Discussion M Scizor Deck + SM Base Set Disruption

Francisco Marin

Aspiring Trainer
So with Sun and Moon being out for a month now do any of you think there are some cards worth adding to a M Scizor Deck besides Team Skull Grunt for disruption?

The biggest problem I've seen my Scizor decks is that there are so many reasons to use Volcanion now that Scizor is becoming harder. There is also the surge in things being paired with the type-changing Eeveelutions, like Umbreon and Lurantis that make Scizor have to watch out. I think that once Alter of the Sunne comes out in a month Scizor will be much improved since that cancels its weakness and gives it a chance against Flareon and Volcanion.

However, I also think that it's a hilariously fun time for Mega Scizor because so many things now rely heavily on Special Energy. Taurous, Passimian+Mew, Vespiquen, and Giratina/Salamence come to mind as Iron Crusher targets, and combined with the new Skull Grunt and a plethora of Hammers you could be really annoying. Kukui also helps get to the ever-important 130 number to KO non-FFB baby Volcanion and Yvletals.

tl;dr: It's a mixed bag for M-Scizor right now. I think it will be better when the next expansion is unleashed.

The only thing I can see working for it is Team Skull Grunt and Professor Kukui so you can hit important numbers. I would say to add Weavile for the chance you want to try Weakness Policy if you worry about fire decks.

The biggest problem I've seen my Scizor decks is that there are so many reasons to use Volcanion now that Scizor is becoming harder. There is also the surge in things being paired with the type-changing Eeveelutions, like Umbreon and Lurantis that make Scizor have to watch out. I think that once Alter of the Sunne comes out in a month Scizor will be much improved since that cancels its weakness and gives it a chance against Flareon and Volcanion.

However, I also think that it's a hilariously fun time for Mega Scizor because so many things now rely heavily on Special Energy. Taurous, Passimian+Mew, Vespiquen, and Giratina/Salamence come to mind as Iron Crusher targets, and combined with the new Skull Grunt and a plethora of Hammers you could be really annoying. Kukui also helps get to the ever-important 130 number to KO non-FFB baby Volcanion and Yvletals.

tl;dr: It's a mixed bag for M-Scizor right now. I think it will be better when the next expansion is unleashed.
Dont forget Dhelmise that adds 10 Damage per each on the bench for Metal Pokemon

Dhelmise – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Metallurgy
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your [M] Pokemon’s attacks does 10 more damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[P][C][C] Anchor Shot: 70 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Dont forget Dhelmise that adds 10 Damage per each on the bench for Metal Pokemon

Dhelmise – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Metallurgy
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your [M] Pokemon’s attacks does 10 more damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[P][C][C] Anchor Shot: 70 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

I don't remember this one.... is it out now or coming out in a future set?

Back