Lucid Dreaming

moo5100

Moo
Recently I've been trying to achieve lucidity in my dreams(controlling your dreams) but I haven't had any luck yet. Can anyone here lucid dream? And how did you learn?

I can kind of do it. You don't want to think about what you want to dream about really hard. Keep a low-level, but consistant thought on the subject, and it will eventually go to the permant part of your brain. Get to bed on time, and eat lots of fish. Omega 3 helps your brain process thoughts faster, and you are more likely to acess your thought in your dream.

I've naturally been able to control my dreams. I've only ever had a nightmare once or twice ever. I don't know how you could possibly have a technique to it.

Juliacoolo is right. Try everything he tells you because it works, no doubt. I learnt how to lucid dream a long time ago and what he's telling you is basicly what I did. Just go along with what he says and you'll be able to sucessfully lucid dream.

Well i can do... don't know how, but the last time I had a nightmare must have been a couple of years ago. One tip; never fight against it, always follow your dream, anyway it kinda works for me. Because I barely sleep, I'm actually almost awake (even a little bit of sound awakes me) ;) not always fun, but it makes it easier to control your dreams.

The settings of my dreams are usually so weird that I can't control them.

Last night I dreamt that a Star Wars plane crashed into the back of some plane I was in, and for some reason the plane I was in didn't just blow up, and the plane behind just kept slamming into the cockpit in and out. I was just standing there witnessing the thing, unharmed. Was it possible to control it? And I somehow lost my DS during the crash, and I ended up being an American guy with pale skin and dark hair called Stuart on the run from some grandmas.

Weird dream to control.

Noobnerd said:
The settings of my dreams are usually so weird that I can't control them.

Last night I dreamt that a Star Wars plane crashed into the back of some plane I was in, and for some reason the plane I was in didn't just blow up, and the plane behind just kept slamming into the cockpit in and out. I was just standing there witnessing the thing, unharmed. Was it possible to control it? And I somehow lost my DS during the crash, and I ended up being an American guy with pale skin and dark hair called Stuart on the run from some grandmas.

Weird dream to control.
Whah!?! a Star Wars plane lol :p somehow i've those dreams sometimes too when I loose my DS, but somehow I always manages to get it back... Why are our brains trying to scare us? Though it isn't that hard to change it back into a good dream but just the idea of it... just weird :p

Lucid Dreaming = cool. I have been able to pull it off frequently ever since I was young. I am kinda addicted now to being able to fly and going through walls like a ghost in my dreams, mostly because my dreams are very real somehow (Smell, touch etc..). XD It helped me in a lot of weird dream settings that could use a twist like SHOPLIFTING!

EDIT: Oh by the way, does anyone else dream 'realistic', being able to feel, smell etc.? I've been told that it is pretty rare.

"Oh by the way, does anyone else dream 'realistic', being able to feel, smell etc.? I've been told that it is pretty rare."

Yes, but that happened only once or twice to me. It's one if the best dreams you can ever have in my opinion.

Well, not exactly what I meant but I'll take it. (I meant if someone's dreams, all of them, are 'realistic')
I have both good and bad experiences with with those realistic dreams of mine. The most intriguing experience up to date that I have had was sitting in a plane and knowing how it feels when ascending and descending without having ever been in a plane before. I have checked this on a trip to England on how it felt and I was awestruck by it. Like how could I know what the experience was like without having actually experienced it in real life. EDIT: A minor detail I forgot to tell here is that I consciously chose to get on a plane in that dream.

=O I am glad I am not the only one with such 'weird' dreams. I have had predicting dreams many times. They went further than just a feeling of going up and down. >.<

You can normally have control over your dreams when you are both in an active response state and a state close to REM state. The best time for that is early in the morning when you wake up, but you are still in need of sleep and want to remain asleep.

Set your alarm clock for 3:30 in the morning, then when it goes off, stretch a little and then go straight back to sleep, from there you should be able to have better control of your dreams.

DawnOfXatu said:
You can normally have control over your dreams when you are both in an active response state and a state close to REM state. The best time for that is early in the morning when you wake up, but you are still in need of sleep and want to remain asleep.

Set your alarm clock for 3:30 in the morning, then when it goes off, stretch a little and then go straight back to sleep, from there you should be able to have better control of your dreams.
Good point. Another thing that can help, is that the day before you control your dreams, print out a picture, or write down some facts about the dream. Don't think about it, just read/view it for 10-15 seconds, and go back to bed. That image/text won't leave your mind,, and you brain will expand on what it would of expanded if you would of thought hard about it.

Why would anyone want to control their dreams. The whole point for me is that a dream is different, unusual and special. I for one wouldn't like to control my dream but go with the flow.

Huh. I didn't know there was a term for this.

I think I can lucid dream.. but it doesn't happen a lot. Sometimes my dream continues, but eventually stuff happens that I want to happen. Less of the random dreams that don't make sense.

kashmaster said:
Why would anyone want to control their dreams. The whole point for me is that a dream is different, unusual and special. I for one wouldn't like to control my dream but go with the flow.

I use this, not so much for the ability to control myself, but because it is much easier to remember a lucid dream than a regular dream. I myself have trouble remembering dreams, so I use this technique as a way to explore my subconsious. I write a lot, and for interesting outlooks as well as a way to use your wild imagination, this works. I borrowed the idea from Stephen King who sleeps holding marbles in his hands above metal pans. That way he is awoken as soon as he enters REM giving him access to his subconsious.

Back