• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Aggron EX / M Gengar EX / Mewtwo EX

silentes

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone! I'm actually posting this for my daughter. She is 11 and made this deck up. I told her I could post it here to see if there are ways to improve it. We are somewhat new to pokemon so we appreciate any help.

Pokemon: 14
  • 2 Aggron EX
  • 2 M Aggron EX
  • 3-3 Bronzong
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 2 Cobalion
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 2 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Trick Coin
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Tool Retriever
  • 3 Battle Compressors
  • 3 Switch
Energy: 12
  • 8 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Her strategy, which may not be the best, is to use whichever of the 3 as the attacker. She prefers Aggron but it can take her a bit to charge it up.

EDIT: Made changes proposed by DeathCat27 below​

Last edited:
This deck lacks a focus. If you want to improve her deck, it should be designed to do something, and all of the cards in the deck should synergize with that strategy rather having some good Pokemon in your Pokemon in your deck and using whichever one you draw into first. It sounds like your daughter likes Aggron a lot, so I'd suggest you take out 2-2 M Gengar and the 2 Energy Retrieval for a 3-3 Bronzong line. That's the one with Metal Links that lets you attach Metal Energy from your discard pile to your Benched Pokemon. That should help her power up Aggron a bit faster. Oh, and obviously replace all of the Psychic Energy with Metal Energy.

I agree with Mora's suggestions. I would focus on Mega Aggron and build from there.

- 1 Mewtwo EX
- 2-2 M Gengar EX
- 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
- 4 Professors Letter
- 2 Energy Retrieval
- 2 Gengar Spirit Link

+ 3-3 Bronzong
+ 3 Shrine of Memories
+ 2 Tool Retriever
+ 3 Battle Compressors

And replace the psychic energy for metal energy.
My idea for this is to use the Bronzong Metal Link to just accelerate the Energy onto Aggron. You can use Battle compressor to take the energy from your deck to your discard pile. I saw you weren't using any stadiums, I suggest Shrine of Memories. In my opinion if you can use a stadium you should, if for nothing more than getting rid of your opponents. I like using Shrine with Mega Aggron just so he has the option of using Ragging Hammer after he gets some damage on him. I saw you were running a Trick Coin for M Aggron and thought you could use Tool Retrieval to remove the Spirit Link so you don't lose a turn Mega evolving.

I think this would run a little more smoother.

Thank you Mora and DeathCat27. This helps tremendously. I will make the changes and we will play a couple games to see how it works out.

I was looking through our cards and I was wondering what you would think of Aegislash-EX?

Thanks again!

Aegislash Ex is a really nice addition. I have a Full Metal Deck and use him in there. He makes a nice wall with his ability and could give her a little time to charge up her Aggron. Also Heatran could be something to look at if Sigilyph or Suicune is a problem for her.

I actually think Cobalion Non Ex is better than heatran. Its first attack does 20+ 20 for each energy on the defending pokemon for 2 energy. Its second attack does 80 for 3 energy and the defending pokemon can't attack next turn. So if your opponent can't switch out. You can easily just wall them out by preventing them from being able to do anything.

We played a few games and she was having issues getting pokemon. We have one Aegislash EX she can add and we think we have a couple of the Cobalion or Heatran. Should she bump up her Ultra Balls to 4 to help with getting pokemon or will simply adding more pokemon help with the situation?

Yeah I think you could drop 2 Evosoda for 2 Ultra Ball since they're able to search out Bronzors to get set up. Back when I played the Dialga variant, I went back and forth between 2 Pokemon Fan Club. I remember not being too impressed with it, but I seemed to miss it when it was gone. I would also drop a Float Stone, Jamming Net, and Head Ringer for 3 Switch to deal with all of the heavy retreat costs. Another good Pokemon to include is Mr. Mime so that if you still flip tails, you don't put a ton of damage on your Bench.

Alright. Taking in the above suggestions here is what we did.

-3 Evosoda
-1 Head Ringer
-1 Jamming Net
-1 Shrine of Memories
-1 Float Stone
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+1 Aegislash EX
+2 Cobalion
+3 Switch
+2 Ultra Ball

When we added the above suggestions, which we like a lot ty, we still needed to get rid of 3 cards. I took a wild stab at what I thought would be the best to get rid of. We talked about the lone Evosoda that was left and given we added 3 pokemon that didn't have evolutions we thought it would buy enough time to evolve the other pokemon on there own time through draw or Ultra Balls so we voted out the last Evosoda. The Enhanced Hammer and Shrine of Memories were the other two we decided to ditch. It still leaves 2 stadiums and 1 enhanced hammer which we think might be ok?

Thanks everyone again for helping out! She is liking her deck more and we will practice a few games tonight to try these changes. Hopefully it solves the getting pokemon out issue.

-Evosoda
-startling megaphone
-tool retriever

+xerosic (superior to megaphone as it can discard the dce from toad as well as garbodor)
+victini ×2 LTR very good in agron decks as it let's you reflip for attacks, hence letting you get the 240 damage (I would add more but I can't find the space for it)

Looking a lot better! Could please you update the deck list to reflect the changes you made? Thanks!

Yep I should have done that before RedDistrict posted i think. So where my deck stands now is up to RedDistrict's post. We don't own any Victini's of that sort. I will change out a xerosic for a megaphone though. Updating top thread again.

Back