• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis-GX PLEASE HELP

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
So when I first started the tcg (February this year) I made a lurantis GX deck after pulling 3 in a box. I ditched that a few months later but wanted to try recreating it after seeing the new grass support cards in shining legends, namely Venusaur. I might consider adding some crimson invasion cards, but this list was made before the release so I haven't tested anything yet. Here's the list so far, but I'm uncertain on a few aspects. I noticed one main problem of dead draws and slow set-ups. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, and beside each card is the reason I included it to help you guys understand my thought process.

Pokémon - 18

* 2 Bulbasaur SLG - Evolving
* 1 Ivysaur SLG - In case I can't get a venusaur and rare candy at the same time
* 2 Venusaur SLG - I find 2 energy a lot easier to get than 3, allows me to flower supply for a fully set up pokemon
* 4 Fomantis SUM - Evolving
* 2 Lurantis PR-SM SM25 - Extra 20 damage for all my grass pokemon really helps with 1 hits
* 3 Lurantis-GX SUM - Main attacker
* 1 Shaymin SLG - 1 energy for 120 damage if knocked out lets me get revenge K.O.s whilst setting up something else
* 1 Tapu Bulu-GX BUS - Really helps in volcanion matchups due to no weakness and 180 damage
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI - Obviously

Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Professor's Letter - Get out energy if I can't draw into any
* 3 Choice Band - Extra damage for K.O.s
* 1 Skyla - Lele to any trainer or just grab rare candies
* 3 Rare Candy - Evolving to venusaur
* 2 Guzma - Switch into damaged pokemon
* 2 Brigette - Really need a bulbasaur and a few fomantis as fast as possible
* 4 Ultra Ball - Get out pokemon as fast as possible
* 2 Revitalizer - Bring back knocked out mons, especially 1 ofs like bulu and shaymin
* 2 Field Blower - Remove choice bands and stadiums to prevent 1 hit K.O.s
* 3 N - Draw support / disruption
* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area - Prevent turn 2 K.O.s on fomantis (not certain)
* 2 Float Stone - Retreat out bulu, lele or venusaur if stuck in active
* 4 Professor Sycamore - Draw support
* 1 Shauna - Late game when I can't N but need cards so can't discard

Energy - 9

* 9 Grass Energy - Attacking

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

where is the synergy with Venasaur?

I can use flower supply on a benched lurantis to get it fully set up. Also, if I go first I can get one attachment then a second + evolution to be doing 120 damage on the second turn. It also does does double the damage for the GX attack. I can also use 1 energy for 120 damage with the shaymin or attach a couple of energy to a lele to be doing lots of damage. Also there's the ability to do 180 damage with bulu for 2 energy, which is the equivalent of 1 flower supply.

feels like its not useful enough, maybe add in something to power up with Lurantis?, the Genasect could be helpful.

Last edited:
I'd suggest removing the Shauna and add a third Guzma (just because VS isn't Syandard anymore and you will post likely discard Shauna early game with Ultra Ball, Sycamore, etc. Anyways, Cynthia will out class Shauna soon, so finding room for it now when you'll most likely remove a N isn't a major problem), the Professor's Letter for another Grass Energy just because it is an item and because the Grass Energy itself gets the job done, and the Aether Paradise Conservation Areas along with a Lurantis promo (you'll most likely be using Lurantis GX as a attacker so the Formantis will already be full) for an 2-2 Remoraid/Octillery line (or Oranguru if you need space for something else).

Anyways, cool idea! I like it and I'm looking forward to hearing how it works. Hope my suggestions help, thanks!

I'd suggest removing the Shauna and add a third Guzma (just because VS isn't Syandard anymore and you will post likely discard Shauna early game with Ultra Ball, Sycamore, etc. Anyways, Cynthia will out class Shauna soon, so finding room for it now when you'll most likely remove a N isn't a major problem), the Professor's Letter for another Grass Energy just because it is an item and because the Grass Energy itself gets the job done, and the Aether Paradise Conservation Areas along with a Lurantis promo (you'll most likely be using Lurantis GX as a attacker so the Formantis will already be full) for an 2-2 Remoraid/Octillery line (or Oranguru if you need space for something else).

Anyways, cool idea! I like it and I'm looking forward to hearing how it works. Hope my suggestions help, thanks!

I actually only have shauna in the decklist because I heard cynthia was gonna do well and wanted something to replace it with along the line.

I find the lurantis promo really helps out in certain situations. If I have a choice band on lurantis and one promo out, I can 1 hit leles. The second one broadens that to tapu bulus and other pokemon with around that health. I was also thinking of adding Kukuis to allow me to access even higher HP GXs like golisopod and the eeveelution GXs.

I will definitely try to fit in the 2-2 octillery line, but I'm not sure about the removal of professors letter. It can really help me either discard 2 energy (with an ultra ball) or skyla for energy when I need the attachment for turn. I will definitely remove the aether paradise conservation area and something else to fit in this line though, maybe the shauna.

Back