• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M Gallade EX / Crobat for Regionals

coolniceguy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:20
  • 3 M Gallade EX
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 3 Crobat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 4 Zubat
  • 1 Jirachi
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observation
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 N
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 3 level ball
  • 3 mega turbo
Energy: 9
  • 9 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Okay thx for reading leave comments below.

This is the deck I am planning on playing for regionals. This is my first post, so I might have done something wrong.

Last edited:
I would
-2 Psychic Energy
- Prof Sycamore
- Tierno
+ VS seeker
+ 3 Mega Turbo

You have no energy acceleration and I would even add another Mega Turbo if there is anything you could cut. But I haven't played that deck yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably take out tierno for mega turbo but I have Dimension Valley

This is a very good deck I made it when a lot of people were playing it in my area. I upgraded it little by little. Than I played it a cities and did very well, so I decided to play it for regionals.

First of all, please state your deck strategy; it would be helpful in providing more tailored feedback.

However, from my experience in running M Gallade decks, as well as Bats decks, I offer the following comments/observations for your consideration:

A 4-3-3 Bats line is very effective GIVEN that your strategy is to reuse the Bats' Abilities multiple times. For example, by picking up a benched Bat line, there will be an awaiting Zubat and/or Golbat that can receive those evolutions resulting in more damage counter drops. In these cases, a minimum of 3 Super Scoop Up are incorporated within the deck.

Your deck seems "slow" to setup. In cases where I've run a "heavy" line of Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 Pokémon, I've found it quite helpful to utilize Level Balls in order to get the needed Basic and Stage 1 Pokémon out quickly. In these cases, a minimum of 3 Level Balls are incorporated within my decks.

What is your "ideal" starting Pokémon and bench composition? How often can you consistently make that happen? Assuming your bench has at least 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Hoopa EX, will the remaining slots be sufficient to have the right mix of Pokémon for you to win most games?

At the moment, 50%+ of your Basic Pokémon are EXs; so, there is a good chance that your starting EX will be subject to some early damage and you may potentially "play from behind" early in prize count.

Running only 2 Stadium cards places you at a disadvantage, IMO.

Running only 2 VS Seeker seems quite insufficient to maximize your flexibility of accessing and reusing discarded Supporters unless your plan/strategy is use-reuse your Shaymin EX(s). If so, then your bench would seem to be "clogged up" to me. Thoughts?

Why no Mystery energy?
Lastly, you might find the following related thread of interest: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/psychic-deck-ideas-m-gallade-ex-gourgeist.127212/

First of all, please state your deck strategy; it would be helpful in providing more tailored feedback.

However, from my experience in running M Gallade decks, as well as Bats decks, I offer the following comments/observations for your consideration:

A 4-3-3 Bats line is very effective GIVEN that your strategy is to reuse the Bats' Abilities multiple times. For example, by picking up a benched Bat line, there will be an awaiting Zubat and/or Golbat that can receive those evolutions resulting in more damage counter drops. In these cases, a minimum of 3 Super Scoop Up are incorporated within the deck.

Your deck seems "slow" to setup. In cases where I've run a "heavy" line of Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 Pokémon, I've found it quite helpful to utilize Level Balls in order to get the needed Basic and Stage 1 Pokémon out quickly. In these cases, a minimum of 3 Level Balls are incorporated within my decks.

What is your "ideal" starting Pokémon and bench composition? How often can you consistently make that happen? Assuming your bench has at least 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Hoopa EX, will the remaining slots be sufficient to have the right mix of Pokémon for you to win most games?

At the moment, 50%+ of your Basic Pokémon are EXs; so, there is a good chance that your starting EX will be subject to some early damage and you may potentially "play from behind" early in prize count.

Running only 2 Stadium cards places you at a disadvantage, IMO.

