Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he was inexperienced he'd likely ask his fellow scum in the scumchat for help instead of making a post. I remember when i was first time scum in Dracs game a few games ago and I was clueless and asked for help from Roz multiple times
although the post on his profile is a different issue on one hand it could show hes scum trying to deflect suspicion or a townie whos upset people wont stop suspecting him
i realized i forgot to put my opinion in but right now i feel like Jplap is neutral leaning town as the profile post sounds more like a nervous townie then a scum member trying to save his own skin
i'll have to re-read his past posts to get a better read but right now thats what im feeling
and while im at it ##UNVOTE

Hey people. I wanted to drop in and say I’m alive but I’ve got some not great stuff going on in my life right now so I’m not going to be able to read back tonight. Hopefully I’ll have time is everything is going okay after school tomorrow. If anyone has the time and wants to catch me up so hopefully I can actually get started playing sooner than later that would be absolutely amazing though understandable if no one wants to.

@Zone Q11 You're literally the most vehement anti-no lynch person I know. Why did you compromise that thought?
ISO me. I already answered this: It was a reaction test to see who might be a better target than you. So far, nobody answered "No Lynch is better" and instead attacks me for questioning instead. Great. (Sarcasm.)
Play for real and actually scumhunt! Being jester-ish is Margaret's playstyle and I've learned how you feel about her smh.
Hey. I may act like a jest, but at least I play "normally". It's just that at least three people are focused on me due to my "bad" playstyle. ...which is not the first time that this has happened.
Sorry Zone, I'm not understanding the sleeping dog thing. Is it some way to call a player in Mafia?
Nope. Just... forget it, I guess.
And what's the difference with a normal OMGUS?...
Now that I think of it, OMGUS is normally done by newbie players and I think you don't fit that adjective... Hmm, I need to think about this a little more.
Yep. That's what I want you to think about.
...actually, I forgot: What are we even talking about? This seems irrelevant to the thread.
But why did you choose NP for your tunneling? Just because he is a good player and it's pretty difficult to "read" his alignment?
That, and grudges from past games.
Compared to you, he and scattered mind are my biggest worries.
So, pressuring someone for any reason you’ve observed is less towny than tunneling someone for no reason, according to you.
It's the other way around. Pressuring is more townier than my tunneling, but I don't like to get pressured either... Especially when the matter of pressure is about my playstyle. Even if it is faulty, I don't like it how basically both alignment can use me as a scapegoat as "the sacrifice of the day".
Not really a dilemma. It’s just playing the game. I see you’re starting to notice the problem with your own prior assertions.
Aye. I am noticing that I shouldn't mind getting pressured, but I am unable to do so because the topic of pressure is my playstyle, which I will not change in any circumstances.

*checks VC*
...hm? Hey @Dusk Form Lycanroc, are you available? I want you to read the thread and see whether you still want to stay on NP or not.

I want to note that making reads based off of stuff like Jplap's profile post is generally considered quite bad form, if not illegal so I'm going to refrain from that.
i also want to get back to Gekki claiming Jplap plays this way as scum despite never playing as scum according to NP. if Gekki could show us the game that Jplap was scum in then i'd be much more inclined to believe that he's scum. but if Jplap isnt scum that could be a tell that Gekki himself is scum
i realized i forgot to put my opinion in but right now i feel like Jplap is neutral leaning town as the profile post sounds more like a nervous townie then a scum member trying to save his own skin
These posts are super hedgy TE has absolutely no care about what happens regarding Gekki and Jplap.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Hey. I may act like a jest, but at least I play "normally". It's just that at least three people are focused on me due to my "bad" playstyle. ...which is not the first time that this has happened.
Can you give me some reads?

Can you give me some reads?
Usually I would be afraid (paranoid even) that a scum would get a town from my list, but this time I feel as if nothing can go wrong, because:
You are still null as ever.
Violet seems towny for... pretty much following my path. Somewhat.
Gekki, Mega and Mariano are interrogating and pressuring me. Kinda WIFOM if you ask me for their alignment.
TE hopped off my wagon. That's all I need to know that he is not scum.
Kiiruma... is weird. He said that you and I are both silght town, while saying DFL is slight scum. Dunno how both you and I are slight town. Should be impossible.
Scattered is behaving weird. His argument sounds "rational", but also "inflexible". Unless it is a RT like my No Lynch question, then it's kinda... not scummy, but simply weird.
I don't see Blink, Tigger, NICK, and DFL very much in this thread.
How is Drac doing...? I don't remember.
There's jplap. I... dunno what to do with him, nor do I even remember any post from him.
Jade's got some problems with RL.

