• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Alakazam EX

CxSPrisma

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Alakazam EX FAC
  • 4 M Alakazam EX FAC
  • 2 Absol ROS
  • 2 Shaymin EX PHF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Alakazam Spirit Link
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Red Card
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 4 Professor's Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Dimension Valley
Energy: 7
  • 7 Psychic Energy

53 Cards total, any suggestions for me to add?
-No Hoopa because bench space (tested)

Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is to simply evolve alakazam to its mega to put counters then zen force for the KO, absol combo can be used to KO high HP pokemons, repeating the cycle with scoop ups.

Absol Combo
Alakazam -> M alakazam (2 counters, 3 counters to 1 one of the bench)
Play absol (move 3 counters to active) =5 counters
Zen force would do 210 total damage (KO's most Ex's and some Mega's)

Last edited:
I think your math is off. Zen force would only do 160 damage. 30 damage for each counter, 5 total counters, +10= 160

I think your math is off. Zen force would only do 160 damage. 30 damage for each counter, 5 total counters, +10= 160

"Damage total"

So, yes, Zen Force would do 160 damage as you've stated but then add the 50 damage that is already on the opponent's active Pokemon for a total of 210.

I'm running two hoopa and a 3 sky field/1 dimension valley line. You grab out three or four alakazam, two or three shaymin, two hoopa on turn one. Then you drop sky field off with your dimension valley and put the squishy shaymin and the hoopa in the discard. Then you can AZ or scoop up the last hoopa, ultra ball it away and bring out the absol.

Things you are definitely missing is a couple (you don't need a full four) devolution sprays, two or three mystery energy (better than float stone), hex maniac and if you don't like my turbo build Wobbofett with the ability lock. You will need a way to get around carbink and Wobbofett is the best option.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Absol ROS 40
2 Alakazam-EX FAC 125
2 Alakazam-EX FAC 117
3 M Alakazam-EX FAC 26
2 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

Trainer Cards - 37

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Lysandre AOR 78
4 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
1 Skyla BKT 148
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
2 N FAC 105
3 Sky Field ROS 89
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
4 Alakazam Spirit Link FAC 90
2 Devolution Spray FAC 95
1 Max Potion BKP 103
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 AZ PHF 91

Energy - 8

5 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm thinking of cutting something for a wobbofett but need to test more to work out what. The max potion is awesome as a lot of the time you are only attacking for one (your one dimension valley is probably your main puzzle of time target if they are killing it off).

I would like a second dimension valley but three sky field is a sweet number as you really need to get it down turn one before you ultra ball a second time.

I normally play

UB>Hoopa>Shaymin, Shaymin, Hoopa>Skyfield off shaymin with trainers mail is pretty concrete>Hoopa>3x alakazam or M alakazam mix depending on what else you have managed to shaymin for>Sycamore>Dimension valley or Dimension valley>sycamore. Kill off the two or three shaymin to get them off the bench as they are easy targets. Later AZ the hoopa left for space to Absol if they haven't killed off one of your dudes.

See bats is where I went first with this, but it's super clunky. I tested it for about a day before I gave up. You just have too much you need to do, and too little time and resources to do it. But it might work for you. There are some good lists on youtube.

Yeah that youtube dude said it better than I did, but same principal. I do like his idea of mega turbo, will test that. Been ages since I had played a mega deck forgot all about it.

IMO, you want some Pokémon to "setup" your opponent's intended target Pokémon you plan to KO. 'Kazam is not ideal as a starting Poké and since it is an EX and does not have a good initial attack. Bats, I found, can be Hex Maniac'd or Garbotoxin'd at inopportune times too. So, I'm next testing the 'Trees as my starting Poké and to setup the opponent's field for 'Kazam to cleanup.

Last edited:
UB>Hoopa>Shaymin, Shaymin, Hoopa>Skyfield off shaymin with trainers mail is pretty concrete>Hoopa>3x alakazam or M alakazam mix depending on what else you have managed to shaymin for>Sycamore>Dimension valley or Dimension valley>sycamore. Kill off the two or three shaymin to get them off the bench as they are easy targets. Later AZ the hoopa left for space to Absol if they haven't killed off one of your dudes.

You're aware that Hoopa can't grab other Hoopas, right?

Yeah I think that was a typo, it was kinda late when I wrote that, but it's easy enough to find a second Ultra Ball off two shaymins. With trainers' mail and supporters and stuff I don't find my self stalling the second hoopa unless it's prized.

Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Alakazam Ex FAC
  • 4 M Alakazam Ex FAC
  • 2 Absol ROS
  • 2 Shaymin Ex PHF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Alakazam Spirit Link
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Red Card
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 4 Professor's Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Dimension Valley
Energy: 7
  • 7 Psychic Energy

53 Cards total, any suggestions for me to add?
-No Hoopa because bench space (tested)

Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is to simply evolve alakazam to its mega to put counters then zen force for the KO, absol combo can be used to KO high HP pokemons, repeating the cycle with scoop ups.

Absol Combo
Alakazam -> M alakazam (2 counters, 3 counters to 1 one of the bench)
Play absol (move 3 counters to active) =5 counters
Zen force would do 210 total damage (KO's most Ex's and some Mega's)
Cut the Dimension Valleys and the Red Card for 4 Skyfields. Then run 3 Mega Turbos and 2 Hoopa EX. Add in 2 Shaymins and an 8th Psychic Energy. Then I guess cut a Sycamore for a Skyla, and put in 2 Battle Compressor. Cut the Megaphone and the 2nd N. I might cut the 4th Mega Alakazam also for space.

Hope this helps!

Cut the Dimension Valleys and the Red Card for 4 Skyfields. Then run 3 Mega Turbos and 2 Hoopa EX. Add in 2 Shaymins and an 8th Psychic Energy. Then I guess cut a Sycamore for a Skyla, and put in 2 Battle Compressor. Cut the Megaphone and the 2nd N. I might cut the 4th Mega Alakazam also for space.

Hope this helps!
I disagree with all those decisions I've playtested with a similar deck list to hers and did pretty well

Hello I have had great success running a different variant of M alakzam. I do not have the complete list of all trainers and supports so I will not list. The pokemon that are ran are:
1 Hoopa EX
3 Alakazam EX
3 M Alakazam EX
1 Gengar EX
1 Ageslash EX (used to counter and stale NM so you can snipe bench by evolving Alakazam)
1 Wobbuffet
2 Shaymin EX
with 4 scoop ups, 2 az, and 2 devolution sprays you can spread a lot of damage across the board. I do run Hex manic for the Garatina matchup. Gengar EX also helps get 3 damage counters on the board quickly with out energy requirement (Dimension Valley). no need for skyfield imo. just run 4 D-valleys and az the hoopa and shaymin's away. I do run two battle compressor 8 basic energy. Like I mentioned Ive had great success only deck that it struggles against is NM and trees. Garatini was easy to beat with ageslash in active then when they Hex you az or scoop it up and attack with mega alakazam. Sorry for any misspelling. I also run two float stone and your usual 4 vs seekers and 4 trainer's mail

Back