient mistake, to say the least. And I went to sleep to beeing pretty sure that celevr would be lynched, but no. In like 8 hours Simsands was lynched. With 1 vote from GM draclord who was scum. It could be possible that another scum voted on Simsands. Also, where are you bb? I haven't seen you since day 2 has started. Same for TSM and PikaMasterJesi. What do you think about mirdo? @bbninjas @PikaMasterJesi @TheSceptileMaster

Sorry I haven't been around! I was on a camping retreat over the weekend, and didn't realise that there was going to be barely any signal. I'm home now, but just popping in admist a ton of school work. >.>

Its possible to be anon in a qt. We had a problem in my game way back with someone making a fake one to get rid of a scumtell.
I think that was me. n.n'' The rule hasn't changed since then.

From now on, you must be making at least 8 posts per game day. That is an average of one post per 12 hours. That being said, those posts can't be oneliners. We will still be monitoring what you say, to prevent quadruple posts to dodge the modkill.
Forcing considerably high post requirements is how you get a lot of people modkilled and screw with your game. If people think that the goal is too high, they just won't bother, so consider that. :p

@bbninjas and @mirdo : this is interesting. Because both he and me we're pushing tue Simsands Lynch. Both of us are One of tue More active people and both also were against Scattered. Which is really intresting. I Feel like this could be a Ploy to have a Way to push a Lynch against One of us. Or bb tries to get One against me going.
-Mirdo: Since when did you push the Simsands lynch. I can't find any post that pushes simsands lynch. Why are you lying about pushing the lynch?
##vote @mirdo
mirdo has consistently said things that new scum don't say. I still stand by my point here. Even now, scum will rarely claim responsibility for a mislynch when their influence was minimal, since all they're doing is drawing the spotlight to themselves, yet mirdo did just that in the bolded. He was also the first person to actually start scumhunting, while everyone else just speculated about roles and silences.

There is one thing that is making me rethink my read, and that will depend on this:
@mirdo What does it mean to bandwagon?

No no no, stop. You were not one of the most active people. Those would be scattered, bb, Jesi, and Cel.
Why do you say that Jesi is active? I agree with what morda said; Jesi hasn't been contributing all too much from what I've seen.

In my regards, bbninjas falls under some suspicion. He's trying to lead the town and I have seen no evidence behind him actually being confirmed town. Im not ruling out possible town, but he could easily be a wolf in sheeps clothing.
I have no such reservations regarding BB; he was forced to act against Scattered and a townie was lynched; I have a hard time believing that to be coincidence. He also lead the charge against Celever and then flipped to simsands, and his cohorts followed suit. I am not sold on Mirdo as scum yet, but I am on BB.

##VOTE: bbninjas
In it's core, you both are finding me suspicious for playing the game. Haunted, I might appear to lead the town because I tend to be quite active in giving my thoughts and I'm one of the people who put the most effort into scumhunting. If a town chooses to blindly sheep behind the scumhunt of another player, that is the issue of the town, not the issue of the player.

Epist, why does me pushing for a player who flipped town make me scummy? I thought that simsands was scummy and so I went with my reads, and I turned out to be wrong. Any alignment can be wrong - one just knows that they're going to be wrong. I'm not exactly sure what you're meaning by 'act against Scattered', since the main two wagons ended up being Celever and simsands, and don't get why you think I was forced to do whatever 'acting against' is. I also didn't lead the charge against Celever.

Except he did flip, and every townie is important. He may have looked scummy but D1 lynchs are terrible.
What is your point? Both mirdo and I thought that simsands was the best lynch, and so we both voted for them. Why is that an issue?

I want to hear more about your reasoning, and I would like to hear from @bbninjas about his reasons for his vote as well.
The reason for my vote is all throughout the latter part of Day 1, such as in the case I posted is here. I thought simsands was scummy and the best lynch for reasons stated in that case, and I'm simpl

The one with his reads list said the active players were scum and everyone else was townie, and then later said that cypher's in a weird list. So I'm curious as to why he didn't just say he was unsure. But in general his posts just seem a bit more empty than usual.
I agree with this read, and the "emptiness" is probably the best description for it. TSM disappears, and when he posts, it's never anything that contributes in particular from memory. At least until I look back at a few player's posts, ##VOTE: TSM.

