Discussion M Venusaur EX/Garbodor

Yeah, in expanded it would be incredible. Elixir's plus Turbo's to get it powered up by turn 2 or 3. With Virbank your doing 150 then getting the KO coming back into your turn.

I don't play expanded myself, so I can't comment on how strong it'll be relative to other decks in the format. But the Battle Compressor/Mega Turbo engine should be a great option for MegaSaur
Agreed. In standard, the stally version of Venusaur may not even use the Spirit Link, but with it, Battle Compressor, and(2) Hex Maniac, this thing will be a monster in expanded. That is if it didn't have to face Vespiquen or Yveltal.

It's just sad that there's really no "hard counter" to garb yet. I mean, I've seen some people play Minccino from the Fates Collide set to remove tools, but if you're going to do that, then you might as well just play an extra Lysandre copy. But like you said before, when your abilities are locked sometimes it's just so hard to get out that Lysandre. In the end it might end up coming to the luck of the draw and I personally hate that.

Ya. It's tough without a hard counter for tools. Funny you mentioned Caccino. I've been running the card with Espeon EX and against Mega Decks. The card wreck some Havoc. Because Mew or Mew EX can use it's attack, you can switch off bettween Espeon and Cinccino attacks. I run Lugia EX to takes some prizes. It's easier to take prizes with Lugia when there is no Fighting fury belt. Or when they retreat, you switch/float out back into Mew or Cinccino and pull the belt off them to take the prize.

But ya, Mew paired Cinccino can make some great tech plays.

The other night, I played against mega ray ray and decked him.
Garchomp is an easy match up beck because they run a lot of rare candies. I devolve them with Espeon EX on bench and Mew EX in active.
Grinijia is an auto loss.

I play pokemon catcher. It's great against decks that run a lot of floats. You catch the pokemon in the active and remove the float stone. You then systematically start removing all tools because they are stuck. Usually they don't play the switch.

Back