Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesi's post is scummy because of entirely unnecessary italics. Too much thought put into it = paranoia which a townie shouldn't have in RVS.
Are you kidding me?
I did that to specify between the two different types of Mafia, as if I were speaking it in real life. I personally see nothing wrong with that, though I can understand how it'd be misinterpreted.

Yeah, sorry I am still in the game.

I honestly have no idea about who is scummy or not, as most of the posts are confusing to me, but I see neutral ATM for everyone.
Only issue (partially), is, why does whoever knowing Celever has a vote weight of 3 care so much, i think it was jade so @Jadethepokemontrainer
This doesn't answer my questions. :/
Also, about vote weights, Celever can easily hammer someone if need be, since the majority is 8 and his vote fills just over a quarter of that. In other words, it might be an issue later, but I don't see any reason to worry about it now.

>Just noticed after pretty much everyone else pointed it out.
I mentioned right below that sentence that I'd meant to post it at somewhere around 1:00 am.

Jesi's post is scummy because of entirely unnecessary italics. Too much thought put into it = paranoia which a townie shouldn't have in RVS.

That is exactly her expected town meta. Town Celever should know that and even defend that had someone else brought that up. So something is a bit fishy with you in that post.

The way I see it, someone's gonna have to vote for the same vote someone else did or we won't even have RVS, itll just be every person has like, one vote on them and it's all useless. There's no one particularly scummy to me right now, so I'm not going to random vote until later.
Again, the way i see it, there ain't much to do today, and if eeyrone votes a diff. person, this day literally becomes completely useless. There's not much to even do right now, and I'm a bad scum hunter, but I'll try my best. As some of you might know about me I don't like accusing someone of soemthing or, in this case, that they're scum, so that takes a good long transition for me to learn how to not do that, because in this game, a lot of what I've seen is that people act weird and get lynched. So I've gotta learn.

Very similar attitude from last game. Low profile, trying to get under the radar, and answer calmly to things with 0 contribution. Pretty much agree with what Lord said about you here:

You are wasting valuable time, which is scummy. If no one seems scummy, ask people questions and get a general vibe from them.
There's a lot to do today. The whole point is random voting and seeing how people respond, and bandwagoning is a terrible idea this early in Day 1, when we have so much more time you could be using but choose not to.
I understand that you've lost really early because of actions in past games, but not making any isn't better than making weird actions. Why would you admit to doing nothing in such a crucial time in the game? To learn, you need to actually make moves and actively do things in the game. Choosing to bandwagon off of other people is not really learning how to play the game. Ask questions, fill another player's shoes, etc. Voluntarily choosing to do nothing, and waste time is worse than doing something that looks weird, and it is most definitely not helping you learn. ##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim ##VOTE: rainyman123

I honestly have no idea about who is scummy or not, as most of the posts are confusing to me, but I see neutral ATM for everyone.
Only issue (partially), is, why does whoever knowing Celever has a vote weight of 3 care so much, i think it was jade so @Jadethepokemontrainer

Do tell why the current cases are neutral for you.

It's hella OTT. The post would read just fine without the italics. Including them means Jesi had to think "OK, how can I make it so this post doesn't look scummy. I know, italics seem innocent!" and that is what is scummy about the whole thing.

But you know that is her meta- She already told that multiple times- when she tries to compile a post she thinks over and over about how not to appear scummy. That is what caused her every time to be lynched as town D1. The only time she survived more than that was because she went inactive and she was scum. (not saying that's her scum meta probably because she subbed out later).

Ya know what Fine I'm voting ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

What the heck am I supposed to do to stop getting lynched quick every single mafia game? I'm trying my best, reading over everything, yet everything I post seems to drive suspicion onto me.

Panicked. Also AtE.

1. I wouldn't say pointing out Celever's VW is scummy or a "plan to look like you're contributing" thats a bit harsh on Jade. I mean that's public information and definitly intresting for reading purposes. Everything else is fair and definitly a reason for a possible lynch.

That's a fair point. Let's stop talking about Celever's VW- like I said earlier, nothing productive can come out of this at this stage of the game. only Wifom speculations.

Don't you think it's kinda early to accuse someone of echoing? This early in the game when there's so little information actually circulating? We're less than halfway through Day 1. There's not a lot to go off of. There are only 82 posts in the game, 83 as this one goes up, so this is RIDICULOUS to bring up so early on. But then again:

1. I was aware that rainy was bandwagoning, and was addressing that as a question to him, which he answered. I wasn't trying to present anything new.
3. Then it's not an echo.
6. Not really, no.
8. I was using this to point out they'd done the same thing and the reason behind my vote. Again, I wasn't trying to present anything new.

