• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lucario / Milotic / Cofagrigus

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
Experience: Competitive Player

Pokemon: 20
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
Energy: 10
  • 6 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy: Now obviously this list is kinda tight when you have 3 different Stage 1 lines and you need enough energies to be consistent. So here's a quick rundown. The strategy is to discard lightning energies through Ultra Ball, being KO'd, or Sycamore. You then use Milotic's energy grace to get them onto a Luxio. Now here comes the fun part. For every time that set up a new Luxio using Milotic your damage output becomes bigger. Since Luxio does 40x the amount of prizes your opponent takes (for a coincidental 3 energies), you could be hitting 80 non muscle banded damage T2. Now, if you get knocked out, it's ok! Now you're doing 120 non-banded damage. That's also why we use Cofagrigus because. For every coffin you kill, you get an extra 70 damage in play (40 + 30). Now obviously, we can't keep giving up prizes or we'd lose. That's why we run Life Dew. Let's say you need to do an extra 30 with Cofa, but you don't want to give up a prize. Boom. Life Dew. Or you can always give it to the active Luxio if they've taken 5 prizes (at that point, you are doing 200 damage anyways!)

I hope you liked the fun little deck I made, I can't wait to play it online when PlayTCG updates.

EDIT: Now that this deck is playing Lucario instead of Luxio, the damage outputs are a little different, but the strategy still stays the same.

RE: Luxio/Milotic/Cofagrigus

Omg. <3 I love this deck. I looked at Luxio and said it would be put into a deck somewhere. And alas, it has been done, what a marvelous creation it is. I suggest a few simple ideas, such as:
-1 Sacred Ash (5 Pokemon again should be adequate)
-1 Jirachi (Enough supporters already)

+2 Tropical beach (3 stage 2's. That's one mean feat with or without beach, but lets make it a tad easier eh? If you don't have access to this card, as many people don't, then I suggest....)
+1 Luxray (Nice first attack and some extra HP and I mean, a clutch second attack for a quick prize on a Yveltal or Lugia isn't bad)
+1 Skyla (Need more of this. Its a good card and will keep you consistent)

I am so making this deck. No joke. Let me know if it works.

zavtac said:
Omg. <3 I love this deck. I looked at Luxio and said it would be put into a deck somewhere. And alas, it has been done, what a marvelous creation it is. I suggest a few simple ideas, such as:
-1 Sacred Ash (5 Pokemon again should be adequate)
-1 Jirachi (Enough supporters already)

+2 Tropical beach (3 stage 2's. That's one mean feat with or without beach, but lets make it a tad easier eh? If you don't have access to this card, as many people don't, then I suggest....)
+1 Luxray (Nice first attack and some extra HP and I mean, a clutch second attack for a quick prize on a Yveltal or Lugia isn't bad)
+1 Skyla (Need more of this. Its a good card and will keep you consistent)

I am so making this deck. No joke. Let me know if it works.

The reason for 2 sacred ash is just for consistency, but I see where you are coming from. Ofc I'll have to test it this week
The Tropical Beaches would be nice, but since I plan on using this deck IRL (and hoping it gets rotated after worlds), I don't think I'll be adding that
I only play 12 supporters, so the Jirachi might stay for awhile (again, I'll have to test)

So now just Luxray is left eh? Let's see what it does first...
*inspects*
I could see it working. First attack seems fun to fool around with, but I mean against Yveltal/Lugia IDK how often they would bring them up lol. I might actually add that
Thanks for the tips!

Well, one question. Why, instead of playing Luxio, don't you play Gyarados LTR, or even Lucario PLS? I believe they are way better than Luxio...

Luispipe8 said:
Well, one question. Why, instead of playing Luxio, don't you play Gyarados LTR, or even Lucario PLS? I believe they are way better than Luxio...

Gyarados is terrible until you start taking prizes
Actually Lucario is better, AND I could play Magnetic Storm to do more damage to the Lugias and such
Thanks for the suggestion making edits now :p

RE: Luxio / Milotic / Cofagrigus

I actually quite like Luxio, and had the same idea, yet I ran a Luxray Troll deck with Red Card and Fang Snipe, removing my opponent's Supporter. I ran a Celebi in there just so Luxio could be used.

Actually, instead of the "Fang Snipe" Luxray, I could see running Luxray from Next Destinies. It does sixty for a single Electric Energy, albeit the fact you take thirty on one of your benched Pokemon. Of course, this can also mean that you can do more damage earlier without having to let your opponent take too many prizes.

Try to throw in some Metal or Rainbow Energy, so you can abuse Dual Armor as well. That might help with Fairies.

Finally! My long search for a 5th deck to play in Flashfire has come to an end! Thank you! Anyway, about the deck, you never updated the strategy when you changed it from Luxio to Lucario, making it a little confusing... But great idea nonetheless!

I LOVE this deck idea, but my question is, would it work just as well without Cof? I don't quite like him in here, I know the idea is to give up prizes and smash faces, but would it work better with another meta counter (fire type? raichu maybe?)? Still love the idea of Lucario/Milotic... I have a feeling Raising Fist will have M Lucario :D

So i just was thinking what about adding the Plasma Klinkklang Line to this deck list with lucario most likely as your main attacker and miltoc just exploding it might be a good idea to have some sort of EX blocker
so like 2-2 klinkklang with rare candys might not be a bad idea

vinnych4se said:
So i just was thinking what about adding the Plasma Klinkklang Line to this deck list with lucario most likely as your main attacker and miltoc just exploding it might be a good idea to have some sort of EX blocker
so like 2-2 klinkklang with rare candys might not be a bad idea

I don't think so, I've actually tested this deck so I need to update list soon

So I built a variant of this using Evosoda's and plugging in a Druggidon... So got 4 games in so far: Game 1 VERY close loss to Garchomp/Altaria (he got going faster than I did, and I needed 1 more milotic use to win), Game 2 loss vs Pyroar/Archeaops deck... I had no answers other than Evosoda after arch got up and going, and he slowly ground me down 4-0, Game 3 opponent forfeited early (fairies?), Game 4 I made a stupid mistake and ended up losing when I misclicked the wrong Lucario... forget what he was playing, some weird hybrid deck, it was 2-0 at the end. Game 5 I don't count because I drew only a Feebas in my opening hand and no draw power, he had Kangaskhan and 1 feebas... I conceded T2 when I still had no draw power, and Kang was gonna kill me anyway.

Overall I like the deck, it hits incredibly hard once its going, and doesn't care about prizes. I feel against EX based decks it will soar, but I happened to play all sorts of non-ex decks where I feel its not quick enough. I think I want to get another Sacred Ash in here as well, because if your stuck losing a Riolu early or prize a bunch of lucarios you need a way to keep them coming (Game 2 saw me have 2/4 Lucarios prized).

How do you feel your version would deal with those matchups?

Updated a bit

It's not really supposed to be competitive so I'm not too worried about matchups. I just like to take a break from the competitive scene every once in awhile to build a fun deck. This deck really fails to win often at all, but it sure makes some exciting games because the prize counts get very close :D

I agree its hella fun! I've had a few frustrating matches tho, I only play ranked online (practice you get a lot of newbie decks) especially control decks like Pyroar/Arch. I did tweek my deck some and came out beating a couple Yveltal decks, which isn't too much of an issue because they one shot you, you one shot them, and always come out on top in the trades (you actually power faster than them!). So much fun though, can't wait for Mega Lucario :D

Back