Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm glad you can see what I'm saying as being a legitimate enough read to respond to it. Others have said they understand my reasoning whether agreeing with it or not and I've explained it several times, so I don't get why it's considered illegitimate. Is it just because it's targeting you and because you think I'm wrong?

I'm just saying it's a pretty lame read compared to other ones.

D1 Vote Count #3
Zone Q11: 3 (L-6)| MegaPod_781 [#30], GekkisaiDaiNi [#63], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#69-#161], Mariano11887 [#107]
Ninja Penguin: 2 | Zone Q11 [#29], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#36]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 2| Professor_Jplap [#76], Ninja Penguin [#165]
GM Draclord: 1 | Kiiruma [#33]
MegaPod_781: 1| GekkisaiDaiNi [#31-#63], scattered mind [#57]
Mariano11887: 1 | Tigger [#143]
Professor_Jplap: 1 | Ninja Penguin [#49-#165], VioletValkyrie [#53], TeamAqua4Life [#55-#183], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#66-#69]

GekkisaiDaiNi: 0 | GM Draclord [#32-#141], NinjaPenguin [#35-#49]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Professor_Jplap [#40-#48]
scattered mind: 0 | TeamAqua4Life [#43-#55]
TeamAqua4Life: 0 | Professor_Jplap [#48-#76]

No vote: Blinkehyo, GM DracLord, Jadethepokemontrainer, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, TOTAL_EPICNESS

Majority: 9 votes
Hours remaining: 23 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: [#1], [#2]
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.
Note: If you do not vote by day end, you may be penalised.

@Blinkehyo, @tigger and @Dusk Form Lycanroc need to make at least one more post to meet activity requirements.
@Blinkehyo has not confirmed their role by liking a certain post [click here].

##UNVOTE

##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK

U repeated what I already said. (plus this game is going nowhere at the moment)
What would I have to do to to make it go somewhere? Vote different people. Why did you say I didn't make an effort to have it go somewhere? I did - by voting people.
This was RVS. I thought it would do something, and I tried to progress the game. I now realize that that didn't work.

I'd probably agree with this if this vote actually moved things in that direction (i.e. if you vote Nick, and give good reason to suspect Nick in order to move the game along to eventually lynching Nick) but right now I'll agree this seems very low-effort, which you seem to be arguing against and that's what really raises suspicion for me. I know from the last game I've played and just spectating some early-game weeks of other people's games (mainly the ones I wrote for, Senate Subterfuge and Let's Go Kanto) that RVS seems pretty baseless but I think this is the only actual suspicious play I've seen from the game so far.

Not trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but hey, only one way to get started.
##VOTE: Professor_jplap

The point is, I tried. That doesn't mean that just because my effort didn't work I'm scum. How does this even make you think I'm scum?
Read above.

@Kiiruma I trust your reading skills thoughts on TE?

These wagons right now are pretty bad tbh. I'm leaning town on Jplap and Zone is just a big ?.
TE is actively scummy and I want to lynch him and I want people to give thoughts on him.

I want to see more from Blinkeyho, Nick, Tigger, DFL, and Drac (I've given up on Jade posting because he does this every game lol).
I think Mega and to a lesser extent Vi are the towniest people in the game, Gekki/Kiiruma/Scattered/Mariano are all light town to me but I'd want to look more into them before reaching any big conclusions.

I want to see more from Blinkeyho, Nick,
I can answer now that I am caught up. I agree with everything anybody has called TE out for and, while I would hate to sack him early again, some things have to be done regardless of his alignment to give us a better picture of how this game will turn out.
##Vote: TE

I can answer now that I am caught up. I agree with everything anybody has called TE out for and, while I would hate to sack him early again, some things have to be done regardless of his alignment to give us a better picture of how this game will turn out.
##Vote: TE
What has "everybody" called TE out for?

Do you have any reads of your own that you'd like to share or do you want to just bandwagon and leave the thread?

The former.
...hrm. But without pressuring, there won't be much progress either. What a dilemma.

Yep. Done by a VI.

If you don't get it, then just forget it.
Isn't the entire point of RVS to prod at things and basically kick sleeping dogs?

Anywho, it's all gut since I'm catching up and I do a terrible job of reading the game state while doing so, but you seem to be leaning towards a more scum read to me. You stick out more to me than others, as well as way too cautious to be town.

I'm not sure how iso's work on this site. Is there other games I could observe you in?