I'm also reading morda town because he's trying to scumhunt and is making sense, which is definitely a welcome improvement from how I believe he used to play. Scum morda could quite easily be less active, scumhunt less and the like, and noone would find it abnormal. rainy has also improved since Day 1 for similar reasons; he's not lurking like he did as scum a couple of games back.

I would like to get around to ISOing GM Drac and TSM, but I'm probably being optimistic.

This is sooooooooooooooo dumb, bandwagoning is the absolute stupidest thing you could do on Day 1 unless you are doing it because it was necessary, or it was . You were not, and that makes you look scummy. No one's attacking the logic behind the simsands case, which granted I didn't like, what people are upset about is that you said you pushed a lynch, then it turns out you just bandwagoned and now you're backpedaling. All of this is scummy.
Read the bold. That's like, really aggressive. Why are you getting so worked up about it?

Daily Vote Count
@mirdo (3): mordacazir (349-), rainyman123 (354-), Haunted Water (359-)
bbninjas (1): Epist (363-)
quakingpunch73 (1): bbninjas (365-)
Not Receiving Votes: (Celever, rainyman123, Double o Squirtle, PikaMasterJesi, lord o da rings, Epist, mordacazir, Haunted Water)

The Day has been extended to 5 IRL days, as that is the site norm. It will end on Thursday, June 1 at 8:00 AM EST. You can find the countdown here. The 8 post requirement, however, has not changed.
@TheSceptileMaster has been subbed in for @quakingpunch73. Quaking, please like this post to confirm your role.

Players who need to increase their activity or risk modkill (based on the 8 post rule; most of you would still probably get saved because your posts are long):
@bbninjas @double o squirtle @PikaMasterJesi @Epist

I agree with this read, and the "emptiness" is probably the best description for it. TSM disappears, and when he posts, it's never anything that contributes in particular from memory. At least until I look back at a few player's posts, ##VOTE: TSM.
Not excatly solid evidence that mirdo and BB are scum team but the fact he's voting on TSM stands out to me. He also defended mirdo, which isn't scummy, but that also stands out to me.

o/

Welcome guys! Personally, the simsands lynch was fine for Day 1. It's given us some discussion going into day 2, mainly about bb, who led the lynch, and mirdo. I do think the case against simsands was legitimate because of the case bb brought up, and the fact that simsands has extremely similar town and scum metas, so much so that the town still thought that he was town even after a lie detector revealed he was scum in Grima's Rebirth. On mirdo, I think his wording was off because of English being his second language, and I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about bb.

On the topic of who I think is scummy, it's Jesi for me. I've compiled all of her posts here:
Hiya everyone! It's good to be back in the game and hopefully not killed Day 1 for some stupid reason like last time.

Umm... I'm not really sure what to do at the moment. I think I'll just place a vote on someone by random.

##Vote: GM DracLord

If I go inactive, it'll be for one of two reasons: Either school will start eating up my time, or I'll end up panicking over what to say and spend half an hour trying to figure out how to do it. Please forgive me if either happens; just warning you guys in advance so you know. >_<"

I can see how he'd misinterpret your message. However, I just looked through the whole thread again to double-check and TSM hadn't been voted for before LC's vote, so I don't see how it's necessarily a bandwagon.

Alright, now I see what you mean. I think it was just a rookie mistake, as I don't think LC has played in many forum Mafia games. However, I see him a lot in the Discord Mafia games, so I think he should know better.

It is? I don't understand why; could you clarify?

Oop, just noticed why my post might've been scummy. I contradicted myself. >_<"
I also meant to send that at like 1:00 am but I guess I got too distracted/tired to do so.

I'm still a little confused as to why TSM hasn't posted yet, considering I've seen him somewhat frequently on Discord. @TheSceptileMaster, what is your reasoning for not posting, and what do you think about the evidence against myself and LC?

I'm gonna be out all day at a Smash tournament, so if you need to get me to say anything here, just leave stuff for me to respond to and I'll get back to it ASAP.

