• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Rayquaza EX / Shaymin EX / Crobat

SeaDarnley45

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 20
  • 3 Rayquaza EX (ROS - Colorless)
  • 3 M Rayquaza EX (ROS - Colorless)
  • 4 Zubat (PF)
  • 4 Golbat (PF)
  • 3 Crobat (PF)
  • 3 Shaymin EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 N
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Colress
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Mega Turbo
Energy: 10
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Fairy Energy
  • 2 Steel Energy
  • 2 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

Most will be familiar with the RayquazaEX/ShayminEX combo by now, For the benefit of those who are not, Rayquaza's Mega hits for 30 times the number of your benched pokemon and Shaymin allows you to draw until you have 6 cards in hand when it goes from hand to bench.

The supporting cast is very interchangeable and this variant is designed to make full use of MRayquaza even when sky field is not up by using the bats ability to snipe opponents pokemon from the bench, The basic energy is completely irrelevant as every last pokemon in the deck attacks for colorless so i chose an even mix of fairy/darkness and steel to take advantage of opponents shadow circle/fairy garden and steel shelter respectively if they run them.

I don't get the opportunity to play very much so I would like suggestions on how to improve upon it and/or suggestions toward where the deck should look to post rotation.

Okay so just I just want to preface stating that since it's saying standard, I'm going to be conducting this based on that worlds is in a couple weeks, and after that alot of cards that are now standard will be moved to Expanded. So I will be looking at this from that point of view only.

Your deck is a very interesting take on the rayquaza build, and does make for an excellent ability to switch freely. I'm going to start with what can be taken out and then move on to what could benefit this deck.

To take out: 28 cards
- 4-3-3 bats: While a very interesting take on things, and is awesome for switching, Rayquaza already does enough to OHKO anything on the field.
- 2 Sycamore: Because with 3 shaymin, and all of your draw support you don't want to run through your deck so fast that you deck out before that last prize is drawn, especially with Trump card Banned from every format.
- 4 N: It will be taken out of Standard in about 2 weeks time, if playing expanded keep these cards :D
- 3 Colress: Again another set that will be taken out, but again keep if you are playing standard.
- 1 Computer Search: "^"
- 1 Proffessor's Letter: It will make sense in the next section
- 3 Mega Turbo: "^"
- 2/2 Fairy/darkness Energy: Dont worry about taking advantage of the gyms, Rayquaza only has a 1 retreat cost, and poison isn't what it once was.

Okay so for the next section, what can we add:
So now-a-days it's all about "how can we get the energy on our cards the fastest way possible?" So to do that we will want something other than Megaturbo, because of that pesky item locking Vileplum that is being released in a few days time of this post.
There are a few different popular Variants of this deck that go around, and work wonderfully.

Variant 1:
Metal Rayquaza - this deck will function around Bronzong, which has the Metal Links ability, which allows you to grab 1 metal energy from your discard and put it on a benched pokemon. Awesomely enough, Rayquaza is a colorless attacker, much like you said, and can advantage of the metal energy.

- 3-3x Bronzong: You will more than likely play all three due to the Sky Field Stadium, but you more than likely only need 2.
- 2-2x Riachu: downgraded version of M Ray, but does the same attack for x20 of all your benched pokes, and only for a DCE.
- 1x Aegislash: Cool card that gets stronger the more Metal energy you have attached to it but does 50 base damage for 3 colorless energy, and can't be damaged by pokes that have special energy attached, and lets face it most decks have some special energy.
-4x Professor Birch's Observation: Like N but only works on you, and flip a coin if heads draw 7, if tails draw 4. Also can run Shauna, which shuffles hand into deck, and you draw 5. Up to you.
- 1x Shaymin EX: add a 4th shaymin to round it all out.
- 1x Pokemon Fanclub: with so much shaymin you shouldn't run out of draw power, plus this can grab one as well as a ray quaza or whatever basic pokemon from you deck.
- 1x VS Seeker: might as well have the ability to draw a 4th supporter.
- 3x Trainers Mail: Allows you to search the top 5 of your deck for a trainer card. Very useful.
- 2x Battle Compressor: To get Metal and any other cards you might not need, also can get Supporters in there for VS seeker.
- 1x Sacred Ash: to get Pokes back in the deck.
- 4x Metal Energy(steel Energy): Because you can easily get them in the discard with Battle compressor or Ultra ball.

Variant 2
Electric Rayquaza - This variant uses Mega Manectric to hit other Mega rayquaza for super effective damage, as well as get 2 energy from the discard on one of your pokes. This time we use electric energy but same premise minus M Manectric will attack to give the energy.

- 3-3x M Manectric: Attack for 110 base, and put two energy from discard on benched pokemon, nice against a mirror, and puts energy on rayquaza on bench and it retreats FOR FREE!
- 3x Manectric Spirit Link
- 1x Lugia EX(mewtwo EX if Expanded)

No Aegislash, and No metals, instead run 7 Lightning energy.

The rest can of the cards are the same as above

Sorry this was so long, but again these are my thoughts, I hope they help, if at all, don't feel forced to any of it :D

Back