• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Luxchomp deck needs metagame tweaking (Masters, Cities)

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 22

2 Garchomp C
2 Garchomp C Lv. X
2 Luxray GL
1 Luxray GL Lv. X
1 Dialga G (or Blaziken FB)
1 Dialga G Lv. X (or Blaziken FB Lv. X)
1 Lucario GL
1 Bronzong G
1 Toxicroak G (promo)
1 Crobat G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Drifblim FB
1 Roserade GL
2 Uxie
1 Uxie Lv. X
1 Azelf
1 Chatot MD

T/S/S: 25

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
3 Energy Gain
4 Poke Turn
2 SP Radar
2 Looker's
1 Aaron's Collection
1 VS Seeker
1 Luxury Ball

Energy: 13

2 {L}
2 {P}
2 Basic {M} (or {R})
4 {C}{C}
3 Call

Well, you probably know the basic strategy with this - snipe things when they're still small, target weak points, etc. However, this deck simply doesn't have the oomph it used to. That's where you folks come in.

Now my metagame consists mostly of Gyarados, Vilegar w/Gengar Prime tech, SP's, and Jumpluff, with a few rogue decks like Steelix Prime/Blissey. That said, can you help me modify this deck? For example, given my metagame, is Blaziken or Dialga a better fit?

Dialga would be a good tech for Spiritomb/Vileplume+Gengar Prime (situational Body there though).

Blaziken would be a good tech for Jumpluff, Vileplume (to a certain extent), and Steelix.

Overall, it just depends on the decks you feel like you want to counter more. The numbers of the decks is a factor, as well as how easy the matchups are if you don't have one or the other.

dmaster out.

Well, the Blaziken seems to cover more bases (and is more mobile), so I guess he goes in.

BTW, how do you use Blaziken against Vileplume? The latter's Psychic-weak.

Also, what to do about Pokemon with Rescue Energy attached?

Blaziken can Luring Flame Vileplume, but that's pretty much it. If they have Warp Energy, you're still kinda screwed. Another strategy could be Bright Look Vileplume and then Zen Blade it for the OHKO from Uxie Lv.X, but that's harder to do.

As for Rescue Energy, I would say use similar tactics to getting around Fainting Spell. Crobats work, Poison, or Burn work to get some damage on to kill.

dmaster out.

For Gyarados Get Snipes with Garchomp or Brightlooks on their bench pokemon for KOs. Eventually a Gyarados player will run out of Flash Bites (use sprays to make this faster) and have to belt. Then you knock it out with your luxray waiting on the bench with Lucario for 2 prizes. As long as you force them to use resource to OHKO you will win the game, and this is saying you can recover/have a solid start to exchange prizes. The only tech you need is Lucario and in my opinion its a staple in this meta for LuxChomp.

Back