Running only 2 VS Seeker seems quite insufficient to maximize your flexibility of accessing and reusing discarded Supporters unless your plan/strategy is use-reuse your Shaymin EX(s). If so, then your bench would seem to be "clogged up" to me. Thoughts?

Why no Mystery energy?
Lastly, you might find the following related thread of interest: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/psychic-deck-ideas-m-gallade-ex-gourgeist.127212/
okay i do need to add more dimeson valley but i play no mystery energy because jirachu promo is so popular right now and will really mess up my game plan also thx for the idea on level balls. My strategy is to sweep the field with Mega Gallade and reuse Shaymin and get Hoopa off the field and discard him when I am done using him. I use bats to help sweep the field and snipe off weak unevolved pokemon/night marchers.

Mega Gallade can really have potential when used with the Bats. I think you should drop a Shaymin, and Crobat and add 2 more Evosoda, otherwise this deck could be quite slow. Great deck though, very great idea! You should definitely play this for Reigonals.

As mentioned in your previous post, you plan "...to sweep the field with Mega Gallade...;" so, I am asuming you will initially use the Bats (both Ability and/or attacks, if need be) to place damage onto your opponent's "strategic" Pokémon in preparation for M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attack(s).

Given all the aforementioned comments/observations, I'd suggest the following deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Shaymin EX - helpful, but not critical and it presents an easy 2-prize target
-1 Hoopa EX - helpful, but not critcial if you can use an effective "Ball" engine to setup
-1 Jirachi (Stardust) - although you can remove a Defending Pokémon's Special energy, still not critical, IMO
-1 Lysandre - with the placement of damage counters, 2 seem excessive
-1 Escape Rope - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Evosoda - not really needed; you want to evolve your Bats "from your hand" in order to use their Abilities
-1 Switch - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Max Potion - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Pokémon Catcher - 50% of failure, IF you are not Item-locked (then it's 100% useless); can use Lysandre instead
-1 Psychic energy - 9 will be sufficient, IMO, since you are primarily only attaching 2 energy to M Gallade EXs

+1 Dimension Valley
+1 VS Seeker
+3 Level Ball
+2 Ultra Ball
+2 Super Scoop Up
+1 Super Scoop Up, Super Rod, Teammates, Trainer's Mail or VS Seeker

IMO, these changes will help improve your deck significantly.

Some closing comments:

• If you read that post I referenced above, then you will notice that players have different ideas about what Pokémon line to use to initially place (Bats don't really spread, except Golbat's attack) damage counters onto an opponent's field prior to using M Gallade EX to further "sweep" the field. There are advantages and disadvantages in using each Pokémon setup line (Bats, Forretress, Gourgeist).
  • Chances are, you may have Bats are starters and you may play from behind (i.e., in prize count) at times. Not to worry - the strategy is to spread damage till you can sweep with Unwavering Blade attack(s) to take multiple prizes for the win or at least position you for the game win on your next turn(s).
  • Keep in mind that the Bats do not spread damage across an opponent's field as much as they "target" individual opponent's Pokémon (which can be sufficient sometimes). Should your opponents play with large benches, M Gallade EX's "sweeping" is less effective since you may not have been able to place damage counters onto all of your opponent's benched Pokémon.
  • On the other hand, Bats are most effective when your opponents have "small" bench sizes. So, running Parallel City is actually an advantage for this particular deck variant. :)
  • Your Bats play can be significantly disrupted when your opponents play Hex Maniac (I actually won a game by playing HM 4 straight turns... lol).
Play-test, play-test, play-test. Have fun and good luck. I hope you find these comments helpful.

As mentioned in your previous post, you plan "...to sweep the field with Mega Gallade...;" so, I am asuming you will initially use the Bats (both Ability and/or attacks, if need be) to place damage onto your opponent's "strategic" Pokémon in preparation for M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attack(s).