Are you kidding me?
I did that to specify between the two different types of Mafia, as if I were speaking it in real life. I personally see nothing wrong with that, though I can understand how it'd be misinterpreted.

This doesn't answer my questions. :/
Also, about vote weights, Celever can easily hammer someone if need be, since the majority is 8 and his vote fills just over a quarter of that. In other words, it might be an issue later, but I don't see any reason to worry about it now.

I mentioned right below that sentence that I'd meant to post it at somewhere around 1:00 am.

Why do you keep bringing this up? We get it; your lynch last game was apparently really stupid. People will remember that after one mention; you don't need to bring it up over and over again. Kinda ironic from me because I'm bad for repeating myself but you get the idea

I'm suspicious of TSM more than anyone right now, since he has been around in the Discord parts of PB but yet ignoring this game.

##Unvote
##Vote: TheSceptileMaster
I'm not removing my vote until you answer my questions:

When'd I disappear? I'd like to argue against this, because my activity has actually been a lot better than in the last couple games I've played. Even if I did disappear (which I can't remember doing), the only time I could see that logically being between is the last couple hours, which I was sleeping for.

NP and Blakers why can't you allow me to like posts

Well, I assume you want an explanation, no? So I gave you one.

Then you should probably spend a little bit more time reading. I don't think you can simply "miss" the top of a page without not reading closely enough. :x

But you were scum last game...? You subbed in for me, and I was scum.

This is reading to me as some form of AtE.

Just because he wasn't around at the time doesn't mean he hasn't read up. You bring up a fair point, but I'm willing to believe in the benefit of the doubt.

Oh boy, here comes the Camoposting
You could condense this all into one post, maybe? I see no reason to split it up unless you had things you wanted to add but just didn't do it the first time around.

It's not out of character outside Mafia, but I find it a bit strange here. There's no reason that he needs to be like this and I feel like he's trying to shade us/guilt trip us, but I don't know. He's just really aggressive, and for no justifiable reason that I can see.

I don't think this directly answers the question of "Why the Camo play style?"

I've seen it mentioned before that this sort of behaviour––tagging others for inactivity/lurking––is sort of scummy and bad, the example of this I remember being on TGK in PMJ's TCG game. Why are you doing this now?

Well, you got what you wished for. :U

I don't think I ever hinted at this...?

So being a jerk who is way more aggressive than need be is something you idolize? o_O"

This is fluff. You seem to enjoy putting this type of thing in your posts (or at least two of them), which, while it's good that you're having fun, that takes away from contribution and stalls the town.

It merely summons someone to the thread, and doesn't give them an opening to contribute their thoughts; it doesn't contribute. I can't really articulate myself well with this one, so my bad if it sounds a little weird. >_<"

I don't quite see where you're seeing this. He implied that he enjoys impersonating Camo, not that he doesn't know his playstyle, unless I've missed something.

He says as the whole post is purposely in italics. You trying to say something here?
Also, I don't see what's wrong with BB's use of italics. I read it as exaggeration on the word as if he were speaking in real life.

Oops. I just wanted to help. >_<"

##Unvote

I honestly can't tell if you posted this in the wrong place, are being extremely sarcastic, or you're a jester. We got a lead boys~

@TheSceptileMaster I know you are on in the Discord chat right now. There is no excuse to not answer my question in thread for you right now.
But now I have a little more to add to those: What do you think about Cel's potential slip and Scattered/BB?

A bit scummy and/or careless. Despite being online at least once a day on the Discord chat, he has neglected the thread, and I think that's scummy.

I wasn't tagging for inactivity in that specific case; if you re-read the message, I specify that I wanted him to answer my question from before, plus some others that I had added. Tagging solely to summon is scummy, but tagging someone who's inactive and asking them questions about the game is not, however. You'll notice most, if not all of my tags, have at least one question for the person tagged.

Speaking of tagging people to answer something, TSM never responded even though he was on and said he would in the Discord chat, acknowledging the fact that he'd been tagged.
##Vote: TheSceptileMaster

You can't hide from this forever, you know.

