Discussion M Tyranitar-EX

ILS4

Aspiring Trainer
Would any one like to help me built a M Tyranitar deck from new set coming out?

as far as pokemon goes i was thinking,
3-3 T Tar ex
x3 zubat
x3 golbat
3-3-3 line up of vileplume

Since he can carry 2 tools i was thinking of using 1 or 2 weakness policies just in case i go up against Primal Groudon. i don't think i would worry about them removing my tools so easily since ill be using x4 giant plant forest. with that said my item slots would be much less then normal since i will shutting down my own tools as well. I don't know if any of you could understand where im going with this but if you do i would appreciate any ideas to fill in the blanks for the 60 card deck. thank you everyone.

side note, maybe i can fit some staple pokemon from the new set to counter grass or fighting???

You probably shouldn't use Vileplume with zubat, golbat, and T Tar. As it is a pokemon that needs a lot of set up. Being the energy, spirit link, mega evolution, golbat evolution to actually start working. Vileplume both takes up 9 slots in ur deck along with 4 giant forests, it also shuts down your items to help you grab all you need.

I mean it's an interesting idea, but I think you'll find the deck to be far less consistent than you would like.
HOWEVER, if you're playing GPF, then this might be a rare occasion where Forretress is better that 'Bats, since it evolves from a Grass-type. The other struggle is finding space for a non-Mega attacker as well as Yveltal to speed up the energy acceleration, but baby Yveltal is more the way to go. So maybe something like this?

2-2 M Tyranitar
2 Yveltal
3-3 Forretress
3-2-3 Vileplume

That's allot of Pokemon, but if you're rushing to get Vileplume in play then you can eat into the deck space typically reserved for Items.

you guys are right. i would need something to attack in the meantime while i set up. i wanna use the golbats for the 230+ damage. should i take away the vioplumes and add some attackers while i set up t-tar with some battle compressor and turbo charge. maybe i can take away the vioplume and add some eevees?

IMO it would be good to use the new sableye and dangerous energy (it only works on ex pokes but still) and set up that way. My future list will probably look something like this

3 Sableye AOR
3-3 Mega T-tar
1 yveltal ex
2-2 golbat

3 dangerous energy
6 dark
2 double colourless

4 mega turbo
2 battle compressors
2 tool retrievers
3 spirit link
2 muscle band