Ruling machamp vs unown g

fc4

Aspiring Trainer
if i attach unown g to a basic, will it be ko by machamp 1st attack? is the ko a damage or an effect?

/me sighs

Well... I WAS going to let Kaga take this. But apparently people can't understand what fc4 means. If you attach Unown G to a basic, and Machamp attacks it, the Basic WILL NOT be KOed. The KO effect is just that, an effect. Unown G prevents effects so it would cancel the auto-KO effect. As for if Machamp would still deal the 40 damage, in my opinion I think it would still deal the 40 Damage. I think it acts as if the active Basic isnt a Basic and just hits for 40. But no one can be sure untill it is released.

Woops, for some reason I thought you were asking if Unown G would be knocked out.. sorry.

Anyways..

40 damage is part of the attack. So it would still do the 40 damage. The second part is an effect, so that would not take place.

Machamp attack says "[F] Drop: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon isn’t an Evolved Pokemon, instead of doing damage, this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokemon. The effect is applied instead of the attack, and the Defending pokémon isn´t tried as an evolution card because Unown G is attached to it, so the effect is negated by Unown G and the damage is negated by the attack effect (others effect that don´t involve the pokemon Unown G is attached to are applied). That´s that I think

Machamp LV.62 – Fighting – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Machoke

[F] Drop: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon isn’t an Evolved Pokemon, instead of doing damage, this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokemon.
[C][C] Hurricane Punch: Flip 4 coins, this attack does 30 damage x the number of heads.
[F][F][C][C] Rage: Does 60 damage + an additional 10 damage for each damage counter on Machamp.

Weakness: Psychic (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

;)

In other words, Machamp does absolutely nothing to the basic pokemon that has Unown G attached and the other player laughs at your face.

I said it, Unown G doesn´t negate effects that don´t involve the pokémon that Unown G is attached to, "instead of doing damage" effect resolves Machamp´s type of attack (if it does damage or KO), so the defending pokémon doesn´t take damage and isn´t KO.

According to the way things are worded now, Machamp would do ZILCH, NADA, ZERO, NOTHING to any basic with an Unown G attached.

Back