As you can see, I only have two towns. The rest are either null, unknown, weird, or simply forgotten.
With this read, there can be nothing wrong at all even if scum get my two only towns.

Naturally I will join other topics, but if everyone's target doesn't suit my logic, then I will simply continue tunneling NP.
Hm... I should have said "if everyone's logic does not make sense to me".

Gekki, Mega and Mariano are interrogating and pressuring me. Kinda WIFOM if you ask me for their alignment.
Gekki seems towny. Mariano seems... either null or scummy. Mega... seems super null for some reason.

Usually I would be afraid (paranoid even) that a scum would get a town from my list, but this time I feel as if nothing can go wrong, because:
You are still null as ever.
Violet seems towny for... pretty much following my path. Somewhat.
TE hopped off my wagon. That's all I need to know that he is not scum.
Kiiruma... is weird. He said that you and I are both silght town, while saying DFL is slight scum. Dunno how both you and I are slight town. Should be impossible.
Scattered is behaving weird. His argument sounds "rational", but also "inflexible". Unless it is a RT like my No Lynch question, then it's kinda... not scummy, but simply weird.
I don't see Blink, Tigger, NICK, and DFL very much in this thread.
How is Drac doing...? I don't remember.
There's jplap. I... dunno what to do with him, nor do I even remember any post from him.
Jade's got some problems with RL.

As you can see, I only have two towns. The rest are either null, unknown, weird, or simply forgotten.
With this read, there can be nothing wrong at all even if scum get my two only towns.
Hey Zone can you say something to convince me you're town?

Tunneling!
##VOTE: NinjaPenguin
What I expected as any alignment.

Welcome to the game, Blinkehyo! How much mafia have you played before, if at all?
Asking questions to try and learn experience in order to work out if behaviours are scummy/not scummy or even AI at all

Oh if you've played 50 games on MS you're automatically better than all of us low activity mafia peasants lol.
How would you describe your playstyle?
Further questioning to work out how to treat the new person

I really am tunneling NP.
My grudge is following him after all.

...by the way, while I am surprised that Violet is considered a newbie here (since I had played with her before), when will we talk about something else other than "how to [action]" and "why do you think so"? No offense, but my current impression of PokeBeach is that it is a place where people can keep learning how to play mafia... but then repeating the lesson over and over, with minor tweaks in each game.
TL;DR I am bored. Let's decide this first: "Day 1 Lynch or Day 1 No Lynch"?
Again, not surprising way to act for Zone. Not particularly townie but meh, it's not scum AI at least
Nolynch is the worst thing. Day 1 Lynch at least gives us some information.

Ok forget what I said earlier.

I'd probably agree with this if this vote actually moved things in that direction (i.e. if you vote Nick, and give good reason to suspect Nick in order to move the game along to eventually lynching Nick) but right now I'll agree this seems very low-effort, which you seem to be arguing against and that's what really raises suspicion for me.

Ok let me get this straight: I thought it would be a good idea to move the game along by randomly voting because that's how I thought RVS works. I guess I was wrong. I had no good reason to vote Nick, and I unvoted him because of that.

Not trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but hey, only one way to get started.
##VOTE: Professor_jplap

Why are you voting me again?

Hey Zone can you say something to convince me you're town?
Probably not. After all, the only actions and words that are towny will only make me more "weird" and "suspicious for a Zone".
Hence I am unable to do so.
What I expected as any alignment.
Look. This is the response that I expect. Instead of all the interrogation, this is what I had expected.

Why are you voting me again?
Mainly for trying to give a weak argument to NP when you could have said "I guess voting for Nick didn't move the game along, let'd vote for someone else", and being unable to give any kind of response to me going six whole pages in-thread before we addressed this.
At best, you're simply town making strange moves I don't understand but with how long it had went on and the difficulty to respond to something so simple shows me you're at least quite shaken by it all, I see it's a lot more likely for you to be inexperienced scum freaking out than for you to be frustrated town.

Both? I put a space between the lines...
Well I'm glad you can see what I'm saying as being a legitimate enough read to respond to it. Others have said they understand my reasoning whether agreeing with it or not and I've explained it several times, so I don't get why it's considered illegitimate. Is it just because it's targeting you and because you think I'm wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back