• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Houndoom / Entei (Help for Cities)

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
So I am thinking of running this as my cities deck due to its success lately any criticism is welcome

Pokémon: 11
  • 3 M-Houndoom EX
  • 3 Houndoom EX
  • 3 Entei (Non ancient trait AO #14)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Houndoom Spirit Link
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Tool Retriever
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Scorched Earth
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Blacksmith
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energy: 11
  • 7 Fire Energy
  • 4 Burning Energy
Strategy:

Is to set up mega Houndoom and start inferno fanging away hopefully for 180 with a muscle band or Giovanni's scheme. Tool retriever works better than I thought it would as I could take the spirit link of an already mega evolved Houndoom and put a muscle band on him and put the spirit link on a regular Houndoom for future use, also with head ringers and jamming nets. Only one blacksmith is necessary I think. The mega turbos are better for Houndoom as I can charge him up in one turn. Silent lab is great after I have used my shaymins to slow my opponent down and last thing Entei is a great non ex attacker hitting hard with combat blaze. Any suggestions are welcome thank you.

You'll need a way to deal with Regice, it completely shuts down your main attacker and can ohko Entei which is your only answer to it right now. I was thinking Aegislash EX as a tech, but it might be hard to power up without DCEs.

Why don't run the bats version?
It gives you more options, even against deck like nightmarch, or Hammertime!

You'll need a way to deal with Regice, it completely shuts down your main attacker and can ohko Entei which is your only answer to it right now. I was thinking Aegislash EX as a tech, but it might be hard to power up without DCEs.
I have tested against it and i do have a way around it in dealing enough damage with Entei but thank you anyways.

Why don't run the bats version?
It gives you more options, even against deck like nightmarch, or Hammertime!
The reason being I found the bats to be slightly inconsistent at least with the deck list I ran but like pointed out it can give more options so thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back