Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
...I assume this houseguest is random Player and not random Town.
--anyways as I was saying before I said "Never mind": If scum get to be the PoV, then they can delay their execution, right?
Yes, it is a random player, not a random townie.
That about the PoV is correct. It has advantages both for the town and for the scum and can definitely be dangerous in the wrong hands, so it is almost as important as the HoH itself.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Hey everybody! Today would be the last day for signups, and we still have 5 spots that are yet to be filled to run the 14 player game. Please try to recruit people you know on here to play, so that we can try to fill it.
I'm going to extend signups for now to try to get to 14 people, but if we don't hit that number within the next couple of days, I'll need to try to modify the setup so that it can possibly work with so few people.

P.S. For those worried about a time commitment involving Flash Games, please note that as the game has been designed, there will be no truly essential competitions that are Flash Games, and at most there will be only two total.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'll jump in. It'll be interesting to see how the alternate lynch mechanics go, hopefully it still holds to the integrity of a mafia game. :>

NinjaPenguin

Hey everybody! A couple more people have expressed their interest in signing up, so I'm going to wait for them to show up and then have the rand be tomorrow morning. I'm glad to see more people signed up and I hope you're all as hyped as I am to play!

Last edited:

JCMaxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I was invited to this game by NinjaPenguin. Not sure if there are still any spots left but if so I'll join.

Maxwell#4054 on Discord.

NinjaPenguin

Game Start
Since we have 13 players in the game, there will be one less Houseguest in the game (for a total of 3 Secret Alliance members and 10 Houseguests). To compensate for the higher ratio of Secret Alliance to Houseguests, the adjustment made is that the Secret Alliance will get to sabotage a Houseguest on only even weeks, instead of odd ones.

Roles are now being sent out. Please like this post to confirm your role. Additionally, everybody will be sent a link to the official competition server for this game. Please join this server, even though you will not yet be allowed to post in it, for the purpose of facilitating live competitions if and when they happen.

When 10 of 13 players have liked this post, Week 1 will begin. Do not speak until then. If you believe you should have received something and did not, please ask me via PM.

List of everybody's characters:
Celever: Marcellas
GekkisaiDaiNi: Mike "Boogie"
Jadethepokemontrainer: George
VioletValkyrie: Jase
Vom: James
Zone Q11: Diane
Blinkehyo: Howie
mordacazir: Danielle
mirdo: Erika
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: Jennifer "Nakomis"
Geyde: Will
bbninjas: Janelle
JCMaxwell: Alison
Kaysar was randomly selected to not be in the game. A reminder that flavor is completely not alignment indicative.

A friendly reminder that you may not quote any form of host communication, including your role PM.
Another reminder to @mordacazir and @bbninjas to read the rules more thoroughly, as your signup does not indicate you have done so.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Week 1 HOH: Popularity Contest
This first Head of Household competition will be decided by a vote! You must now discuss who in this house you can trust, and choose them by using ##VOTE: Player in-thread. At the end of 48 hours, the person with the most votes will be crowned Head of Household. In the case of a tie, the winner will be the player who reached that number of votes first. You may change your vote at any time, but you may not vote for yourself to win Head of Household.
As always, the winner of this competition will gain the power to name the two nominees for eviction this week.

Since this is the first competition this game, it will last 48 hours, instead of the usual 36. This means that it will end on March 13th at 8:00 AM EST. You may all now post.
In order to not get a warning, you must vote for somebody at least once during this competition. Additionally, remember that you must post at least 5 times during the duration of the week (though I'd much prefer 10+).

P.S. Reminder to @Blinkehyo and @mirdo to like the role confirmation post.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oookay this is weird. Our votes don't have the power to pressure the mafians. In fact, they could comfortably elect an innocent today, because the likelihood that an innocents picks mafians as HoH is low. That makes reading into votes difficult.

