• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo Y / Bronzong (Revised: Needs Shaymin)

Grimsashi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 19
  • 3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64
  • 3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
  • 3 Bronzong PHF 61
  • 3 Bronzor BKT 95
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 91
  • 2 Aegislash-EX PHF 65
  • 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36
  • 1 Zorua BKT 89
  • 1 Zoroark BKT 91
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Brigette
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy: 10
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

1 open

Strategy:

Bronzong is the main engine for energy. While Zoroark uses stand in to allow M Mewtwo-EX to get energy on the bench then return back to active.

Changelog:

-1 Zorua
-1 Zoroark
+1 Aegislash-EX

Last edited:
As far as suggested changes to your deck, consider:

-1 Hex Maniac - IMO, this is more to disrupt your opponent, but may disrupt your operations more

+1 Level Ball - to help get Bronzor out faster
+2 Professor Birch's Observations for more card-draw support

Hmm,
So I have been play testing this deck now a few times, and I feel this deck draws dead a lot of the times. Maybe its just my luck. I considered and tested out adding more Birch in the deck, but I'm not a huge fan of him, since of the chance to only draw 4 cards can stop this deck dead in its tracks.
First of all:
This deck really need:
Shaymin-EX

I have considered running Zoroark, I think it will help make the deck flow better with Bronzong.
I am planning on:

-1/2 Birch
-1 Parallel City
-1 Heatran

possibly -1 Aegislash-EX, but I feel this is a very strong card to have

+2/2 Zoroark
+1 or 2 Shaymin-EX
+1 Brigette, over level ball IMO works better at getting bronzor out

Hoping to get some feedback on what else I could do to help optimized this

Hey I've recently run this deck at city championships and I will say 2 Aegislash-EX makes a HUGE difference. It really helps against Night March, Fighting/Bats, Vespiquen, and Gengar-EX/Trevenant. I feel Zoroark should be run at 1-1 in this deck just simply from play testing it 2-2 isn't that necessary.'' Also Parallel City is a fantastic counter to Manectric/Bats, Fighting/Bats and Night March I think that should be run over Sky Field. Also for this deck especially 2 Lysandre is really helpful to bring up an anything setting up

+1 Aegislash-EX
+2 Parallel City
+1 Lysandre

-1 Zorua
-1 Zoroark
-2 Sky Field

Hope this helps! :)

-Gabking5458

Hey I've recently run this deck at city championships and I will say 2 Aegislash-EX makes a HUGE difference. It really helps against Night March, Fighting/Bats, Vespiquen, and Gengar-EX/Trevenant. I feel Zoroark should be run at 1-1 in this deck just simply from play testing it 2-2 isn't that necessary.'' Also Parallel City is a fantastic counter to Manectric/Bats, Fighting/Bats and Night March I think that should be run over Sky Field. Also for this deck especially 2 Lysandre is really helpful to bring up an anything setting up

+1 Aegislash-EX
+2 Parallel City
+1 Lysandre

-1 Zorua
-1 Zoroark
-2 Sky Field

Hope this helps! :)

-Gabking5458

Yeah, I agree about the Zoroark. From the little I play tested 2-2 bulked up the deck. So I had planned on changing it to 1-1.
I do like what Aegislash-EX brings to the table, so I will try out another one.
As far as the sky field, it was my intention to maximize the amount of Bronzong on my bench, but its a bit of a struggle to get that many Bronzongs out.

Back