• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycanroc GX

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Beachers,

Just got this bad boy from a couple of trades and its very powerfull...
The move set is very good, specially if you hiting for weakeness.
I'm having alot of success with it in ptcgo, it really can go head to head to all of the metadecks
One important note about this deck is that you MUST play aggressive with sycamore and scorched
Hope you guys enjoy it!

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee AOR 63
* 2 Shaymin EX ROS 106
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Rockruff PR-SM SM06
* 3 Lycanroc-GX PR-SM SM14
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainers - 31

* 3 Trainers Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Level Balll AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 11

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 7 Fighthing Enegy

I'll second Tanure on this deck as he beat me with it last night. An especially good play since there are so many Darkrai decks running around.

Hey Beachers,

Just got this bad boy from a couple of trades and its very powerfull...
The move set is very good, specially if you hiting for weakeness.
I'm having alot of success with it in ptcgo, it really can go head to head to all of the metadecks
One important note about this deck is that you MUST play aggressive with sycamore and scorched
Hope you guys enjoy it!

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee AOR 63
* 2 Shaymin EX ROS 106
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Rockruff PR-SM SM06
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainers - 31

* 3 Trainers Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Level Balll AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 11

* 7 Fighthing Enegy
Have you considered Lycanroc GX (Guardians) as a free Lysandre and Regirock to boost damage output. Also, I would focus more on disruption as that's what makes Lycanroc great, so I'd add hammers, Grunts, etc.

I'll second Tanure on this deck as he beat me with it last night. An especially good play since there are so many Darkrai decks running around.

I had to find a way to beat your darkrai's wish haha!

Have you considered Lycanroc GX (Guardians) as a free Lysandre and Regirock to boost damage output. Also, I would focus more on disruption as that's what makes Lycanroc great, so I'd add hammers, Grunts, etc.

I'm definitely considering the midnight form when it comes out, thinking about a 4 - 3 (midday) 2 (midnight).
About the regirock, I never felt short of damage, the deck trades damage very efficient, and all of the mons have 1 retreat cost, what makes lyzandre stall bad against me, I think regi will add clunkness to the deck.
I also tryied the disruption build, its good too but the results of this list I posted are way better, in this format with alot of DCE, mega turbos, elixir etc, I think the combat biuld works better. Im sure when the format slows down a bit the hammers/regirock build will do alot more damage.

I had to find a way to beat your darkrai's wish haha!

I'm definitely considering the midnight form when it comes out, thinking about a 4 - 3 (midday) 2 (midnight).
About the regirock, I never felt short of damage, the deck trades damage very efficient, and all of the mons have 1 retreat cost, what makes lyzandre stall bad against me, I think regi will add clunkness to the deck.
I also tryied the disruption build, its good too but the results of this list I posted are way better, in this format with alot of DCE, mega turbos, elixir etc, I think the combat biuld works better. Im sure when the format slows down a bit the hammers/regirock build will do alot more damage.
Just saying Both Lycanroc GXs have the same name so I'd recommend a 3 (Midday) and 1 (Midnight)

I didnt realize that, so I agree, 3 (Midday) and 1 (Midnight) looks like the way to go!

Are you actually able to beat Lurantis and Volcanion with the Eevees? I've been playing the deck a lot on ptcgo with a list similar to yours, minus the Eevees and with hammers, it does well against everything but Lurantis, Volcanion, and Vespiquen. The energy recovery and weakness from these decks just makes it impossible to win.

Are you actually able to beat Lurantis and Volcanion with the Eevees? I've been playing the deck a lot on ptcgo with a list similar to yours, minus the Eevees and with hammers, it does well against everything but Lurantis, Volcanion, and Vespiquen. The energy recovery and weakness from these decks just makes it impossible to win.

Yes, the deck is able to beat lurantis and volc because of the eevees, but even with it, you need to rush and find your lizandres, since they set up energy in the beanch, you have to kill the mons with all the energy

How has this run against M Mewtwo / M Gardevoir / M Rayquaza? I would think it would possibly trade pretty well with M Mewtwo and M Rayquaza because of the energy denial. What I am less sure about is how it would trade with M Gardevoir.

I played against a deck like this running my Darkrai / Togekiss deck. It didn't go well for me LOL!

How has this run against M Mewtwo / M Gardevoir / M Rayquaza? I would think it would possibly trade pretty well with M Mewtwo and M Rayquaza because of the energy denial. What I am less sure about is how it would trade with M Gardevoir.

I played against a deck like this running my Darkrai / Togekiss deck. It didn't go well for me LOL!

None of the matchup you asked are easy... I fell like they are a matter of setup, if Im able to run throw my deck fast (sycamore/scorched) and lyzandre/Lycan Fang they first mega, the games tend to be more easy.
When i start slow, carbink is a very good wall, comebacks are very real.

I think this is going to be a big threat in a near future, this deck have alot of potetial, even against weakness, flareon makes it possible.
Making an update to the hammers version, I still trying it and still prefering the "combat" version.

I want to make a lycanroc deck is your list fun to play? and how easy is the darkrai matchup?

I'm having alot of fun with this list, the cards are a little expensive but for me it's 100% worth.
Unless you dead draw the matchup is pretty much an autoloss for darkrai.

I've found a well-timed Parallel City (or 2) made a big difference in my match-ups against players running M Gardevoir EX decks.

Last edited:
##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee AOR 63
* 2 Shaymin EX ROS 106
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Rockruff PR-SM SM06
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainers - 31

* 3 Trainers Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Level Balll AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 11

* 7 Fighthing Enegy
I'd suggest you consider replacing 1 of your Float Stone with an Olympia which would provide far greater flexibility.

Back