• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

M Gengar EX / Gengar EX / Celebi EX

Wookiee Scholar

Let the Wookiee win
Pokemon:

• 4 Gengar EX
    3 M Gengar EX
    2 Celebi EX
    2 Sigilyph (Plf)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Professor Sycamore
    2 N
    2 Colress
    2 Teammates
    2 Professor Birch's Observations
    2 Lysandre
    1 Skyla

2 Gengar Spirit Link
    4 Robo Sumbstitute
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Repeat Ball
    2 Switch
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone

2 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    1 Weakness Policy

3 Dimension Valley Stadium
Energy:

• 5 Psychic Energy
    4 Mystery Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy

Strategy:
The idea here is to use M Gengar like a normal Gengar EX, using Dark Corridor to hit and run, hiding behind either Robo Subs or Sigilyphs. However, if my opponent happens to play a pokemon with a strong attack, I can also use that.

Concerns:
1.) I either have great success, or get obliterated...and it all seems to depend on how quickly I get setup. The biggest problem has been consistently getting the energy I need.

2.) Question: If M Gengar EX has Rainbow Energy attached to him, can I use that for attacks that say to discard an energy (Pyroar from flashfire that says "You may discard a Fire Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 30 more damage.")?

Back