• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mawile EX/Florges Break

TopHatCat

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there guys! So lately I seem to keep getting Fairy damage quests... and, yeah that's a pretty tough one for sure haha! Sure not gonna get it with my Enchanted Echo's theme deck. So I decided to whip something up!

I know she isn't the best, but I really liked the look of Mega Mawile, whilst she can't OHK other EX's, she should be able to waste the opponents resources by discarding energy cards. With so many decks these days relying on special energies to function (double colourless, double dragon energy, etc), I think it could be pretty decent.

I did my research online, checking other decks, taking the best bits, making something of my own.... But, I must admit, I'm struggling a little with this one, I think I'm trying to fit too much into 1 deck.

Pokémon - (20)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
  • 1 Hoopa-EX (AOR 36)
  • 3 Xerneas (STS 81)
  • 3 Flabébé (FLF 63)
  • 3 Florges (BKT 103)
  • 2 Florges BREAK (BKT 104)
  • 3 Mawile-EX (PR-XY XY103)
  • 3 M Mawile-EX (PR-XY XY104)
Trainers/Supporters - (29)
  • 4 N
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Mawile Spirit Link
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy - (11)
  • 11 Fairy Energy Energy

What I really wanted to do, was make a deck that ramps up into M Mawile (or stall with Florges) combined with Energy disruption like Crushing Hammer and Team Flare Grunt... however I found that deck space was faaaar too tight. Which is a shame because I would have really liked to run some... but honestly I don't think it would fit/would probably make the deck worse.

I tried to force Xerneas into the deck, it's such a good ramp card I couldn't help myself and it's another Basic which the deck sorely needs. I was basing this list off a lot of out of date deck lists, ones that ran Aromatisse (XY 93) to help you move your energy about.
But now with Florges and everything costing 1 less, you can easily get off all your attacks for just 2 Energy!! (This includes Florges herself, Mawile and Xerneas!)

Maybe the deck would benefit from some Mega Turbo's? I know in a lot of games I felt like I wanted some way to recover my energy like a Fisherman or Energy Retrieval.. but again, limited deck space and... eh I dunno, need to test the deck more.

Hoopa is perfect for drawing your Mawile's out and he can even have a free retreat with 1 energy and Fairy Garden if things get desperate.
Skyla is fantastic in the deck, being able to draw out your Spirit Links and Rare Candy, (heck even Ultra Ball to fetch Hoopa or Florges if you need to).

I thought about including some Fairy Drops... but honestly with Florges Break being in the deck I didn't feel it was needed, would just be overkill.

But yeah, over all I'm just unsure on numbers, unsure on cards... I still need to play-test it a lot more but for now would welcome all help and advice!
biggrin.png
Thanks for reading!
biggrin.png

Attachments

• MMawile.png
    MMawile.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What about just dropping the florges line. its kinda klunky i feel. with all that evolving. and instead run 2x xerneas break as an alternative attacker add some max elixirs. and some more energy/ more consistency cards. like trainers mail. and why 3 skyla? and why skyla at all

Back