• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis-GX/ Garbodor GR/ Giratina-EX

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Pokémon: 16
2 Lurantis-GX
2 Fomantis
3 Garbodor (GR)
3 Trubbish (GR)
3 Tapu Lele-GX
2 Giratina-EX
1 Shaymin-EX

Supporters: 13
3 N
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Lysandre
2 Hex Maniac
1 Pokémon Fan Club
1 Wally

Energy: 11
5 Psychic Energy
4 Grass Energy

Strategy:
So here's my deck that I am going to test but thought I'd share first.

People are saying trying to find partners for the new Garbodor and I think I have found them in Giratina-EX and Lurantis-GX.

This deck is built like those Darkrai-EX/ Giratina-EX/ Yveltal Decks. Except replacing Darkrai-EX and Yveltal with Garbodor and Lurantis-GX respectively.

The reasoning for the choice of Pokémon are that they either use Psychic or Grass Energy. These energies would be accelerated to Giratina-EX.

So Lurantis-GX is the accelerator, Garbodor is the low cost attacker and Giratina-EX is the late game finisher.

A typical game should start with Lurantis-GX accelerating Psychic Energy to benched Garbodors. This is with the intent to chain Garbodors for knockouts. Initially, Grass Energy would be accelerated to Giratina-EX.

As Garbodor takes the early game knockouts and energy starts building on Giratina-EX, Giratina-EX would then finish with Chaos Wheel. At least that's the idea. Would this work? It would be great if I could get some advice.

Given how small a line of Lurantis you run, have you considered replacing it with the Rayquaza out of Guardian's. It's a DCE for a Turbo Bolt. Also, what are the Item cards that you intend to play in this list. Right now you're at 40 cards. Personally I'd recommend Max Elixirs to combo with Tina, and load up mid-game Rays (if you were to follow my previous suggestion).

Hi there!

That's definitely a very interesting idea, and I think the extra 20 slots (you miscounted the Energy cards, there is only nine) should go to the following cards:

+2 Max Elixir. These can serve as a backup Giratina charger when you need to get the K.O with Garbodor, or when a Lurantis isn't ready. Not essential though.
+4 Ultra Ball.
+2 Nest Ball. Gets Giratina, Formantis, and Trubbish, but these dont synergize well with your deck engine, as Shaymin and Lele won't work with them.
+3 of any Stadium. I can't think of any that would really help this deck. I'd probably go with either Atlar of the Moone or Forest of Giant Plants though. Silent Lab shuts Shaymin and Lele down, so I wouldn't use it, but it's your deck :)
+2 Field Blower. Fighting Fury Belts seriously hurt your math, turning Giratina from a 2-shot into a 3-shot.
+1 Smeargle. Good with any deck that runs multiple different types of Energy cards.
+4 VS Seeker.
+2 Switch.

And here are some changes i'd make:

-1 Tapu Lele, +1 Shaymin. I just feel like 2 of each makes more sense in case Shaymin is prized.
-1 Hex Maniac, +1 Giratina. Giratina seems pretty essential to the deck.

Thats about all I can think of, hope this helps! :D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what MajoraMayhem said makes alot of sense. I would definitely try this with the new Rayquaza. I think it would be alot faster.
-2 Lurantis GX
-2 Formantis
-2 Max Elixir
-1 Psychic Energy
+3 Rayquaza
+4 DCE

If you go for Rayquaza, I'd suggest adding in DCE. Especially since Giratina can use DCE too, meaning you could drop a DCE on it, use Rayquaza, and instantly have a fully charged Giratina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. That seems to click so well! I really wanted to put in the Lurantis-GX basically because of Chaos Wheel's Grass Energy requirement but I guess Rayquaza will be less clunky.

And oh I forgot to include my item line. Here is my original item line:
Items: 20
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
4 Float Stone
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

I'll definitely take all the suggestions into account. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Hi! Adding to what everyone else said I think you should add some DDEs as it's gonna be hard if you can't find one of the energies you need.
My suggestion:
-4 Grass Energy
+4 Double Dragon Energy

P.S. I also though of a Lurantis GX/Giratina EX deck so :)

You're welcome wonderfulwhismur! :) Also, I think a Smeargle from BREAKthrough or two would really be useful for it's ability, which lets you switch a basic Energy attached to one of your Pokemon with one from the discard, it would give some extra flexibility if when you use Rayquaza you didnt have the right Energy in the discard.

Back