• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Tyranitar

Supergingerkid

Aspiring Trainer
Tyranitar is my favorite pokemon and I've been trying for a while now to make him at least a little bit viable. With some of the newer cards out I thought I would try again. I would appreciate any feedback.

The strategy is pretty simple, use TMSB and Koko to put damage counters on your opponents pokemon so that M Tyranitar can pretty much one shot everything. Since his attack cost is two dark and two colorless I thought I would use dragonair to power him up. I was also thinking of add two DCE, but I'm not sure yet.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
* 3 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 92
* 2 Dratini SUM 94
* 2 Dragonair SUM 95
* 3 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 4 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 Tyranitar Spirit Link AOR 81
* 3 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hi, I am really interested in this deck 'cause i was also thinking about it.
Anyway I dn't have any advice for you 'cause I like your list, but I have some suggestions that I will adopt in order to satisfy my playstyle and also some necessities such as

-1 shaymin ex (don't have)
-3 team magma base (don't have)

+1 level ball
+2 altar of the moon
+1 professor sycamore

Also I have some question and maybe it will end with you actually helping me XD
1)why zero DCE? I mean looking at your list I couldn't find the place for them but, talking in general they are something I will absolutely play with M tyranitar and tapu koko
2)(another kind of question) M tyranitar is from ancient origins right? So it will stay in standard thanks to promo box that came out some day ago right?

1.) I just didn't think I could fit them, but I've been reevaluating that decision.
2.)No, Tyranitar is still going rotate because those are still the Ancient Origins cards.

Back