Discussion Lysander's Trump Card

PokeMagician

Aspiring Trainer
118.jpg

Did anyone here use this card in their deck. If so what are you replacing it with?

Last edited:
A lot of decks used Trump Card; some decks can run without it, but some depended on the ability to recycle resources quickly. I didn't use it that much myself but from what I've read up on here and there, some decks just need a general rework to make them viable again.

Other people can explain it a lot more thoroughly than me, though. ^^;

Did anyone here use this card in their deck. if so what are you replacing it with?
Lots of people used Trump Card in there deck. It gave the ability to use powerful resources including ACE Specs, Hypnotoxic Lasers and Crushing Hammer, as well as defy the decking win condition, which lead to its ban in recent times. Before the ban people often replaced another Supporter of some kind (maybe an N or something similar) due to ability to technically reuse all of them.

Well in all fairness the card did seem a little unfair so it's not really a surprise for me that it got banned.

The only change I've really made to my decks is adding an Energy Retrieval to each one.

Overall the change didn't hurt me much (outside of helping counter Night March) because I rarely relied on it anyway. I'm used to keeping track of my deck count from all the previous years. :p

It's changed the make up of decks. Decks now-a-days are very highly focused on one attachment attackers that can set up without much resource usage, or bulky Pokemon that can withstand them.

It's also killed speed decks as a viable strategy. Speed Rayquaza is pretty much Rogue for its performance now (it places like a Rogue deck should), while the much more consistent and most importantly efficient Metal (Gear) Ray is much more effective.

Back