Ruling Lv. X and Dirge

Suraako

Elemental Master
I think I may know the answer to this, but just to be sure: would Shiftry EX's Dirge hit Lv. X and non-Lv. Xs the same? As in, if your opponent had two Empoleons and two Empoleon Lv. Xs out and one of those was active, Dirge would deal 60 to all of them, right? From what I've heard, Lv. X's are basically the same as the card they leveled up from, just with some more capabilities.

97.jpg

It will only be out for this season, then all exs will be gone like my life did after that scroll riddle first came out on pokebeach.

Dirge comes in handy against a LOT of decks. Anything that plays Unowns, for instance. Or other Shiftry ex decks. And indeed LVL X decks too.

Thanks a bunch, guys! I thought it would be pretty effective since most people have at least two Pokemon with the same name out at the same time. That and Skill Hack is pretty sweet too :D

One more thing about Shiftry... if I use Skill Hack, can I use a Pokemon Lv. X's attack? It says I can use an attack from a Basic or Evolution, and with the new D/P rules "a Basic Pokemon or Evolution card" is now treated as "a Pokemon." So would a Pokemon Lv. X count as "a Pokemon"?

Back