Oh if you've played 50 games on MS you're automatically better than all of us low activity mafia peasants lol.
How would you describe your playstyle?
Observant I guess. I tend to be a bit cryptic, not by choice, but because it's kind of my personality. I try to be transparent, but I don't like to come on too strong.
I also like drawing attention to myself because it helps me play the game a bit better

I find it interesting that as someone with a lot of experience, you wouldn't appreciate the slight hints that RVS can give @ Blink.
It's a way to catch out newbies or even see experienced players who are acting abnormally (Allowing partial meta usage)
Is it not used much for MS?
Well I never said that RVS wasn't useful. But most of the time it just ends up being a bit of a clustercluck. I like the aftermath of it though

I'm not sure how iso's work on this site. Is there other games I could observe you in?
You can do an ISO by going to the search bar, doing "Posted by [Player]" and checking the box for "search this thread only".
I also like drawing attention to myself because it helps me play the game a bit better
The day is ending in less than 24 hours. Can you draw some attention to yourself and cast a vote and give some thoughts on Jplap/TE and some spicy reads?

Do you have any reads of your own that you'd like to share or do you want to just bandwagon and leave the thread?
Well, you with his posts not helping at all. Upon reading those it seemed to me that he was trying to push attention away from himself when there was very little on him beforehand.

Why is read in quotes here?
Can't say, I don't remember why I put the quotes there.

What I expected as any alignment.

Asking questions to try and learn experience in order to work out if behaviours are scummy/not scummy or even AI at all

Further questioning to work out how to treat the new person

Again, not surprising way to act for Zone. Not particularly townie but meh, it's not scum AI at least
Nolynch is the worst thing. Day 1 Lynch at least gives us some information.
Don't ask me why, but this post makes me think of some kind of buddying with Zone.

TE is actively scummy and I want to lynch him and I want people to give thoughts on him.
TE caught my attention early on the day when he jumped on jplap's wagon just because some were doing it. Then, his explanation about jplap's profile post seemed a bit excessive, too detailed, that was weird too...

This was exactly what I thought.

The Day is ending and I won't be able to be online again before it ends. My vote stays on Zone, maybe it's me not understanding him or maybe his way of playing is so different from mine that I can't relate him to a town mentality.
TE is in second place in my scumdar.

You can do an ISO by going to the search bar, doing "Posted by [Player]" and checking the box for "search this thread only".

The day is ending in less than 24 hours. Can you draw some attention to yourself and cast a vote and give some thoughts on Jplap/TE and some spicy reads?
Ah thanks for the insight.

And sorry for being away for most of the day, theres a few personal things im working on

Im also not used to days going by so quickly, normally there's weeks worth of time to talk. While i'd prefer to get more info from Q11, ill give him a few more hours to respond before i lock in a vote

Okay what thoughts are you making for yourself? Any read is better than nothing.
I then proceeded to wonder why a player with prior experience would begin to panic like that after one vote was placed on him. In doing this I thought back to when I was new here over a year ago but quickly disqualified that option as TE obviously has prior experience in this kind of game, something I didn’t have then which lead to a mistake. It’s odd for a seasoned player to get so anxious that I think somethings up but after further thought on this he topic, his reaction was just so different that it stood out.

NP you say my posts are hedgy im assuming that means im playing it safe which i'll be honest i was i wasn't giving a clear opinion that was mostly cause as i said i hadnt re-read Jplaps posts and wanted to do that before making a clear point against him. After doing so I will say i think Jplap is town none of his posts are actively scummy and just seem like a new town trying to help. Even with Jplap confirming he was scum in a past game and Gekki claiming he is playing similarly he also said it was one of his first few games and i dont think thats enough games to really be able to read someone off of their meta.
additionally here are all my other reads so far anyone not mentioned i just havent got anything on due to them either being inactive or me just not being able to put them anywhere
Zone: Leaning town. While he has been...well i dont know he's been contributing in a...certainly unique way
Gekki: Leaning town. Has been helping out answering questions and actively hunting not much more to say
NP: leaning town. actively hunting and has been encouraging others to do so as well
Megapod: actively contributing basically same reasons as Gekki
Violet: slightly leaning town. while she has been tunneling Jplap fairly hard she has been helping out and actively contributing
Nick: leaning scum: jumps on my wagon without reasoning and then the reasoning he comes up with is that i panicked after one vote was placed on me despite not saying anything since NP voted? something doesnt quite add up here and it goes is similar to a point i'll bring up on Mariano later
Mariano: slightly leaning scum. While he has contributed somewhat to the discussion on Zone most of his posts are just pointing out stuff others have already said and his points on me are terrible i'll go into detail on it now
TE caught my attention early on the day when he jumped on jplap's wagon just because some were doing it. Then, his explanation about jplap's profile post seemed a bit excessive, too detailed, that was weird too...
my post about Jplaps profile post was in detail because i thought there was a lot of potential evidence to be had from it nothing more nothing less.
now when i "jumped on Jplaps wagon"...
##VOTE: Jplap
All the cool kids are doing it so I will too
now...this looks oddly like RVS...because it was. Saying i jumped on his wagon is actually just dishonest, trying to use something said in RVS as an actual point against me as if you were trying to decieve people. Nick is doing a similar thing as explained earlier when he said i panicked despite not saying anything it's dishonest and takes advantage of those who havent read back through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back