JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Machamp and its evolution line has been revealed from the Japanese set Dark Phantasma, which will release in Japan on May 13th. We expect these cards to become part of our August set, Lost Origin!
Machop – Fighting – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[F] Punch: 20 damage.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Machoke – Fighting – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Machop
[F] Strength: 30 damage.
[F][F] Seismic Toss: 50 damage.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Machop/Machoke/Machamp - another Stage 2, I guess. Even worse with the RC soon to be rotated. (I know what you're going to say, when I told you that Rare Candy might rotate. I explain to you my reasons.) 2/2/3-4

dairyman17

Aspiring Trainer
Machop/Machoke/Machamp - another Stage 2, I guess. Even worse with the RC soon to be rotated. (I know what you're going to say, when I told you that Rare Candy might rotate. I explain to you my reasons.) 2/2/3-4
Rare Candy or some other single prize evolution acceleration could be reprinted at any point within the next 2 years of this card remaining legal for play in Standard format. Great card! Hope to see more stage 1’s like it.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Rare. Candy. Isn't. Rotating.

Also its a great stage 2, can tank hits from mew, arceus and much more, can KO vstars with grant + choice belt + inteleon ping (japan format) or Gapejaw bog etc, but mostly gonna be used to KO basic V's. Gutsy Pickaxe for energy accel and draw, Raihan for Rare Candy search and more energy accel. Not to mention you one shot Arceus. Solid 4/5 on the stage 2 viability scale

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Rare Candy or some other single prize evolution acceleration could be reprinted at any point within the next 2 years of this card remaining legal for play in Standard format. Great card! Hope to see more stage 1’s like it.
Rare candy isn't leaving the format. It was reprinted in japan, so it will most likely come in our trainers toolkit. So will Switch, Crushing Hammer, Catcher, Retrieval, Great Ball and so on.

Nyora

A Cat
I like this Machamp, he looks ready to kick some butt, oblivious to the fact that he is about to get his butt kicked.

GoldenBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
i thought rare candy wasnt gunna rotate. arent they goin to make a reprint?

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
This is a good stage 2. Interesting/useful ability and solid damage from an attack with an easy cost (what with Raihan and the Gritty Pickaxe).

The only thing it's missing is the basic and stage 1 not just being filler. Shame they couldn't give us another Machoke with an awesome ability, like the one from Guardian's Rising which gave both bench barrier and immunity from damage counter placement from attacks or abilities.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Now you're treating it as a sure thing? Are you sure you want to die on that hill?

If you really want to, you have to explain the purpose of the F-Block reprint in Japan. It's pretty much a sure thing it'll come back in SV base in November, and if that's the case the F-Block print becomes pointless because rotation there happens in January. Also, a POGO set without any reference to Candy would be extremely weird.

Rare candy isn't leaving the format. It was reprinted in japan, so it will most likely come in our trainers toolkit. So will Switch, Crushing Hammer, Catcher, Retrieval, Great Ball and so on.
It can't be in the toolkit though, since there's no mention of additional promos in it beyond Lumineon V.

I love how this was hijacked by rare candy discourse
Every time. I just want it announced already so it stops.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
It can't be in the toolkit though, since there's no mention of additional promos in it beyond Lumineon V.

Doesn't have to be a promo. It could be included straight in the trainer card bulk with a new regulation stamp.

edit: The Japanese equivalent of a Trainer's Toolkit (Premium Trainer Box) has 2 copies of the candy. Very likely the english version gets it there too.

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Doesn't have to be a promo. It could be included straight in the trainer card bulk with a new regulation stamp.

edit: The Japanese equivalent of a Trainer's Toolkit (Premium Trainer Box) has 2 copies of the candy. Very likely the english version gets it there too.
They can't just change the stamp of a card from a previous set. It needs to be reprinted in a new set or as a promo. The only way around it would be if they treat the entire kit as a small set with its own numbering, like the Battle Academy box.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
If there is an F print Rare Candy, which it sounds like there is, there isn't even a point discussing whether it's rotating out or not, because in that case it won't be.

Is Rare Candy rotation-proof? It's probably pretty darn close to – I think DCE would be a good comparison where even in a DCE-less format, you do have access to "basically DCE with caveat" cards. So if RC rotates out, you'd expect it to almost instantly be replaced with something pretty similar; e.g. if RC rotated out during SM era, I would've expected a functionally identical card to RC except with a caveat of not allowing you to use it to evolve into a Pokémon-GX.

In the current V meta, though, I don't know why (or how?) they would rotate it out.