• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo Y / Bronzong / Zoroark BREAK

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I've been testing out this deck, and so for, I love using it a lot!

Pokemon: 20
  • 3 Mewtwo-EX (Photon Wave)
  • 2 M Mewtwo EX (Psychic Infinity)
  • 2 Zorua (Whiny Voice)
  • 2 Zoroark (Stand In)
  • 1 Zoroark BREAK
  • 3 Bronzor (Breakthrough)
  • 3 Bronzong (Metal Links)
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Sky Field
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 5 Metal Energy
  • 2 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

This deck uses Bronzong to energy accelerate both M Mewtwo and Zoroark. It's quite quick to set up this attack scheme, and it has surprisingly good synergy, with Zoroark to help switching in and out, and even the Bronzongs can attack when your opponent uses Regice to block you. Aegislash is there to block DCE users.

Now, I might remove the single Zoroark BREAK - I usually just use it for the HP boost. But either way, it is quite amazing how even with just a DCE alone on M Mewtwo Y or even Zoroark can do very significant damage. Any feedback is welcome!

Hi Lanstar,

Nice deck. Not sure whether I would want three evolutions in one deck. Maybe consider to run 3 Sableye AT as initial accelerator and stick to Zoroark and M Mewtwo Y as the main attackers. How did three evolution lines work for you?

The AT Sableye sounds like an interesting idea... I just haven't gotten them yet, as they aren't in the online card game right now. As much as there are 3 evolution lines, It isn't that hard to get them out, with the Hoopa Shaymins, and Sky Field. In fact, it is somewhat like playing a Metal Rayquaza deck - you set up everything quite quickly on the first turn, so the clunky lines don't affect the gameplay too much.

I'll keep testing, and try it with sableye when they're available. Thank you for your ideas!

I've been testing out this deck, and so for, I love using it a lot!

Pokemon: 20
  • 3 Mewtwo-EX (Photon Wave)
  • 2 M Mewtwo EX (Psychic Infinity)
  • 2 Zorua (Whiny Voice)
  • 2 Zoroark (Stand In)
  • 1 Zoroark BREAK
  • 3 Bronzor (Breakthrough)
  • 3 Bronzong (Metal Links)
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Sky Field
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 5 Metal Energy
  • 2 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

This deck uses Bronzong to energy accelerate both M Mewtwo and Zoroark. It's quite quick to set up this attack scheme, and it has surprisingly good synergy, with Zoroark to help switching in and out, and even the Bronzongs can attack when your opponent uses Regice to block you. Aegislash is there to block DCE users.

Now, I might remove the single Zoroark BREAK - I usually just use it for the HP boost. But either way, it is quite amazing how even with just a DCE alone on M Mewtwo Y or even Zoroark can do very significant damage. Any feedback is welcome!
I'd personally gut the 2 Dark Energies, the 2 Skylas, and the Zoroark BREAK for at least 2 more Metal Energies, a 3rd Mega Mewtwo EX (Y), and probably some more consistency cards like a 3rd Shaymin, some more draw supporters, or a Jirachi Promo or two. Other than that, this list looks real solid, if only cities in my area were Standard format...

I don't think so!! It may be true about the space, but I would happily take some trainers out and place a few rare candies. Like the 3 sky fields. Not to mention the Mega Turbos. I'm pretty sure there is room here for some candies or even Magnetons.
About the consistency, I've faced multiple situations in which I couldn't power up my active Mewtwo because Bronzong only helps benched pokemon. In fact I lost multiple times because I couldn't increase the damage output from my active mewtwo-ex.

I don't think so!! It may be true about the space, but I would happily take some trainers out and place a few rare candies. Like the 3 sky fields. Not to mention the Mega Turbos. I'm pretty sure there is room here for some candies or even Magnetons.
About the consistency, I've faced multiple situations in which I couldn't power up my active Mewtwo because Bronzong only helps benched pokemon. In fact I lost multiple times because I couldn't increase the damage output from my active mewtwo-ex.
You run Zoroark, and Float Stone. Plus, with Magnezone, you actually need to have the energies in hand, whereas with Bronzong you can just chuck 'em into the discard, which actually goes hand-in-hand with the high Ultra Ball demand in this deck.

You run Zoroark, and Float Stone. Plus, with Magnezone, you actually need to have the energies in hand, whereas with Bronzong you can just chuck 'em into the discard, which actually goes hand-in-hand with the high Ultra Ball demand in this deck.

These are both solid tactics.

Though I think the decks require certain demands on the trainers they are a bit bewildering. With Zorak in there for the switch, it makes the deck run a tad slow. It allows the opponent to setup faster. The deck runs a bit smoother with the standard escape ropes and switches. Zorak sort of bogs it down and creates a slower setup.

The Magnetons is a solid setup. The reason for this is that N went away. And with free retreat on magnmite, it makes the deck even better. Fisherman and energy retrieval solve the problem of getting cards in your hand. Still, the deck runs a bit slow. And I think Raiuku is a solid play for the deck as he is only a one prize card lost versus a two prize card lost.

What I'm seeing with M MEW TWO EX is that it actually doesn't do enough damage on the top tier decks. It always appears to be just shy of the knock out. I think that is because a lot decks are just so energy efficient that energy stacking isn't always there on the cards.

Generally speaking, it's a lot easier to set up a Stage 1 than a Stage 2. Also, Bronzong gets Energy out of the discard pile, meaning that you can recycle Energy after one of your attackers goes down. It's the more natural choice for this deck.

Generally speaking, it's a lot easier to set up a Stage 1 than a Stage 2. Also, Bronzong gets Energy out of the discard pile, meaning that you can recycle Energy after one of your attackers goes down. It's the more natural choice for this deck.
Great job clarifying it.

This is pretty much why I chose Bronzong at first sight.

Now, Magnezone technically could work, too, but to to pull it off, I would have to really dismantle the entire deck list so that it would be centered towards getting Magnezone out as quick as possible. I'd rather post that kind of new deck list in a new thread anyways if did this.

About Mega Mewtwo: I find that you don't have to always go for the I hit KO when you develop it. It's better at the start as a two hit attacker like M Manectric if you get it out early, then if you can develop it at the endgame, that's when you can put quite a lot of pressure against your opponent to go for that single big attack to win the game.

Also, just remember that I don't use Zoroark just for a mere free retreat - It also works great as a Non-EX attacker as well, and it helps me when must deal with particular EX blockers. I could use Heatran instead if I find the line too clunky as I use it, though.

I'm thinking of doing a few changes to this list sometime - I finally got a third M Mewtwo to use, and I'm finding that a sacred ash/super rod can also help quite a bit. Thank you all for your feedback!

Really like your build.
Moreover Zoroark foul play is insane...And could help against BIG EX Attacker.

Yes Mora, I agree. Though in this new standard format with the free retreat coming off Magenimite, Brigite able to spread the pokemon bench, and your hand not getting shuffled on setup, the card becomes viable. I've been testing raichu break and have been getting Magnezon up between 2nd and third round. Because bronzong goes to the bench, and the deck is still looking for that zorak to switch out, the evolution's are starting to break even a bit in standard.

The Magenimite deck with skyla, Wally, Rare Candy, natural evolution, and Brigite can overwhelm at times because the deck can evolve faster in the format. I think the major issue is play style. The deck requires a bit of patience where you might be holding on to that Professor Sycomore while you setup versus discarding it for more cards. Usually, with the bronzong decks, patience is rarely required.

Fisherman is a great play with the deck too.

Back