• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M Manectric EX: Super Saiyan Dorito

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Alrighty, so this deck is what I'm putting together for Expanded. More than anything, this is for me to have a digital copy of the decklist on-hand at all times. (o u o)b
This list was more-or-less built by Lukiido. A couple things were my ideas, though.

Pokémon: 13
  • 3x Manectric EX
  • 3x Mega Manectric EX
  • 2x Regice (AOR)
  • 2x Shaymin EX
  • 1x Keldeo EX
  • 1x Hoopa EX
  • 1x Manaphy EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 14
  • 4x N
  • 4x Professor Juniper
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 1x Colress
  • 1x Hex Maniac
  • 1x Pokémon Center Lady
  • 1x Xerosic
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 3x Puzzle of Time
  • 1x Computer Search

• 3x Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2x Float Stone

• 3x Rough Seas
Energy: 13
  • 4x Lightning Energy
  • 4x Rainbow Energy
  • 3x Water Energy
  • 2x Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Manectric and Mega Manectric are obviously the primary attackers of the deck. Regice is my EX stall. Shaymin, Keldeo, and Hoopa are all fairly obvious. Manaphy is in the deck to facilitate switching, with the Aqua Tube ability, like Darkrai's Dark Cloak in the Dark decks.

This is more-or-less the final list at the moment. Suggestions are still welcome, though!

Good deck idea, but it still needs some tweaking IMO.

What is your reasoning for 4 copies of N? Usually you want 1-2 copies for the Battle Compressor/VS Seeker combo, but 4 seems excessive. Also, M-Manectric only attaches BASIC energy from the discard, so I would alter your energy counts to be 6 lightning, 4 water, and 2 DCE. Another good tip for any deck is to run 4 copies of Puzzle of Time or none. Most of the time, you want to be using 2 at once, so 4 would make that easier to achieve. Although 4 is better than 3, IMO this deck does not need any copies to function properly. if you are worried about losing Spirit Links, play an extra copy to ensure that you can mega evolve without ending your turn. Lastly, Battle compressor is a necessity in this deck for discarding energy for Turbo Bolt, and for the use of VS Seeker late-game to get supporters back from the discard pile. Hopefully you will take my suggestions into consideration. Here is a summary of the changes I think would help the deck.

-2 N
-3 Puzzle of Time
-4 Rainbow Energy

+2-3 Battle Compressor
+2 Lightning Energy
+1 Water Energy
+0-1 Manectric Spirit Link
+0-1 Sacred Ash (To recover Pokemon that have been KO'ed or discarded)
+1 Manectric ex (To increase the chance of starting with it)
+1-2 Max Potion (Great utility card, especially with M-Manectric)

Good luck testing!

Good deck idea, but it still needs some tweaking IMO.

What is your reasoning for 4 copies of N? Usually you want 1-2 copies for the Battle Compressor/VS Seeker combo, but 4 seems excessive. Also, M-Manectric only attaches BASIC energy from the discard, so I would alter your energy counts to be 6 lightning, 4 water, and 2 DCE. Another good tip for any deck is to run 4 copies of Puzzle of Time or none. Most of the time, you want to be using 2 at once, so 4 would make that easier to achieve. Although 4 is better than 3, IMO this deck does not need any copies to function properly. if you are worried about losing Spirit Links, play an extra copy to ensure that you can mega evolve without ending your turn. Lastly, Battle compressor is a necessity in this deck for discarding energy for Turbo Bolt, and for the use of VS Seeker late-game to get supporters back from the discard pile. Hopefully you will take my suggestions into consideration. Here is a summary of the changes I think would help the deck.

-2 N
-3 Puzzle of Time
-4 Rainbow Energy

+2-3 Battle Compressor
+2 Lightning Energy
+1 Water Energy
+0-1 Manectric Spirit Link
+0-1 Sacred Ash (To recover Pokemon that have been KO'ed or discarded)
+1 Manectric ex (To increase the chance of starting with it)
+1-2 Max Potion (Great utility card, especially with M-Manectric)

Good luck testing!

Ahh, sorry for my delayed response! Got busy with school. Thank you very much for your feedback!

And for the N, the decklist that I was inspired by had 4, and I didn't really think anything of it, honestly. Thank you for your contribution! (And thankfully, I have two Battle Compressors. They're gettin' pricey...)

In my lists I like to run 1-2 black kyruem EX (PLS). I think its really good to have the option to deal 200 damage. Mewtwo EX/Lugia EX are also good options.

IMO, the Rainbow energy doesn't really help. Instead of the Rainbow energy (which you can not recover via MMan'sTurbo Bolt attack, consider replacing those with:

+2 L or Flash (for Weakness protection)
+1 W
+1 Mewtwo EX (to counter any opponent's Gallade (BKT))

Back