• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Regice

Pointseeker

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 13
  • 4 Manectric EX
  • 3 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 2 Regice AOR 24
  • 1 Articuno ROS 17
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Rough Seas
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 1 Sacred Ash
Energy: 11
  • 7 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

The goal of the deck is to get Manectric out as soon as possible, then use Hoppa (or ultra ball for one) to get a Mega, other Manny, and/or Shaymin out. Use Turbo bolt to power everything up and rinse and repeat. Rough Seas helps wash away the pain since MManny is free retreat. I have been testing the deck out and has been working pretty good.

Things I was considering:
Havent used Articuno much so thinking of replacing with LugiaEx.
Changing out 2 Lightnings for (2) Flash energy.
Replace Hex Maniac with Battle Compressor

Let me know what you guys think and if there are any other improvements

I think you only need 3 Spirit Links since you only have 3 Mega Manectic. Also I think that 4 Trainer's mail is a little excessive since you also have Acro Bike. Have you considered adding any BreakPoint cards? In my Opinion Super rod is better than Scared Ash, because it can get you energy if you need it. Here are my suggestions:

- 1 Manectric Spirit Link
- 1 Trainer's Mail
- 1 Sacred Ash
- 1 AZ (you could replace this with Max Potion, its reprinted in BreakPoint. That way you don't need to discard tools attached to pokemon.)

+ 1 Super Rod
+ 2 Battle Compressor
+ 1 Professor Birch's Observations

You NEED Battle Compressor in this deck to discard Energy for acceleration onto pokemon.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Even though I only have 3 Megas I want to increase my odds that I get a Spirit link which is why I threw the extra one in there. You are probably correct on the 4 trainer mails. Thanks for the Super Rod tip, I totally forgot about that one.

So leave my 4 Sycamores in and add another draw card (Prof Birch)?

Havent had a chance to really comb through the new BreakPoint so not sure what would work in this deck.

I run this deck and I have a few ideas that you might enjoy and want to run.

First, I started running delinquent the second I got my copy and it is the most op card in my deck. It won me every mirror match I played at my store, and it helps tremendously to get rid of your opponents pesky stadium when you can't seem to pull your own Rough Seas. In addition, I took out escape ropes and put in Manaphy Ex due to its free retreats for anyone attached with water energy! E.g. almost every single of my Pokemon get free retreat, other than shaymin who I rarely put energy onto. To help make manaphy more effective, I also put my water energies to 5 instead of 4 and it works wonderfully.

In addition to what Fangz said, I would 100% recommend taking out sacred ash and put super rods in. They also help me in longer games when I run out of energy and just need to pull some more from the deck.

I hope this helps!

I might have to try out that delinquent. I am not sure about switching sacred ash for super rod though. I would rather put pokemon back in my deck then energy since I can use MegaMan to attach energy when needed. If I get 2 MMan out then I can just swap them back and fourth as I wash off damage. I also may swap out Articuno and Regice for another attacker. Since playing this deck I have not had to use either of them so I think they may just be a waste. Yea Regice can be good against a heavy EX deck but it takes a lot to power him up and usually by that time I can have 1 MMan already powered up. I am also thinking of adding a Float stone for Hoppa as a lot of people like to Lysandre him.

Back