• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Lugia EX

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
Hi there.
This is a deck I am planning to use for high tournaments very competitively and would like some suggestions on what to change in the card count(s).

Pokémon: 15
  • 4 Lugia EX- AOR 68/98
  • 3 M Manectric EX- PHF 24/119
  • 3 Manectric EX-PHF 23/119
  • 3 Shaymin EX-ROS 77/108
  • 1 Hoopa EX-AOR 36/98
  • 1 Raikou-BKT 55/162
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 M Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Lightning Energy
Strategy

Get out the Manectric line by turn 2 and have a Lugia on the bench. Attack with Turbo Bolt for the energy transfer after Battle Compressor to get the Lugia charged up.

Last edited:
I think you don't need 4 lugia's in the deck to make this work. It preforms just fine by having 2. I actually placed second at a league tournament with a similar deck but i ran a 4-3 manectric lineup with 2 logia's and a hoopa. I would drop the 2 ace trainers and possibly include a shauna or birch because you already run a judge and ace trainers only work if you are not winning. The two energy switch could be possibly substituted for crushing hammers, and your pokemon fan club could be substituted for hex manaic. Some food for thought

Yeah I might lower the Lugia count by 1 and 1 Ace Trainer and maybe a Energy Switch but not the Pokémon Fan Club but occasionally I am stuck without any Lugia so I may also not be sure about the Lugia.
I need your thoughts on adding Seismitoad EX or the ROS Altaria line

Back