TSM came in the chat and the first thing was say "Pika, sorry I didn't respond to you in Mafia" or something to that effect.

Oops, I probably just missed it. >_<"
Sometimes, it's hard for me to be able to say things for sure, and I was somewhat undecided on whether he should know better or not.

>Reads one of Scattered, BB, or Cel as scum
>Cel instantly accuses Morda of being scum
??? Why?

Oops. Hard to tell. >_<"

Oh.
Okay, now I get it.

I would think he thinks you are scum because you made that comment about the scumchat, and probably thinks it makes you confoscum.

Oh. In that case, I'm admittedly not too sure why; I read it as you and BB being in tandem with each other.

Camo-itis on... BB? I'm pretty sure he said Celever. I'll have to double check that one though.

Yes. Why haven't you still answered my earlier questions?! I guess they're irrelevant now, but I'd still like to see an answer to them since I asked you to earlier.

I do, and I don't remember you being like this.

Also, thank you for answering the questions left for you, TSM.
##Unvote

I think my vote goes best on ##Vote: Celever. He's been acting really strangely, and I think this is my best choice for now.

I'll look into BB/Mirdo/anyone else tomorrow.
Despite having 25 posts, Jesi hasn't really contributed much to the game, aside from calling out TSM on his activity a bunch. It's active lurking, since her posts seem like they contribute without actually doing so. This is scummy to me because newer scum tend to want to go unnoticed, but want to post so they don't get called out for being inactive, which was something I did when I was scum. Another issue I have is that her calling out TSM is hypocritical, since she's been inactive the past few days, but has been active on the Discord. @PikaMasterJesi , what is your take on Day 2 so far?

Finally, I'll be out at a party later today for Memorial Day, but I'll answer any questions I get when I return.

Ah finally, TSM's been subbed out so this inactivty thing can stop being a bother.

Read the bold. That's like, really aggressive. Why are you getting so worked up about it?
My gameplay has changed a lot over the past few games. During my practice games across different mafia games, being aggressive worked for me, and so I'm sticking with it. You've commented on my aggressiveness an awful lot, why?
Not excatly solid evidence that mirdo and BB are scum team but the fact he's voting on TSM stands out to me. He also defended mirdo, which isn't scummy, but that also stands out to me.
Building on this, he's been defending mirdo as saying he's not new scum. Mirdo has been scum before, remember Superheroes? This was a game BB was in too, and it wasn't long ago. BB is defending mirdo for whatever reason and that just makes both of their cases that much stronger.

Sure. Bb defends me. But it's Not like he pulling bis arguments against a Lynch against me out of Thin air. He is just right about it.

And to Clarify "Bandwaggoning "
I guess i wasnt Really doing that tbh. Just agreeing with BB and voting the same.

Welcome guys! Personally, the simsands lynch was fine for Day 1. It's given us some discussion going into day 2, mainly about bb, who led the lynch, and mirdo. I do think the case against simsands was legitimate because of the case bb brought up, and the fact that simsandshas extremely similar town and scum metas, so much so that the town still thought that he was town even after a lie detector revealed he was scum in Grima's Rebirth. On mirdo, I think his wording was off because of English being his second language, and I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about bb.
This is a good evaluation. But because of simsands' town and scum metas, is that not leverage for BB case?
Sure. Bb defends me. But it's Not like he pulling bis arguments against a Lynch against me out of Thin air. He is just right about it.
Those are two different scenarios, of him pushing a lynch against you, versus him defending you. This comparison makes no sense. And what is he "just right about"?
And to Clarify "Bandwaggoning "
I guess i wasnt Really doing that tbh. Just agreeing with BB and voting the same.
That's the definition of bandwagoning.

K, at this point your lynch gives us info on BB, which especially since he's so hard to read, is high value. Not voting you yet, because considering the majority is 7 votes and you already have 3, I'm not gonna add to that.

