• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo Ex deck

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Saw decklist online about Mewtwo EX, and being that Mewtwo is my favorite pokemone, I am interested in playing a Mewtwo deck in touraments.

Monsters: 16
4 Mewtwo EX (XY107 promo)
2 M Mewtwo EX X (BKT)
2 M Mewtwo EX Y (BKT)
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
2 Trubbish (BKP)
2 Garbador (BKP)
1 Zygarde Ex (FAC)

Trainers: 32
4 Professor Sycamore
1 N
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Float Stone
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
1 Hex Maniac
1 Lysandre
1 Assault Vest
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Weakness Policy
2 Parallel City
2 Shrine of Memories
3 Mega Turbo
1 Skyla

Energy: 14
2 DCE
7 Psychic
5 Fighting

I am trying out the M Mewtwo Ex along with Zygarde EX because seems Darkrai/ Yveltal varainst could be tough matchup due to their resistance to pshycic. Otherwise could swithc to 4 M Mewtwo ex Y's and take out fighting but thought this set up could be good. Any insight would be gladly appreciatted it. Basically the setuo is to get out Garbador and spam Mewtwos out and just beatdown.

I would recommend sticking to MM2 Y having to sacrifice efficiency and speed, for damage that can still be easily outdone by the other one isn't really that strong, same with Zygarde EX it wouldn't really fit with MM2 Y here are my suggestions:
-2 Mega Mewtwo X
-1 Zygarde EX
-1 Vest
-1 Policy
-1 Skyla
-5 Fighting

+1 Mega Mewtwo Y
+4 Trainers' Mail
+ 2 DCE
+1 N
+1 Lysandre
+ 2 Max Elixer

Hope this helped

I would recommend sticking to MM2 Y having to sacrifice efficiency and speed, for damage that can still be easily outdone by the other one isn't really that strong, same with Zygarde EX it wouldn't really fit with MM2 Y here are my suggestions:
-2 Mega Mewtwo X
-1 Zygarde EX
-1 Vest
-1 Policy
-1 Skyla
-5 Fighting

+1 Mega Mewtwo Y
+4 Trainers' Mail
+ 2 DCE
+1 N
+1 Lysandre
+ 2 Max Elixer

Hope this helped
Thanks for the insight, after playetsing, I agree with you 100% MM2 X slows it ,along with Zygarde EX. Any other suggestion?

Last edited:
Anything that's an EX, so yep, you can get Mega Mewtwo EX as well.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply.. in addition to prevous reply... I do not know if max elixer would work well with being only so few basic enegry in the deck. i feel 3 mega turbo will be helpful and go from there, any insight?

Using Max Elixir with just 7 basic energy sure isn't a good idea, the chances of getting an energy is pretty low.
I usually use max elixir in decks with at least 10 basic energy and even with this amount of energy, sometimes (like 30%-40% chance) I still don't get any energy.
Using basic energy in a Mega Mewtwo EX deck have only one usage, to energize your Mega with Mega turbo, but with so few basic energy cards, you will end up most of times discarding your mega turbos before having any energy in your discard pile, so I think it might be useful to add some Professor's Letter to help getting them to discard them with Sycamore or Ultra Ball.
I'd add 2 professor's Letter
Or
1 professor's Letter and keep the skyla (in fact I'd add another skyla, so that you would have 2 skylas)
Skyla seems like a very useful card for your deck, since you can get the stadium, or professor's letter, or ultra ball, or Mega turbo, or anything else you might need.

Using Max Elixir with just 7 basic energy sure isn't a good idea, the chances of getting an energy is pretty low.
I usually use max elixir in decks with at least 10 basic energy and even with this amount of energy, sometimes (like 30%-40% chance) I still don't get any energy.
Using basic energy in a Mega Mewtwo EX deck have only one usage, to energize your Mega with Mega turbo, but with so few basic energy cards, you will end up most of times discarding your mega turbos before having any energy in your discard pile, so I think it might be useful to add some Professor's Letter to help getting them to discard them with Sycamore or Ultra Ball.
Or
1 professor's Letter and keep the skyla (in fact I'd add another skyla, so that you would have 2 skylas)
Skyla seems like a very useful card for your deck, since you can get the stadium, or professor's letter, or ultra ball, or Mega turbo, or anything else you might need.
Oh ok, I understand where you are coming from, i really like Skyla as well, though do not see many others who do, but as you said can get alot of cards, not just supporters. Intewresting, ill look into professor letters might help; main way i utilize mega turbo is through discarding energy for an ultra ball. Do you think energy count as is is where it should be too?

