News Lusamine from SM4 Revealed!

This is going to be played in a good amount of decks for the Supporter recovery, but I can also see this being played in Drampa decks after Field Blower has been used for recovering Po Town.

I think it would be better to use the supporter that you get from the discard pile the same turn you retrieve it and put it in your hand with Puzzle of Time or something.
But you have to use 2 copies of Puzzle of Time to get 2 cards back, which isn't all the time. Plus 2 copies also add 40 more damage to Trashalanche. google also went over why Puzzle of Time is a poor Vs. Seeker substitute.

As mentioned above, Lusamine is basically a balanced version of Vs. Seeker because Vs. Seeker lets you use the supporter you got right away, while Lusamine forces you to wait till the next turn to use the one(s) you recovered.

unless we'll see a Pokemon that would let you use more than 1 supporter per turn, which would definitely be neat, but unlikely/broken.
Magnezone from Plasma Freeze let you play 2 supporters per turn. That card was terrible.

Magnezone from Plasma Freeze let you play 2 supporters per turn. That card was terrible.

Because it was a stage 2, no one played stage 2's back then from what i remembered, the reason i remember that was because of accelgor, now-a-days, that kind of thing would be extremely useful, and could probably find it's place in a Tapu koko deck since koko's an electric type, it would be similar to a vikabulu kind of thing.

This card reminds me a little of Steven, in that it's a supporter that can get you a supporter (or two). I'd say it's better, given the discard pile part, but I never really saw Steven take off, so I have some reservations on Lusamine.
I tend to think if it had been a stadium/tool combination discard pile draw it would have been more useful.
Certainly not a bad card.

This is a much healthier version of VS Seeker. No more VS seeker for Lysandre/ Guzma for the knockout in Standard.

This card wont see play sub for vs seeker. A vsseeker is a item card. This card is a supporter that can get 2 out if discard. So u wont be able to play another supporter til next turn. U could get n played n hace to redraw the supporter you want. Not saying it wont see play but no meabs is it anywhere as good as vs seeker.
We will still get a full art of vs seeker in nwar future. No it wont be a A promo semce it never had a full art. But u never know pokemon going through big changes and they doing things i never thought

were do u guys get this new like is there an official pokemon news site were they post this or what

This card wont see play sub for vs seeker. A vsseeker is a item card. This card is a supporter that can get 2 out if discard. So u wont be able to play another supporter til next turn. U could get n played n hace to redraw the supporter you want. Not saying it wont see play but no meabs is it anywhere as good as vs seeker.
We will still get a full art of vs seeker in nwar future. No it wont be a A promo semce it never had a full art. But u never know pokemon going through big changes and they doing things i never thought

Aside from kinda the two-sided Stadiums (though I view those as more akin to the Ancient Trait Pokemon than true Full Arts), we've never had a Full Art Trainer that wasn't a Supporter. There is zero reason to expect VS Seeker to even get that treatment, let alone it being released here in a usable fashion. The only way we'll see a usable VS Seeker reprint here is if a main set, expansion set or deck in Japan reprints it.

Aside from kinda the two-sided Stadiums (though I view those as more akin to the Ancient Trait Pokemon than true Full Arts), we've never had a Full Art Trainer that wasn't a Supporter. There is zero reason to expect VS Seeker to even get that treatment, let alone it being released here in a usable fashion. The only way we'll see a usable VS Seeker reprint here is if a main set, expansion set or deck in Japan reprints it.
There are full art items released in Guardians Rising and Burning Shadows.

There are full art items released in Guardians Rising and Burning Shadows.
And Sun and Moon. I have suspecting VS Seeker getting a reprint with a full art, but I think that dream is dead for now. I'm sad Lusamine isn't even close to being as good as VS Seeker, but it's still too good to ignore.

I really doubt this debunks a VS Seeker reprint. Lusamine doesn't mean much to them as a supporter except for pack sales chasing the FA, so the effect is irrelevant. Same with Torment Spray. It's a filler card. Most cards in the TCG are.

I don't consider the secret rare items to be true full arts, either. They have a standardized, pretty generic background.

Because it was a stage 2, no one played stage 2's back then from what i remembered, the reason i remember that was because of accelgor, now-a-days, that kind of thing would be extremely useful, and could probably find it's place in a Tapu koko deck since koko's an electric type, it would be similar to a vikabulu kind of thing.

Magnezone (BW: Plasma Storm 46/135), a.k.a. Magnzone [Plasma] released during the time frame when
  • There were no special first turn rules that applied only to Player 1, meaning Player 1 could attack turn 1.
  • Pokémon Catcher had not received the errata forcing you to flip a coin meaning it was an Item version of Lysandre.
  • After Rare Candy had received the errata causing it to behave like Pokémon Breeder (the way it still works now).
  • Shortly after Landorus-EX initially hit it big.
  • Shortly before Team Plasma and VirGen decks hit it big.
  • I believe this was during the period when Blastoise (BW: Boundaries Crossed 31/149; BW: Plasma Storm 137/135; BW: Plasma Blast 16/101) was doing well (fueling attackers that could OHKO almost anything in the game).
  • When the best draw Supporters were Colress, N, and Professor Sycamore; for better or worse, then meant your hand could fluctuate wildly from turn to turn.
  • When the best non-draw Supporters were Skyla and... Iris? I guess Ghestis fits in better here than with actual draw power. This is prior to AZ, Lysandre, Team Flare Grunt, Olympia, Xerosic, etc.
  • When the best draw outside of Supporters was Bicycle, which is a very good card but it isn't like how we (technically) still have Acro Bike and Trainers' Mail.
  • While we had Random Receiver, Jirachi-EX released two sets later and obviously that card is far inferior to Tapu Lele-GX (even adjusting for how the game has changed).
  • No VS Seeker, or even Pal Pad. I believe the only reliable way to recycle a Supporter was Dowsing Machine or certain attack effects.

Most of what I just said was off the top of my head; these may not even be all the reasons Magnezone [Plasma] failed to go anywhere. Yes, some of these don't apply to the present Expanded Format or even the last Standard Format where it was still legal, but by then I think the damage had already been done. Even now, when you could run it alongside Magnzone (XY: BREAKthrough 54/162) and Tapu Lele-GX, people either aren't or just know not to because it doesn't quite grant you enough of an advantage for the cost. Did I mention Item lock can slow it down too much and Ability lock leaves you stranded with a deck overloaded with Supporters? ;)

I don't know if Magnezone [Plasma] could cut it now, but something like it might have a chance. Whether downsized to a Stage 1 (a Basic would be obviously broken) or upsized to a Stage 2 Pokémon-GX, it would probably work.

Porygon2 from Great Encounters let you do the same thing and to this day it's one of the most broken cards in unlimited, even without considering BTS.

Back