• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Scizor-EX / Bronzong / Dodrio

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Here is my own Varient of M Scizor - and it has wonderful maneuverability!

Pokémon: 17
  • 3 Scizor-EX
  • 3 M Scizor-EX
  • 2 Doduo
  • 2 Dodrio
  • 2 Bronzor (BKT 95)
  • 2 Bronzong (PHF 61)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Jirachi
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Winona
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 2 Reverse Valley
  • 1 Steel Shelter
Energy: 9
  • 4 Shield Energy
  • 5 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Simply develop your bench with a Dodrio and a Bronzong, while guarding and attacking with Scizor-EX. Dodrio gives Scizor free retreat, and makes it easy to use Gale Thrust for 110 Damage - in fact, you can modify the list to not have M-Scizor, and just attack with the unevolved version alone with Fighting fury belts. For this list, I put M-Scizor in for its disruptive value against opponents, and for HP stability.

Note the Max Potion and the Shield energy. I find that the deck is so disruption-proof, I can sacrifice energy for healing, and use special energy even in the face of the hammers. The compressor engine with Bronzong gives enough energy discarded to reuse, and more often than not, I use the compressors to discard my large variety of Supporter techs to bring out with VS Seeker.

The Biggest weakness: Fire Decks. It's pretty much an auto-loss there... But otherwise it works fine against most other decks I've faced. I haven't tested it against night march much, though.

Last edited:
I think Lanstar, since it's Steel type anyway, a single copy of the promo Jirachi or Aegislash-Ex could be a really neat addition here? Would help you against so many special energy driven decks, and even offer a stall tactic against some fire decks.

A single Winona might be a nice add too. Since you have a Compressor/Vs Seeker engine running anyway, she could ensure you get the Dodrio set up nice and early so the Scizor benefit from their "became active this turn" move early before they become MScizor too. Plus offer an alternate way to grab that early Shaymin if you whiff on Ultra Balls.

To make room for these I'd probably drop the Reverse Valley. I've found the ten damage rarely makes much difference. Misty's Determination doesn't strike me as too strong a card here (or anywhere) either.

If you are concerned by the auto-loss against fire at all, consider the inclusion of a single Seismitoad-EX. With dodrio's ability, it has a low retreat cost.

I just updated the decklist a little bit. The Winona idea was really helpful! I'm not sure about removing the Reverse Valley, though: 10 damage less isn't much, but with Shield energy and Steel Wing, it all really adds up quite nicely to protect against 1-hit knockouts.

While the free retreat of Dodrio may be nice, it is not necessary. Scizor EX and M Scizor EX are both 2 retreat cost. Since you are running Bronzong, paying the retreat is nothing since you can metal links the energy back. This lets you retreat a damaged Scizor/M Scizor and then Max Potion. Aegislash EX is key in this deck as stated earlier (greatly increases your chances against Night March).

If you drop the Dodrio line, you can add a 2-2 Zoroark (Stand In version). Drop the Winonna, Xerosic, Team Flare Grunt and the Gio, and add 2 Float Stone and 2 more Max Potion. I would also drop the Jirachi and add another Lysandre or Birch. 1 Shaymin works fine in this deck, so you can drop 1 for the Aegislash EX

To sum up

- 2-2 Dodrio
- 1 Winonna
-1 Xerosic
-1 Team Flare Grunt
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Jirachi

+ 2-2 Zoroark
+2 Float Stone
+2 Max Potion
+1 Aegislash EX
+1 Lysandre/Birch

Edit:
I almost forgot, a 1 of Sklya is good too, to grab the needed Spirit Link, Float Stone, etc... You could drop 1 shield energy for this. In fact I do not run any shield energy as it cannot be metal linked by Bronzong.

While the free retreat of Dodrio may be nice, it is not necessary. Scizor EX and M Scizor EX are both 2 retreat cost. Since you are running Bronzong, paying the retreat is nothing since you can metal links the energy back. This lets you retreat a damaged Scizor/M Scizor and then Max Potion. Aegislash EX is key in this deck as stated earlier (greatly increases your chances against Night March).

If you drop the Dodrio line, you can add a 2-2 Zoroark (Stand In version). Drop the Winonna, Xerosic, Team Flare Grunt and the Gio, and add 2 Float Stone and 2 more Max Potion. I would also drop the Jirachi and add another Lysandre or Birch. 1 Shaymin works fine in this deck, so you can drop 1 for the Aegislash EX

To sum up

- 2-2 Dodrio
- 1 Winonna
-1 Xerosic
-1 Team Flare Grunt
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Jirachi

+ 2-2 Zoroark
+2 Float Stone
+2 Max Potion
+1 Aegislash EX
+1 Lysandre/Birch

Edit:
I almost forgot, a 1 of Sklya is good too, to grab the needed Spirit Link, Float Stone, etc... You could drop 1 shield energy for this. In fact I do not run any shield energy as it cannot be metal linked by Bronzong.

Somehow, I'm skeptical about your changes: You're just switching a retreat engine with another retreat engine that requires more work to set up. Also, I chose Jirachi over Aegislash, as its move takes less energy to use, and still has the same effect.

Dodrio and Zoroark are both Stage 1 so the set up is the same, unless you consider the float stone more work. Zoroark's attack and ability are better than Dodrio in my opinion. Either way once you have 2 Bronzong on the bench, Scizor and M Scizor basically have free retreat.

I've been playing with this deck some. It's really good.

Just as fine tuning, I added an extra Max Potion since it's such a crucial card, and removed the Team Flare Grunt to make space.

Back