- @mirdo - I don't know what his deal is or what he thinks he's accomplishing by bringing up his own faults. He's been caught lying as well, and when he was caught he bandwagoned. Scum
- @bbninjas - His defense of mirdo is odd, especially considering mirdo's case. However, he did switch early in Day 1 before this case sprung, I remembered, so this could very well be nothing. Neutral
- @Haunted Water - Good so far, but early to accurately read. Town
- @Epist - Similar to Haunted Water. Town
- @rainyman123 - Rainy is a mixed bag for me. On one hand, today, he's been scumhunting, pointing things out, and being original. There's still yesterday where he was being ridiculous, but not unusual. Neutral
- @quakingpunch - His one post, an ISO on Jesi, was amazing. Already contributing more than TSM, but I need more to get a read on him. IDK
- @mordacazir - As pointed out, unlike his scum games, he's been actively scum hunting and not going under the radar. Town
- @double o squirtle - She's been in the game long enough for me to say something. She's been pointing out my aggressiveness constantly, and besides that and TSM, she hasn't done much, but she's never been the most out there, or active player from what I recall. Neutral

I actually had to go look back at the OP to see who I was missing. Not good for who's here...

- @Celever - Gets a pass for being silenced. Him being silenced though, makes me think he isn't scum, but his behavior was not normal. IDK
- @PikaMasterJesi - Quaking's right, she's being a hypocrite. She's on discord right now and talking with people. She was bashing TSM for this earlier more than anyone else as Day 1. However it's Day 2, she's been online, but utter, voluntary silence from her in this game. Scum

- @mirdo - I don't know what his deal is or what he thinks he's accomplishing by bringing up his own faults. He's been caught lying as well, and when he was caught he bandwagoned. Scum
Correction: "He's been caught lying as well, and when he was caught he backpedaled"

This is a good evaluation. But because of simsands' town and scum metas, is that not leverage for BB case?
If you're talking about whether it means that bb wanted to make it seem like sim was scum because his metas are similar, I suppose it could be the case, but that would definitely be kind of WIFOM-y, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Why can mirdo wait for now? And why did you vote Jesi?
mirdo has consistently said things that new scum don't say. I still stand by my point here. Even now, scum will rarely claim responsibility for a mislynch when their influence was minimal, since all they're doing is drawing the spotlight to themselves, yet mirdo did just that in the bolded. He was also the first person to actually start scumhunting, while everyone else just speculated about roles and silences.
That is why mirdo can wait for now and I think someone scummier has popped up.
-PikamasterJesi I think she is scum, because her posts we're mainly about TSM, because he was active on discord and that stuff. And in my opinion hasn't done anything useful. Also the same reason as Mirdo, because she just suddenly dissapeared and only voted for celever and was gone.
Despite having 25 posts, Jesi hasn't really contributed much to the game, aside from calling out TSM on his activity a bunch. It's active lurking, since her posts seem like they contribute without actually doing so. This is scummy to me because newer scum tend to want to go unnoticed, but want to post so they don't get called out for being inactive, which was something I did when I was scum. Another issue I have is that her calling out TSM is hypocritical, since she's been inactive the past few days, but has been active on the Discord. @PikaMasterJesi , what is your take on Day 2 so far?
- @PikaMasterJesi - Quaking's right, she's being a hypocrite. She's on discord right now and talking with people. She was bashing TSM for this earlier more than anyone else as Day 1. However it's Day 2, she's been online, but utter, voluntary silence from her in this game. Scum

Eight posts a day?! That's overkill. Unnecessary.

As for my silence, it's because I'm not really sure what to do. Celever is my highest scumread still, but he's silenced, so it's not really fair to pursue him. However, chances are the scum could have silenced him to redirect attention to someone else. Or it could be because of the doctor should there be one? Either way, I dunno what to do.

In my regards, bbninjas falls under some suspicion. He's trying to lead the town and I have seen no evidence behind him actually being confirmed town. Im not ruling out possible town, but he could easily be a wolf in sheeps clothing.
This is only Day 2, though...?

I don't think the hosts ever said safety came with silence
I think it's more of a morals thing in the community than anything.

@PikaMasterJesi , what is your take on Day 2 so far?
I'm gonna need to read up a bit, as I haven't seen all of it, but I'll get back to you on this as soon as possible.

This is typical Lorde though, isn't it? She gets pretty opinionated sometimes IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back