Mac Air

PaperAirplane :F

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, it's kinda weird nobdy has opened thread about - Mac Air.

What is it? Next Apple notebook - Macbook Air. Official site

It's really expensive computer with 80 GB HDD or 64 SSD (SSD = F A S T E R)

Well... What do you think about it? Discuss.

:F

Yes thinnest notebook in the world. I really like Mac products but I hear it's worth buying but probably shouldn't be the main computer you use unless you buy some extra's for it.

Really I thought they should focus more on a more advanced Macbook not a skinnier one.

I think it's overpriced and kitsch. It doesn't even have a CD tray-- You have to connect to another computer in order to install disk-based software. It's too expensive to not be a stand-alone independent computer!

The one-and-a-half (nearly TWO!) grand is better spent on a computer with some power.

Panda said:
Yes thinnest notebook in the world. I really like Mac products but I hear it's worth buying but probably shouldn't be the main computer you use unless you buy some extra's for it.

True

Really I thought they should focus more on a more advanced Macbook not a skinnier one.

Well... that's Apple. I like it that way, also with SSD disk it battery lasts much longer. That's kinda good. What exactly do you mean with advanced? It has good hardware for notebook, it's battery lasts quite long (with SSD very long) what more do you want?

Archimer said:
I think it's overpriced and kitsch. It doesn't even have a CD tray-- You have to connect to another computer in order to install disk-based software. It's too expensive to not be a stand-alone independent computer!

The one-and-a-half (nearly TWO!) grand is better spent on a computer with some power.

Overpriced? Which Mac isn't? At least you guys that haven't tried it yet say that. It's like the nicest computer ever with good hardware and best (yes, it's the best. Better than Linux and Wins, it's also open code) operating system. You can't play all games on it, that's true. But who plays those games? WoW is for Mac, Starcraft2, most Blizzard games, now EA makes games for Macs (Sims, Battlefield.....)... Kinda enough good games. I guess you have problems with viruses (some statistic says that computer that is connected to internet gets virus in 47 minutes average). Well... No virus problems with Mac.

It looks insanely cool, but I'm worried about how fragile the thing is. To me it looks like a two-year old could snap it in half.

Well Apple probably put some thought into how sturdy it would be they usually don't have a problems like that...usually.

Also it's really not a bad Notebook I just don't think a lot of people are ready to buy some extra gizmo's and pay extra for it.

Dr. Ooler :F said:
I guess you have problems with viruses (some statistic says that computer that is connected to internet gets virus in 47 minutes average). Well... No virus problems with Mac.

Problems with viruses? That's a hefty claim to make.

The Mac doesn't save you from virus problems-- its uncommon operating system does. It's not as popular as WinXP. You can enjoy the same security with Linux or FreeBSD, and not pay out your bum.

The time for widespread Mac viruses is fast approaching. The more popular OSX becomes, the more people will write viruses for it. It's not a matter of a stronger OS or anything like that-- It's merely a matter of popularity and feasibility as an effective target.

My father got it a week or so ago, it's so light, you almost can't feel it when you are carrying it.

Archimer said:
Dr. Ooler :F said:
I guess you have problems with viruses (some statistic says that computer that is connected to internet gets virus in 47 minutes average). Well... No virus problems with Mac.

Problems with viruses? That's a hefty claim to make.

The Mac doesn't save you from virus problems-- its uncommon operating system does. It's not as popular as WinXP. You can enjoy the same security with Linux or FreeBSD, and not pay out your bum.

The time for widespread Mac viruses is fast approaching. The more popular OSX becomes, the more people will write viruses for it. It's not a matter of a stronger OS or anything like that-- It's merely a matter of popularity and feasibility as an effective target.

Yes, that is true. But it's the most popular OS without bigger virus problems. Linux? Not popular enough. freeBSD - I don't know it = not pop enough. OS X is very popular with not many viruses.

It's a cool computer, but I'd be affraid of smashing it to pieces just by typing on it. -.-

I think my friend had one a little bit ago. Her parents bought it for her. Then, she blew it up trying to print a ton of pictures. It looks super thin, light, and cool. I wish I could get one.

dmaster out.

Back