Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has revealed the first English card from Astral Radiance!
Machamp VMAX comes from Japan’s Time Gazer set, which released last month. It is card #073/189 in our English set.

Screenshot_20220422-130830__01-292x300.jpg

We will also see Machamp V and secret rare versions for both cards in our English set:

Machamp-V-143x200.png

Machamp-VMAX-S10-144x200.png

72-Machamp-V-1-141x200.jpg

#72 Machamp V

73-Machamp-V-1-141x200.jpg

#73 Machamp V (Special Art)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still sad they took away alt arts for Vmax pokemon and don't have them for all/most Vstar's. Imagine what they could've done for Machamp Vmax?

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still sad they took away alt arts for Vmax pokemon and don't have them for all/most Vstar's. Imagine what they could've done for Machamp Vmax?
To be honest, I’m glad they don’t. It’s a lot for some Pokémon to get two alts. Machamp at least got the V alt.
I’d personally rather they work on removing the rainbow cards, like the trainers, to at least up the pull rates of all ultra rares and diversify the set without having to have 3+ versions of every Pokémon.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest, I’m glad they don’t. It’s a lot for some Pokémon to get two alts. Machamp at least got the V alt.
I’d personally rather they work on removing the rainbow cards, like the trainers, to at least up the pull rates of all ultra rares and diversify the set without having to have 3+ versions of every Pokémon.
Take away the rainbow rares because most don't look good.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Take away the rainbow rares because most don't look good.
Yes, I would be very okay with them all going away. 😅 As much as I do love the unique textured patterns they get, they waste too many slots. Just keep giving the full arts and alts unique textured patterns and I’ll be happy.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I would be very okay with them all going away. 😅 As much as I do love the unique textured patterns they get, they waste too many slots. Just keep giving the full arts and alts unique textured patterns and I’ll be happy.
I think I'd be a bit less heated if they didn't give them to trainers too. Like, I get it for Pokemon, but it literally just ruins the trainers. It's not a surprise the regular FA's tend to be worth more on the singles market

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I think I'd be a bit less heated if they didn't give them to trainers too. Like, I get it for Pokemon, but it literally just ruins the trainers. It's not a surprise the regular FA's tend to be worth more on the singles market
Yeah, exactly! I can’t describe the amount of disappointment I had when I opened a Brilliant Stars box to get rainbow kindler as one of my ultra rares… literally any other card would’ve made me happy.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
5 versions of a card for 1 Pokemon? And we wonder why sets are always 210-250 cards these days. The TCG cannot sustain itself if it keeps doing things like this.

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
In my opinion, Machamp VMAX almost looked like an alt to me when i first saw it

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
This set will rival CR and ES with the most rares to total cards ratio in the set.

Both of those had 60%+ of the cards in the rare slot.

This is already at 41% without including rares and holos.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
if they do that it'll be less special like the rainbows and golds. just keep it a few each set and that'll be more than enough. Wittel down the rainbows to a couple Pokemons and we will be good, maybe get rid of the Full Art V's and Vmax's they are kinda bland, rainbows at least pop with the rainbow boarder

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
if they do that it'll be less special like the rainbows and golds. just keep it a few each set and that'll be more than enough. Wittel down the rainbows to a couple Pokemons and we will be good, maybe get rid of the Full Art V's and Vmax's they are kinda bland, rainbows at least pop with the rainbow boarder
I love the full arts, personally. The texturing is a lot of fun with them and helps sometimes give some less popular Pokemon a textured special card with a cool background. As long as they don’t resort to the bland same color energy type backgrounds they did for full arts in S/M.
I think the VMAX cards will go away for sure come gen 9.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
There's no way alternate arts become as bland as rainbows and golds because they actually have real artists and styles not just stupid recolours.

Value will drop of course, but who cares about that? We'll all die before every Pokemon gets a chance to have an alt art. Every UR needs an alt art. No more FAs, no more RRs, no more Golds.

But of course Pokemon doesn't want to remove their pathetic low effort higher rarities. Do they think that helps drive more sales? Trevenant doesn't become more desirable because it's a rainbow recolour.

ckonecny

(o ˃ᆺ˂)
I do like the VMAX art a lot, but I feel like it doesn't translate well to a rainbow this time around 😕 Something about removing the background makes it look like there's way too much negative space imo. But maybe I'm just picky as a rainbow collector 😅 Looking forward to the set nonetheless, our store just got in all the promo material today.