If you are going to be using 4 DCE and Professor's Letter, I think it's more than enough (if you choose to use 2 Professor's Letter, you can even take off one more energy, making it 6)

Ah and theres something very crucial for this deck that you aren't using, which is Special Charge.
You will need it in order to recycle your DCEs (since you mostly will end up getting hammered or grunted, or even when your M mewtwo is KO'd)
You might consider adding 2 Special Charge.

Edit: I'd also -1 Weakness Policy and add +1 Spirit Link

If you are going to be using 4 DCE and Professor's Letter, I think it's more than enough (if you choose to use 2 Professor's Letter, you can even take off one more energy, making it 6)

Ah and theres something very crucial for this deck that you aren't using, which is Special Charge.
You will need it in order to recycle your DCEs (since you mostly will end up getting hammered or grunted, or even when your M mewtwo is KO'd)
You might consider adding 2 Special Charge.

Edit: I'd also -1 Weakness Policy and add +1 Spirit Link
Yea forgot about special charge, I think i will try 1 out for now and see if that is sufficient. Also was contemplating taking out super rod for Brock's grit, not sure though

I think super rod might be better, you mainly will use it to recycle pokémons and its an item.
but it's up to you, the only good thing about brock's is in late game when you have it in your discard pile already, but being a supporter sometimes really hurt.

I think super rod might be better, you mainly will use it to recycle pokémons and its an item.
but it's up to you, the only good thing about brock's is in late game when you have it in your discard pile already, but being a supporter sometimes really hurt.
Good point, being a supporter hurts it, I think ill stay with super rod then. Should I play a team flare grunt myself?

Last edited:
Or
I think Elixers would work well due to how quickly Mewtwo can shrink your deck to around 20 cards

I think Elixers would work well due to how quickly Mewtwo can shrink your deck to around 20 cards
I got a friend that plays M Mewtwo with elixirs, but he only uses them, no mega turbos because using both makes the deck less consistent.
Both of them are good cards, but I guess mega turbo is more consistent, since it's a certain way to energize your pokémon.
With so few energy cards in the deck, theres a good chance of some of them going to the prize, making it even more difficult to get them with elixir.

I got a friend that plays M Mewtwo with elixirs, but he only uses them, no mega turbos because using both makes the deck less consistent.
Both of them are good cards, but I guess mega turbo is more consistent, since it's a certain way to energize your pokémon.
With so few energy cards in the deck, theres a good chance of some of them going to the prize, making it even more difficult to get them with elixir.

Yea, inilatyy was thinking playing 3 Turbos and 2/3 elixers would be tough and think turbo is bit more reliable with as few energys as there are but im not opposed to playtesting out and see wht happens but tough to make enough spots for all of them i think

Monsters: 14
3 M Mewtwo EX X (BKT)
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
2 Trubbish (BKP)
2 Garbador (BKP)

Trainers: 37
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Float Stone
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
1 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Super Rod
2 Parallel City
2 Shrine of Memories
3 Mega Turbo
1 Skyla
1 Special Charge

Energy: 11
4 DCE
7 Psychic

This is what I have as the list so far, any other suggestions would be appreciatted.

Monsters: 14
3 M Mewtwo EX X (BKT)
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
2 Trubbish (BKP)
2 Garbador (BKP)

Trainers: 37
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Float Stone
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
1 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Super Rod
2 Parallel City
2 Shrine of Memories
3 Mega Turbo
1 Skyla
1 Special Charge

Energy: 11
4 DCE
7 Psychic

This is what I have as the list so far, any other suggestions would be appreciatted.
Took out 1 psychic energy and 1 skyla, so currently at 60, but I feel like skyla is useful but not sure what to take out for it, or if anyone has anynmore insight

You are already using garbodor, so whats the need for hex maniac? You can take it out if you want.

Back