• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis/Solgaleo

Brise

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, just wanted some help with a Solgaleo / Lurantis list and what you guys would change.

POKEMON:

- 1 Shaymin EX
- 1 Oranguru
- 3 Fomantis
- 2 Lurantis GX
- 4 Cosmog
- 2 Cosmoem
- 3 Solgaleo GX

TRAINERS:

- 3 Level Ball
- 1 Max Potion
- 4 Rare Candy
- 4 VS Seeker
- 1 Lillie
- 2 Lysandre
- 3 N
- 1 Olympia
- 2 Professor Sycamore
- 2 Skyla
- 2 Float Stone

ENERGY:

- 5 Grass
- 7 Metal

You should dump Olympia, Lillie, at least one of your Skyla, 1 Fomantis and possibly a grass energy. You want 4 ultras and at least 3 Sycamore, and you should up your max potion count if you're going to use those or forgo them for trainers' mail. Some super rods are also nice for recovering Solgaleos you might have to discard with Sycamore in the early game and shuffling energy back into the deck in the occasional lategame no-lurantis scenario.

This deck gets really tight so I understand how hard it is to get everything you want just right. I think you should lower the energy count in the deck. One less of each should be fine. Either Olympia OR Float stones, not both. I suggest Olympia in order to deal with Plume for now. One Skyla is fine. Use the space from that to get yourself 2 more Sycamores, you'll need them. Another Max potion or two is good as well. I've actually been considering Puzzle of Time over VS Seeker in this deck since item cards are so important. Which brings me to another must have. Hex Maniac. It's an essential card for dealing with Plume. Drop a Formantis and a Cosmog. I've seen the reasoning behind a 4-2-3 line and I'm unconvinced. Find space for Trainers mail. I'll be singing the praises for Oranguru though. Having some draw support and another attacker that isn't fire weak is great. I have Skarm from SUM in my list because of Glaceon EX, but I think this is a much better idea.

Maybe :

Pokemon
3 x Solgaleo GX
2 x Cosmoem
3 x Cosmog
2 x Lurantis GX
2 x Fomantis
1 x Shaymin EX
1 x Oranguru
Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Professor Sycamore
3 x N
1 x Lillie
3 x Ultra Ball
4 x Level Ball
4 x Trainers' Mail
4 x Puzzle of Time
4 x Rare Candy
1 x Olympia
1 x Skyla
1 x Lysandre
2 x Max Potion
1 x Pokemon Ranger
2 x VS Seeker
Energy
7 x Metal Energy - Basic
4 x Grass Energy - Basic

It's a little rough and even with the Oranguru serving as a secondary attacker you might want to find space for Weakness policy because this deck loses super hard to Volcanion.

Last edited:
Back