I kinda agree with this, I also found an echo or two in her post, but I didn't see the other points as echoing. Like she said, at this early stage, it is very easy to accidentally echo, since you really want to contribute and you don't always aware of how similar the thing you said is to another post. Also if it's something related to another point, it's not an echo of an echo- it's just continuing the idea, but without responding to it directly, which is something I see a lot of new players doing, probably because they assume people should know who they were responding to.
From now on though, @Lord o da rings , when you respond to something another person said to continue their line of thought, add on to it, or just showing agreement, make it clear by quoting their point, saying that. Otherwise- yes, it can easily be mistaken as an echo, aka trying to appear as contributing by stealing from what other people said in hope no one notices. Not saying that is not the case with you, but just in case you are town, take that as a tip.

Also, as I wrote this post, I noticed some of the things I said about Rainy have been already mentioned by Lord, actually. So that kind of gives me townie vibes about her. I actually think it's the first time I see her scumhunting.

More like I didn't have much time online and tried to make a quick post.

Maybe. We can't know that. But I have hard time to believe it because of the way it was formatted, and the fact that morda said it as a response to Celever. Also, it is hardly believable that you two just happen to think that was what Celever thought when he called Jesi's post scummy, when it is not what he actually thought about.

Oop, just noticed why my post might've been scummy. I contradicted myself. >_<"
Why do I not believe this?o_O
Ya know what Fine I'm voting ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

What the heck am I supposed to do to stop getting lynched quick every single mafia game? I'm trying my best, reading over everything, yet everything I post seems to drive suspicion onto me.
Why do you vote jade? Providing reasoning for somoene or something you vote can really help you not getting lynched.
Cough* last game. Stupid ports:D
Both of these mindsets are entirely false, in fact, both of you are posting in a time when there is a lot of stuff to talk about - there were jade, LC and Jesi for starters. Having a "there's not much information" mindset is just an excuse to not contribute and fly under the radar during Day 1, and that is scummy.
I really agree with this. And if you don't know what to talk about, start asking questions like: why did you vote for him/her? (if they didn't provide reasoning.)
Less Scum(ish):
TSM
Rainy
BBninja (let's call it more a case of "Camo-ritis" (I always have suspecions about people who take the lead in a game quite heavily. Not really a scum read. Only a bit suspicion)
I agree with you on BB, i have a gut feeling that I can't place very well.
the fact that morda said it as a response to Celever
It was a response to bb.

Don't you think it's kinda early to accuse someone of echoing? This early in the game when there's so little information actually circulating? We're less than halfway through Day 1. There's not a lot to go off of. There are only 82 posts in the game, 83 as this one goes up, so this is RIDICULOUS to bring up so early on.
No, I don't. There was enough information around for you to look into something different that had not already been brought up, and the fact that over half of your post consisted of echos is odd at the least. That said, what scattered said about it being easier to echo is true and I'm considering that.

1. I was aware that rainy was bandwagoning, and was addressing that as a question to him, which he answered. I wasn't trying to present anything new.
3. Then it's not an echo.
6. Not really, no.
8. I was using this to point out they 'd done the same thing and the reason behind my vote. Again, I wasn't trying to present anything new.

3. No, but it isn't really a new thought either. It'd be implied by anyone who call someone out for bandwagoning early game.
6. Yes, the part about Drac.
8. Fair enough.

That is exactly her expected town meta. Town Celever should know that and even defend that had someone else brought that up. So something is a bit fishy with you in that post.
This.

Panicked. Also AtE.
I'm assuming from the context that you think that the AtE here is indication of alignment. Why? I'd expect AtE from rainy.

Why do you vote jade? Providing reasoning for somoene or something you vote can really help you not getting lynched.
[Future reference].

BBninja (let's call it more a case of "Camo-ritis" (I always have suspecions about people who take the lead in a game quite heavily. Not really a scum read. Only a bit suspicion
morda said:
I agree with you on BB, i have a gut feeling that I can't place very well.
I was conciously trying to force information and discussion as things tend to be quite slow from memory, so that might be where the gut feelings are coming from.

I'm assuming from the context that you think that the AtE here is indication of alignment. Why? I'd expect AtE from rainy.

The idea was to highlight the fact that AtE and Panicking is the only response we get from Rainy before he goes under the radar, which is the more scummy indicator when you think about that, since that what happened last game where he was scum. It is indeed a null tell on Rainy, as he does that AtE and panicking both as scum and town from what I have seen, but I just noted that anyway.

Echoing

Either lying or not paying attention- both scummy.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE:Jade
So, from this, the jade wagon seems to be based on echoing and either lying/not paying attention. The echoing is scummy, but I think Jade adequately explained the "not paying attention", and I'm pretty confident jade is not lying in this explanation.

Had more to say but my sisters insisting on using the computer. I'll get back on as soon as possible
Jade's reason for being short of time is here, said before anyone voted him. This is also consistent to what he said later.