Given all the aforementioned comments/observations, I'd suggest the following deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Shaymin EX - helpful, but not critical and it presents an easy 2-prize target
-1 Hoopa EX - helpful, but not critcial if you can use an effective "Ball" engine to setup
-1 Jirachi (Stardust) - although you can remove a Defending Pokémon's Special energy, still not critical, IMO
-1 Lysandre - with the placement of damage counters, 2 seem excessive
-1 Escape Rope - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Evosoda - not really needed; you want to evolve your Bats "from your hand" in order to use their Abilities
-1 Switch - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Max Potion - not really needed with the addition of more Super Scoop Up
-1 Pokémon Catcher - 50% of failure, IF you are not Item-locked (then it's 100% useless); can use Lysandre instead
-1 Psychic energy - 9 will be sufficient, IMO, since you are primarily only attaching 2 energy to M Gallade EXs

+1 Dimension Valley
+1 VS Seeker
+3 Level Ball
+2 Ultra Ball
+2 Super Scoop Up
+1 Super Scoop Up, Super Rod, Teammates, Trainer's Mail or VS Seeker

IMO, these changes will help improve your deck significantly.

Some closing comments:

• If you read that post I referenced above, then you will notice that players have different ideas about what Pokémon line to use to initially place (Bats don't really spread, except Golbat's attack) damage counters onto an opponent's field prior to using M Gallade EX to further "sweep" the field. There are advantages and disadvantages in using each Pokémon setup line (Bats, Forretress, Gourgeist).
  • Chances are, you may have Bats are starters and you may play from behind (i.e., in prize count) at times. Not to worry - the strategy is to spread damage till you can sweep with Unwavering Blade attack(s) to take multiple prizes for the win or at least position you for the game win on your next turn(s).
  • Keep in mind that the Bats do not spread damage across an opponent's field as much as they "target" individual opponent's Pokémon (which can be sufficient sometimes). Should your opponents play with large benches, M Gallade EX's "sweeping" is less effective since you may not have been able to place damage counters onto all of your opponent's benched Pokémon.
  • On the other hand, Bats are most effective when your opponents have "small" bench sizes. So, running Parallel City is actually an advantage for this particular deck variant. :)
  • Your Bats play can be significantly disrupted when your opponents play Hex Maniac (I actually won a game by playing HM 4 straight turns... lol).
Play-test, play-test, play-test. Have fun and good luck. I hope you find these comments helpful.

I would
-2 Psychic Energy
- Prof Sycamore
- Tierno
+ VS seeker
+ 3 Mega Turbo

You have no energy acceleration and I would even add another Mega Turbo if there is anything you could cut. But I haven't played that deck yet.

Mega Gallade can really have potential when used with the Bats. I think you should drop a Shaymin, and Crobat and add 2 more Evosoda, otherwise this deck could be quite slow. Great deck though, very great idea! You should definitely play this for Reigonals.

Thank u all I have made a lot of these changes and have done a 3 deck test so far and I won all of them. The changes I did not make is because of outcomes of older deck test. This is the list now :

Pokémon: 20
-3x M Gallade EX
-3x Gallade EX
-2x Shaymin EX
-1x Hoopa EX
-3x Crobat
-3x Golbat
-4x Zubat
-1x Jirachi

Trainers:
-4x Professor Sycamore
-2x Professor Birch's Observations
-2x Lysandre
-1x N
-1x Pokémon Fan Club
-1x AZ
-3x Gallade Spirt Link
-3x Dimension Valley
-3x VS Seeker
-3x Level Ball
-3x Mega Turbo
-1x Escape Rope
-1x Super Scoop Up
-1x Startling Megaphone
-1x Pokémon Catcher
-1x Ultra Ball
Energy
-9x Physic Energy

There are 31 trainers and 9 energy btw the cards I took out is 1xTierno, 1x Physic Energy, 1x Switch, 1x Evosoda, 1x Croat, 1x Golbat, 1x Max potion, and 1x Giovanni's Scheme.

Could you please update the deck list in your original post with the changes? Thanks!

Back