Discussion Lucario-GX Post Team Up

Dante 21

Aspiring Trainer
I wanted to talk the possibility of Lucario-GX returning to the meta because post Team Up in Feb 19 have many OP pokemon with fighting weakness. Other than Buzzwole deck having some new playmates, what about Lucario-GX deck with some new partners, and toys to play with?

The usual partner were Zoroark-GX & Lycanroc Midnight-GX, but that haven't work for a long time. Psychic decks are still good in post Lost Thunder, however as usual, the next meta is unknown and still fresh in Japan, so I'm not concern about that. Why, Jolteon-GX, tag team Snorlax&Eevee and Pikachu&Zekrom will see play (Maybe even Incineroar-GX). Plus, Greninja&Zoroark in the next meta so Lucario-GX can still be around.

Lucario-GX seem to be promising in the next meta, or maybe not, after all, post Lost Thunder was a huge game changer to many & new decks.

Why do you think Lucario is going to be useful now, when it wasn't before? Zoroark hasn't really gone anywhere, and so Fighting has always been useful. Lucario doesn't seem better than Buzzwole or Lycanroc, to me. 120 isn't going to be enough even doubled for the tag teams; and it's just not that hard to get 120 damage for one attach nowadays anyway, even on a non-GX.

Why do you think Lucario is going to be useful now, when it wasn't before? Zoroark hasn't really gone anywhere, and so Fighting has always been useful. Lucario doesn't seem better than Buzzwole or Lycanroc, to me. 120 isn't going to be enough even doubled for the tag teams; and it's just not that hard to get 120 damage for one attach nowadays anyway, even on a non-GX.
True true. 120dmg is easy today, but like we know fighting weakness 240 dmg is better. With Kukui or Diancie or Choice Band help to OHK SnorlaxEevee & GreninjaZoroark.

Now why do I think that, because I'm thinking Po Town, Alolan Ninetales GX to get 2 Damage Mover, which helped by Dragonite (Team Up) getting Acerola. Lucario evolve turn deal 120dmg+ 20/30 more from Choice Band/Diancie to OHK weakness or 170HP GX, and the next turn (or even on the turn it was play) use the combo I just mentioned to deal possibility 180-270dmg with Beatdown (Without Choice Band or Diancie help). This will OHK Blacephalon or Tag Team CelebiVenusaur. The opponent will either OHK Lucario easy (If no Dumbbell), or use 1 price attacker for next turn big attack, or not attack at all. That's where this idea come in.

All of these are gimmick until I can think of a better way to make it more consistent (Or just used Lycan or Buzz) in the next meta. LOL

Back