Maybe. We can't know that. But I have hard time to believe it because of the way it was formatted, and the fact that morda said it as a response to Celever.
Funny you say this, but I think the formatting actually backs up jade's explanation. In his first post, jade uses proper grammar. However, in his post 2 hours after that - "not meaning to. didn't see your post." - his grammar is off. I suspect that this is because he was using a phone to post his second post, whereas he posted his first on the computer. This is consistent with the explanation he gave, and although this means that the computer was unavailable for at least 2 hours, I don't find that unreasonable.

Also, it is hardly believable that you two just happen to think that was what Celever thought when he called Jesi's post scummy, when it is not what he actually thought about.
I disagree. I see quite easily how someone could have come to the conclusion that both morda and Jade did, especially so if you end up reading the post slower (I read it quickly, and completely missed the contradiction). Even more so if you read it intending to find something scummy about it, perhaps to see where Celever was coming from, or on prompting from me, as imo the contradiction is the most obviously scummy thing about the post. I'd actually say that Celever (and myself) both tend to take more abstract paths of thinking, which, along with experience, is probably why both of our conclusions were different.

So, I'd say both the echoing and the not paying attention points, and the lying speculation, are all pretty much moot. The most legitimate point on Jade is, imo, him not contributing much so far.

The idea was to highlight the fact that AtE and Panicking is the only response we get from Rainy before he goes under the radar, which is the more scummy indicator when you think about that, since that what happened last game where he was scum. It is indeed a null tell on Rainy, as he does that AtE and panicking both as scum and town from what I have seen, but I just noted that anyway.
Point taken, good one.

Fair enough. It makes sense. That makes Rainy a better target. But then..

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE:Celever

Speaking of flying under the radar, you do that very well lately.

Speaking of flying under the radar, you do that very well lately.

Honestly, you've been posting pretty much the same thoughts that I'd been having regarding Celever...

He's been contributing significantly less to what he did in the Mafia Championships for starters, but that may be just less interest in this game or something, or because the meta/style over there is a lot different? Definitely flying under the radar, though.

Yeah, sorry I am still in the game.

Notice how he never pursuit the answer from Jade, which he never got, or answering the comment on his answer from Jesi :
This doesn't answer my questions. :/

Honestly, you've been posting pretty much the same thoughts that I'd been having regarding Celever...

He's been contributing significantly less to what he did in the Mafia Championships for starters, but that may be just less interest in this game or something, or because the meta/style over there is a lot different? Definitely flying under the radar, though.
I followed the mafia championships till night 1, and I didn't understand almost anything of the things they were saying. I would say the meta is atleast a bit different.

Why do you keep bringing this up? We get it; your lynch last game was apparently really stupid. People will remember that after one mention; you don't need to bring it up over and over again. Kinda ironic from me because I'm bad for repeating myself but you get the idea

I'm suspicious of TSM more than anyone right now, since he has been around in the Discord parts of PB but yet ignoring this game.

##Unvote
##Vote: TheSceptileMaster
I'm not removing my vote until you answer my questions:
@TheSceptileMaster, what is your reasoning for not posting, and what do you think about the evidence against myself and LC?

I followed the mafia championships till night 1, and I didn't understand almost anything of the things they were saying. I would say the meta is atleast a bit different.
Yeah, the meta is very different.

Why do you keep bringing this up? We get it; your lynch last game was apparently really stupid. People will remember that after one mention; you don't need to bring it up over and over again. Kinda ironic from me because I'm bad for repeating myself but you get the idea
This was actually the exact reason I future referenced morda's post, although I was actually wanting to see if he did it a third (?) time. :p

Daily Vote Count
Celever (1): bbninjas (36-64), scattered mind (42-104), rainyman123, (44-106), scattered mind (131-)
mirdo (0): lord o da rings (37-108)
simsands (1): jadethepokemontrainer (47-)
@rainyman123 (4): Celever (45-), lord o da rings (108-)
scattered mind (0): Celever (43-45)
jadethepokemontrainer (2): scattered mind (104-131), rainyman123 (111-), simsands (114-)
Lord o da rings (2): mordacazir (48-), bbninjas (115-)
Little Cherrim (0): bbninjas (64-115)
bbninjas (1): Celever (35-43), GMDraclord (41-)
GMDraclord (0): PikaMasterJesi (65-135)
TheSceptileMaster (2): Little Cherrim (61-), PikaMasterJesi (135-)
mordacazir (0): simsands (52-114)
Cypher333 (1): mirdo (57-)
Not Receiving Votes: (PikaMasterJesi)

Players who need to increase their activity or be subbed out (This list is subject to change. You may be moved onto or off of this list at our discretion):
@Cypher333 @TheSceptileMaster

Last edited:
Do you think you could use the strikethrough tags ([s] [/s] ) to denote when a vote has been removed, @NinjaPenguin ? I find it helpful to give an idea of the votes at a glance. :p

I was going to suggest we remove either Cypher or TSM on day 1 since they are barely here but after thinking back, both of them are gateway for the sub to come in..

##UNVOTE :

##VOTE : PikaMasterJesi

you shouldn't be left out without being voted at least once in day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back