Anyway, I am going to ##VOTE: JCMaxwell

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
These game mechanics are interesting... Let's see what happens we statistically have an easy time to crown a town HoH, but let's see who wants the title of HoH first.
##vote: Vom
I hope you're not scum this time

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
These game mechanics are interesting... Let's see what happens we statistically have an easy time to crown a town HoH, but let's see who wants the title of HoH first.
##vote: Vom
I hope you're not scum this time
Do you not want the title of HoH?

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
God, this better not be like Turnabout Trump and you know exactly why I'm saying that, NP.

I'm going to sit back and watch things play out right now, I'm used to the BB format of having discussion in alliance chats during comps, so I'm a little curious to see how this being a mafia game will change it.

I'll throw a vote in, sure.
##VOTE: Vom

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I am surprised. Not about the mechanics, but by the fact that there are only 4 posts within... what, 6 and a half hours?
Anyhow, it seems that the plan is to vote up the... wait, I still can't be "disrespectful". ...the plan is to vote up"the least popular" person.
Which means that... Well, anyone whom I have never met will do.

##VOTE: JCMax-- Wait a minute. This is Maxwell. I know this guy.
...in that case mirdo is the only one I have never met.
##VOTE: mirdo

I am slightly interested as to why bbninjas asked mordacazir, but I think I know why.
On the other hand, I am interested why Violet went to sit back and watch, even though she could be a topic starter. Plus, there is also the fact that she voted Vom, which is in essence a sheeping vote. Pretty NAI, but still something usable for a topic nevertheless.

As for anyone who are... "who has never played with me", I advise you to not vote me up as HoH if you don't want an instant loss.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Do you not want the title of HoH?
Nope, not today at least. I'm not one who has accurate reads quickly so I don't think I'd be a good candidate. And because of a pretty good statistical advantage that anyone I choose is not scum, I think it's best to go with someone who is quite good at Mafia

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Nope, not today at least. I'm not one who has accurate reads quickly so I don't think I'd be a good candidate. And because of a pretty good statistical advantage that anyone I choose is not scum, I think it's best to go with someone who is quite good at Mafia
Ha! Ha! HA!
This is going to be hypocritical of me, but that ain't much of a good argument to not be HoH! Entrusting your life to a veteran whose alignment is a ticket to doom! I know this, because I learnt it the hardest way possible: by experience. ...which is why my current plan is to push away my responsibilities to someone I don't know~!

JCMaxwell

Aspiring Trainer
##VOTE: mirdo
I'm also up for electing someone I don't know. And yeah you're right Zone. The username Maxwell was taken so this is usually my backup.

Celever

Wheeeee~
bb's reads are always wrong in the early game so I reckon he has a good shot at accidentally killing a mafian ^w^

##VOTE: bbninjas

FoS on everyone who wants to hide back and not be HoH so that they evade the culpability of killing a townie during this phase. Town normally dies D1 anyway just because of game structure, especially on this site where D1 usually has some players who are barely here; no one's gonna seriously blame you for killing a townie, and though the paranoia is understandable on town or scum, I'm opting to assume it's likelier on scum in this instance.

So actually,
##VOTE: mordacazir

Now that you've said you don't wanna be HoH it's made me more curious as to what you'll do as HoH.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
On the other hand, I am interested why Violet went to sit back and watch, even though she could be a topic starter. Plus, there is also the fact that she voted Vom, which is in essence a sheeping vote. Pretty NAI, but still something usable for a topic nevertheless.

I complained about RVS last game, I'm just not interested in trying to make votes based off information that we don't even have yet. Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.
If you want the real reason I voted Vom, it's because I liked his playing last game (I think there was somewhere in the OP about it being against the rules to judge things by past games? Either that or I didn't read things fully) so I didn't mention that as a reason. I was going to make a joke about how we're friends and both Canadian so I'd support him though that's completely unrelated to anything in the actual game, so I felt it shouldn't really be mentioned either.

Status
Not open for further replies.