• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Venusaur EX / Sceptile

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Treecko PRC 6
* 2 Grovyle PRC 7
* 2 Sceptile PRC 8
* 3 Venusaur-EX XY 1
* 3 M Venusaur-EX EVO 100

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
* 2 Crushing Hammer LTR 111
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PRC 162
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Venusaur Spirit Link EVO 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 10

* 10 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thought about building this deck around stalling. MVenusaur can lock up the opponent pretty hard and between the poison damage, paralysis, and healing from Sceptile seems like it would make it a tough nut to crack. Wanted to run a 3-3-3 line of sceptile, but I can't really find the room. wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Last edited:
Why the Chaos Towers? No matter which side you place it on it's going to stop one of your conditions you inflict

I think you can drop the hammers, Delinquent , and teammates for a bit more space. I would suggest forest of giant plants for sceptile instead of parallel.

+1-1-1 sceptile
+ 3 fOrestes of giant plants

- 2 parallel city
-1 Delinquent
-2 crushing hammers
-1 teammates

Crushing hammers as only 2 of isn't worth it. Delinquent isn't something you need since you want your deck to speed up. teammates isn't super great in ex decks.

I think you can drop the hammers, Delinquent , and teammates for a bit more space. I would suggest forest of giant plants for sceptile instead of parallel.

+1-1-1 sceptile
+ 3 fOrestes of giant plants

- 2 parallel city
-1 Delinquent
-2 crushing hammers
-1 teammates

Crushing hammers as only 2 of isn't worth it. Delinquent isn't something you need since you want your deck to speed up. teammates isn't super great in ex decks.

I have both. Parallel is a tech to deal with Rainbow Road and Rayquaza decks. I can agree on the Teammates, but I feel like the whole point of the deck is stalling and disruption which is a lot more effective if I can hobble their ability to just power up from the bench and escape rope in a powerhouse.

Hey , I tried this build with little success, however I found that Elixer/Energy Switch and Mega Turbo was really fast and consistent I have only lost like once with it
Here's my list:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Venusaur-EX PR-XY XY123
* 3 M Venusaur-EX EVO 100
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Energy Switch ROS 109
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Fisherman HS 92
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Venusaur Spirit Link EVO 89
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104

##Energy - 12

* 7 Grass Energy GEN 75
* 5 Grass Energy EVO 91

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:
The only problem with that is they can just Lysander out ur attackers if you take to long to power them up.
If you want to slow them down. you play 4 crushing hammers. on average only 2 are going to work anyway.

Back