• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Machamp EX / Ariados

Glaceon Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, im new here on the forums so sorry if I do anything incorrectly :/
Anyways I was hoping you guys could help me/ give me suggestions for my Machamp EX deck!

Pokemon: 13
  • 4 Machamp EX
  • 3 Spinarak (Ancient Origins)
  • 3 Ariados (Ancient Origins)
  • 2 Hawlucha (Furious Fists)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (Roaring Skies)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Korrina
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
Energy: 12
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 8 Fighting Energy

Strategy:

Basically what you want to do is use Ariados' ability (Poisonous Nest) to poison Machamp EX. Then you can do crazy damage with Mashamps attacks: Crazy hammer.

You can also use things like Fighting Stadium, Muscle Band and Strong Energy to increase the damage even more! For example if Machamp is poisoned, has a Muscle Band, Strong Energy and Fighting Stadium is in play you can deal 220 damage before weakness and resistance. (80+80+20+20+20=220)

Anyways feel free to leave suggestions and comments on my deck :)

Last edited:
Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Machamp EX
  • 3 Spinarak (Ancient Origins)
  • 3 Ariados (Ancient Origins)
  • 2 Hawlucha (Furious Fists)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (Roaring Skies)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 Korrina
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
Energy: 12
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 8 Fighting Energy
First of all, welcome to PokeBeach. I hope you enjoy the community.

By the way, you have 13 (not 12) Poké and 35 Trainers (not 36) listed.

A few thoughts for your consideration:

• From my experience, running 4 Korrina did not work well at all. There were too many times when I just needed "cards" vs. a single F Poké and an Item. So, 4 of these will definitely "conflict" with running the 4 Professor Sycamore and 4 N.
  • Why no Landorus to provide some energy attachment acceleration for your Champs? Otherwise, you have no good starting Poké in your deck currently, especially if your opponent is not playing EXs.
  • With Korrina, your dependency upon Ultra Balls is not too critical for finding needed Poké. 4 Ultra Balls seem excessive.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Korrina - you already have strong card draw power with the 9 Supporters and 3 Ultra Balls
+2 Landorus
+1 Professor's Letter - to get needed Basic energy or Trainer's Mail or 3rd Landorus

-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Level Ball - more critical to get your Basic Poké in place fast with no/minimum "cost" and can also be used to get Ariados

I hope you find these comments helpful.

oh, thanks I had no ieda I messed that up. I was kinda in a hurry to write this :)

Also thanks for all the feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So when Machamp and Ariados become standard legal, N, Colress, and Computer Search will all rotate out so they won't be in the format together. I would say:

- 4 N
- 1 Colress
- 1 Computer Search

+1 VS Seeker
+1 Shaymin-EX
+2 Shauna/Professor Birch
+2 Trainers' Mail

VS Seeker because it should be at least 3, Shaymin-EX for draw, Shauna/Birch for shuffle draw in place of N, and Trainers' Mail to help speed it up a little bit. As TuxedoBlack also said, some Korrina should be taken out.

Back