• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lunala GX Post Rotation: All Tips Welcome!

Demosthenes1

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all. This is a very preliminary Lunala GX box deck I've been working on, and I'd love some input. I find it hard to choose what techs to keep/remove, so any tips are welcome. This is a post rotation build as well, so if there are any attackers that would be much better in this deck (Necrozma GX and/or Solgaleo GX come to mind) post rotation, then I'd love to hear it!

Pokemon: 17
4 cosmog
2 cosmoem
2 baby lunala
2 lunala GX
3 Shining Mew
1 tapu Lele (PROMO)
1 tapu koko
2 tapu lele GX

Supporters: 11
4 sycamore
3 N
1 bridgette
1 kukui
2 Guzma

Items: 20
4 ultra ball
4 rare candy
3 max potion
1 field blower
1 super rod
1 rescue stretcher
3 choice band
3 max elixir

3 Altar of the moone

9 psychic energy

I really like Mewtwo GX in this deck. having the scaleable damage works well with Psychic transfer, and the GX move can OHKO much of the format with Choice Band. Also, it can start throwing chip damage immediately, where baby Lunala has to evolve. I think N is also better in here than Sycamore. Having just a heavy 'mon line means you don't want to be throwing away much at all if you can avoid it, so I would swap the numbers on those two.

1-of Kukui doesn't really work here, and having only 9 energy makes it tough to consistently hit on max elixirs.

I think lack of consistent energy acceleration makes this deck tough to stay consistent. Shining mew helps, but isn't likely to last more than 1 turn.

I really want to get Lunala to work, I've played it with some small success in the current format with Mewtwo Ex. When it runs well, it is really great. When you miss, it can loose to pretty much anything....

Back