• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Lurantis-GX/Tapu Bulu-GX 2018 Standard

Seth Olinski

Always training....
Have been hearing a lot of talk of grass decks. Was wondering why Lurantis-GX isn't being looked at? Too energy heavy? Here's what I'm thinking of running. Help/tips/thoughts would be awesome. Really hoping to get the deck smoothed out.

Pokemon:
3 - Lurantis-GX
3 - Fomantis
2 - Tapu Bulu-GX
2 - Tapu LeLe-GX

Trainers:
3 - N
4 - Professor Sycamore
2 - Professor Kuki
2 - Guzma
1 - Mallow
1 - Bridgette
3 - Ultra Ball
4 - Max Elixar
3 - Field Blower
2 - Revitalizer
3 - Random Reciever
2 - Enhanced Hammer (These are tech's only and can be changed at will)
4 - Float Stone
4 - Choice Band
4 - Aether Paradise Conservation Area

Energy:
9 - Grass

I would recommend playing the promo lurantis because it can boost bulu's and lurantis' damage. I would also cut the random receiver because you already are playing plenty of supporters and lele's.

I would recommend playing the promo lurantis because it can boost bulu's and lurantis' damage. I would also cut the random receiver because you already are playing plenty of supporters and lele's.

What would you replace the receivers with?

Honestly this isn't a Lurantis deck, it's a Tapu Bulu deck with a Lurantis GX tech. Other than the GX move, it can't touch the damage that Bulu does. That is why no one is talking about Lurantis GX. It's a great tech and back-up attacker and probably my favorite card out of SUM, but no one is building a deck around it, including yourself.

This thread has been moved to the Deck Garage because the OP is looking for feedback on a completed decklist. If you have any questions, please consult me or any of the Forum Staff.

I've been a very big fan of Lurantis-GX for a long time now and I've always been interested in this deck concept. However, there are a few things I would change in this deck:

• First and foremost, APCA only benefits Bulu, and since you only run two of them, they seem like wasted deckspots.
  • I would up the energy count just a little bit so you will never find yourself out of energy and will be more likely to hit the Max Elixirs.
  • Your basic 'mon count is too low. You will often pull mulligans and you will start with Lele too often. You can fix this by teching in Drampa-GX, and Po Town to feed Berserk damage.
  • Why no SM25 Lurantis? This card is a godsend to Grass decks.
  • Mallow is bad. It only works in harmony with Scorched Earth/Zoroark-GX and you are much better off playing a fourth N.
  • As much as Random Receiver is a nice idea, you won't need if you just run thicker Supporter lines (I have already proposed running a 4th N).
  • Acerola is AWESOME in this deck. It will infuriate your opponent that all of their hard work damaging these high-HP 'mons have gone to waste. Also, Lurantis-GX can get Tapu Bulu running in one turn (Flower Supply plus 1 manual attachment), so there are really no negative side effects of this.
My changes would go as follows:

• -4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
  • -1 Float Stone
  • -3 Random Receiver
  • -1 Mallow
  • -2 Enhanced Hammer
  • -1 Field Blower
  • -1 Max Elixir

• +1 Drampa-GX
  • +2 Po Town
  • +1 Fomantis
  • +2 Lurantis