• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo EX (Y) / Togekiss

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
OK, I am still looking for some cards I need for this deck, and I would like to know how to alter it before I get them all. If you have any thing to say, please leave a post! I would appreciate any help. Thanks! :D

Pokemon: 14
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (BKT 62)
  • 3 M Mewtwo EX (BKT 64)
  • 2 Togepi (ROS 43)
  • 2 Togetic (ROS 44)
  • 2 Togekiss (ROS 46)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS 77)
Trainers / Supporters / Stadiums: 33
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Cassius
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Skyfield
  • 2 Tierno
  • 1 Town Map
Energy: 13
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 1 Mystery Energy
Strategy:

We use Togekiss to power up our M Mewtwo with energy, and Shaymin to get more cards. We can either use Skyfield to have more Togekiss and Shaymin on the bench, or Shine of Memories to use Damage Swap and heal ourselves. When XY10 is out, I will replace Super Scoop Up and AZ with Devolution Spray, as it is way more effective. Again, any feedback will be appreciated. :D

I run a very similar bench for a Ho-Oh EX deck. Personally, I found the Super Scoops to be a little unreliable when it was my sole source of energy acceleration. I swapped out my Scoops for max elixirs and had way more success. In your case you may even get a mix of elixirs and mega turbos.

I don't really see how a bigger bench with Sky Field is going to help TBH. Shrine of Memories is critical for a Mewtwo Y deck via Damage Change healing, but I feel as though you can get the job done with Togekiss/Shaymin with 5 slots. Having more non-attack backline will only leave you vulnerable IMO.

I'd also advise swapping out a single AZ, Birch, and Sky Fields for VS seekers, and add one or two Battle Compressors to reliably get energies in your discard for mega turbo, and supporters you may need later available at any time via VS seeker.

TLDR:
-1 AZ
-2 Sky Field
-1 Birch
-1 Mystery Energy (I get retreating is nice, but no reliable way to get it when you need it.)
-3 Super Scoop Up
-2 Professor's Letter (Togekiss energies come from the deck and mega turbos from the discard pile. Multiple energies in your hand is a waste)

+4 VS Seeker
+1 Level Ball
+1 Shrine of Memories
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Battle Compressor
+2 max elixir (Energies come from the deck like Togekiss)

I'd say get rid of DCE. It kinda works against Togekiss anyway. Just go straight 12 or 11 psychic energy. Mystery is meh too IMO. Shrine of memories is basically the superior option IMO. Sky Field is kinda pointless. Bridgette might be pretty good in this deck. Wish Toge line was Normal cause Winona would be amazing. Why no VS Seeker? lower some of your support numbers and add in VS seeker. You'll probably want a Xerosic to counter Garbage door.

+4 VS Seeker
+1 Level Ball
+1 Shrine of Memories
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Battle Compressor
+2 max elixir (Energies come from the deck like Togekiss)

Max Elixir only works on basics, so it's pretty much wasted on this deck.

Max Elixir only works on basics, so it's pretty much wasted on this deck.

It's more of a personal preference I suppose. While running mega decks I find there are times when spirit links don't come when you want them and mega turbos don't apply. If i had both, I'd elixir, evolve, then turbo.

Thanks for the help! I forgot about VS Seekers. I don't see use for another Level Ball, as it can only grab two Pokemon. Also, Max Elixir might work sometimes, but it might be a little unreliable. I might add another Mewtwo, should I run both versions? Or just one, and which one?

Back